Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else call out, from work, today?

Arsenic

Between Ravens fans & Cowboys fans, I just don't want to hear it.

Surely I'm not the only person home "sick" today, enjoying this fine weather.

Who else called out?

You'll still have to deal with it eventually, when you return.

On another note, I hope your Boss doesn't read ES.

i came to work. because i know too many people who wanna talk crap. Eagles fans, Panthers Fans, Giants Fans, Lions fans.....someone's gotta be there to remind them that we still have more Superbowl trophies in our case than all those teams combined.

Oddly enough, all the Cowboys fans i know have remained somewhat quiet. I think they're scared of getting beat by the ****cats tonight. and unfortunately, my Super Bowl arguement doesn't work with that particular group.

You have Skins Cancer.

Ha.

Thats classic..

You'll still have to deal with it eventually, when you return.

On another note, I hope your Boss doesn't read ES.

Good points. I do have to deal with it eventually.

Honestly, the nice weather is the main reason for this stomach bug. I have much to do outside, starting with cleaning up the ride.

I work in Cincinnati and all the long suffering Bengals fans are all jazzed about beating Pitt yesterday. It was a great game but these guys are such clowns -they win one game and they think they have a lock on the Lombardi....

And I had to take crap all day about my team losing to the Lions. One guy came in my office laughing... he nearly lost his teeth - I can only take so much crap....

I went out for lunch and the guy behind me in line even said - "At least we arent in Washington right now... they lost to Detroit..." I wanted to say something but let it go... there is no way to get away from the sad fact that the Skins are the team that broke the streak.

i came to work. because i know too many people who wanna talk crap. Eagles fans, Panthers Fans, Giants Fans, Lions fans.....someone's gotta be there to remind them that we still have more Superbowl trophies in our case than all those teams combined.
Math fail :dunce:

3=3

maybe its just me. But i don't let other people's trash talking define why I go into work or try to avoid people.

Yes the Skins lost, yes I am a Skins fan. But I wasn't talking trash to start the season because I saw the way this season started shaping up. Just go to work and eat crow.

If Lions, Giants anyone else's fans start talking. Then just reply. Yup Skins apparently aren't as good as they look on paper. That's all you gotta say.

maybe its just me. But i don't let other people's trash talking define why I go into work or try to avoid people.

Yes the Skins lost, yes I am a Skins fan. But I wasn't talking trash to start the season because I saw the way this season started shaping up. Just go to work and eat crow.

If Lions, Giants anyone else's fans start talking. Then just reply. Yup Skins apparently aren't as good as they look on paper. That's all you gotta say.

That's how it works.

I went to several games in Tampa, when the Skins came to play the Bucs.

And after one of the losses, I was walking down a residential street with my LaVar jersey on, headed back to my car parked at a friends house near the stadium. Then a huge truck full of Suckaneer fans drove up next to me, and started talking trash. "Hey LaVar, blah, blah, blah"

My reply : "Good game"

They shut up real quick.

I stayed home for a couple of reasons, but I still have to hear a friend of mine who's an Eagles fan mock me through Facebook. He said, "This has to be one of the lowest points in Skins history," and I mentioned that maybe McNabb puking in the Superbowl huddle and losing was a low point for Eagles fans. And, of course, I play the "No Lombardi trophies" card at every chance I can. :-)

Luckily, most people at my work are Redskins fans, so I probably would have heard a lot of misery if I went into today (and probably gloating from the other football fans).

That's how it works.

I went to several games in Tampa, when the Skins came to play the Bucs.

And after one of the losses, I was walking down a residential street with my LaVar jersey on, headed back to my car parked at a friends house near the stadium. Then a huge truck full of Suckaneer fans drove up next to me, and started talking trash. "Hey LaVar, blah, blah, blah"

My reply : "Good game"

They shut up real quick.

Exactly we are fans. Nothing we really say has a huge impact on the players playing.

I cheer for my team. When they lose they lose. I don't take it as someone trying to tear me down.

I didnt call out just because of the Skins.. But I'm sure the loss, somewhat, influenced my mood and decision.

I'm holding onto faith, though.. We've only played 3 games. *crosses fingers*

Well the thread title and your first post made it sound exactly like you called out because of the Skins loss.

Archived