Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for a "Players Only Meeting"?

boing

in almost every sport whenever the season is on the brink of tanking or there is no sign of life in the team, typically the team leaders/captains call a players only meeting to try and turn around the situation.

i have not seen any leadership really from the players in this regards.

most of the time, i think these meetings do not result in any significant changes, but there are those times that these meetings do indeed become the pivotal point in the season where a team can come together and play as a team and turn themselves around. And maybe, just maybe this team can still turn the ship around.

I, for one, would love to hear that London or another team leader has called a mandatory player's only meeting this week.

What do you all think of "player only meetings"? Waste of time? Helpful?

in almost every sport whenever the season is on the brink of tanking or there is no sign of life in the team, typically the team leaders/captains call a players only meeting to try and turn around the situation.

i have not seen any leadership really from the players in this regards.

most of the time, i think these meetings do not result in any significant changes, but there are those times that these meetings do indeed become the pivotal point in the season where a team can come together and play as a team and turn themselves around. And maybe, just maybe this team can still turn the ship around.

I, for one, would love to hear that London or another team leader has called a mandatory player's only meeting this week.

What do you all think of "player only meetings"? Waste of time? Helpful?

When players only meetings happen that means the season is officailly over.

When players only meetings happen that means the season is officailly over.

I don't believe that's the case at all. Players Only Meetings happen when the team needs some obvious emotional changes, and it's up to the captains to set the tone for that. What I saw on Sunday was an uninspired Redskins squad going up against a team who put it all on the line out there. We did not match there intensity on any front, and that needs to be addressed.

I'm still optimistic about this season. If we can find an identity as an offense, we may have a shot at winning some games. It's only the 3rd game of the season, so I still have hope.

I don't believe that's the case at all. Players Only Meetings happen when the team needs some obvious emotional changes, and it's up to the captains to set the tone for that. What I saw on Sunday was an uninspired Redskins squad going up against a team who put it all on the line out there. We did not match there intensity on any front, and that needs to be addressed.

I'm still optimistic about this season. If we can find an identity as an offense, we may have a shot at winning some games. It's only the 3rd game of the season, so I still have hope.

This would happen in the Spurrier Era all the time nothing would ever happen from it , the team would not improve one bit.

as soon as i saw this thread i thougt to myaelf, JC and fletch need to gt one together. if the players arent liking zorn then they need to call everyone together and disuss how to improve themselvs. this would really help outthe team if they would do zonething themselevs. it would re enforce the idea that they need to improve and change. and may e after a ayers only meetig, the captains can egt togeher wih the coach and let them knoe how all the players feel and what hey hink.

I agree, I think most of these player are out there 4 a pay chk, they could give a crap wheather their winning or losing:chair: coach needs to beat some since in his players. Look @ Haynesworth, he hurts his knee on a sack ? Please, he's a million $$ man but all he give a rip about is the check that's already been deposited in his bank acct. Until you get some players that have love for the game and wanna get out there and kick some asses then this is the kind of team the skins are gonna be

Archived