Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Portis – it’s not like Madden out there

JimmiJo

I could be wrong but isn't that their job? Utterly amazed at Portis' crying. The Lions have lost 18 straight and I am willing to bet that I could search and not find comments like the ones that came out of Portis' mouth. Hey CP do us a favor, lose some weight, get in game shape, close your mouth, run the ball and be a leader because this team has none...zip, zilch, notta.

How would Riggo have handled it? I think he'd have called the 5 o'clock club together and mulled it over over cheap beers. Then they'd go out and kick some smack the next weekend.

Your calling Portis an underachiever. All I can do is laugh. Learn the game.

for the money, he and everyone else putting up 9 points on the rams are. learn the nfl, not just be an ass and try to talk your stupid **** to me and notice the entire league.

so keep laughing, at yourself. he has done nothing to warrant his pay or crying unless he wants to direct it at himself.

when's the last time he has broken a tackle and made a big play? he hasn't. he gets pretty much what is GIVEN to him up until 1st contact and he goes down.

he can block though, damn good blocker!

that never happens in real games..................lol.

portis needs to watch espn more and see what some of these other teams are actually doing on a week to week basis, and how normal scoring 20+ points is against any team.

i dont think expecting even average NFL offensive production is anywhere along the lines of expecting to see madden football out there.

20 teams last week scored 20 points or more.

And yet, 8 of those teams lost. Remember, only 16 teams won. And 25% of the winners scored less than 20 points. :chair:

:helmet: The Rook

And yet, 8 of those teams lost. Remember, only 16 teams won. And 25% of the winners scored less than 20 points. :chair:

:helmet: The Rook

the 4 winners:

chicago against the best defense in the league in pit

oaklands awful team over KCs more awful team

jets over the pats in a tough divisional game and two great Ds

and us over the lowly rams

I think we should have whoever won that Madden tournament the last go around call our plays. How exciting would our offense be to watch then? Just load our playbook onto a computer showing what each play looks like (like Madden does) and let the guy watch the game and pick the plays. It would never happen but I think it would be really cool to see!

Lol, is this a joke? You think we're bad now?? Let's get rid of our 3 best offensive players, that'll work!

How much worse could it be we are 30Th in the league now with these watched up cancers.

trade cooley get 2 good picks start davis he is faster and not infected by portis and moss

trade moss take what you can get

cut portis out right, all this could be done in a non cap year

It's not like Madden, but when you watch all the other teams including the Rams and Lions make TD's you expect the same out of the team you root for.

especially with their price tags.. of course, listening to a lot of fans around here.. every player on the team is the best and about to have a "breakout" game any time now.

where else are there topics like "JC versus Brady"? I would wager there are fans that think Portis could do better then AP if he was on the Vikings.

How much worse could it be we are 30Th in the league now with these watched up cancers.

trade cooley get 2 good picks start davis he is faster and not infected by portis and moss

Well thats good. Lets look at our rating after 2 games and call it a season right? Do you think our defense is going to stay ranked where they are too? Lets just give up on the season now and start planning for next year!

Its 2 games, 2!!!! They are far from cancers. I dunno what team you've been watching. You need to put down whatever your smoking and relax. Trading or cutting our 3 best offensive players is beyond stupid. I mean the Pats offense isn't doing much either, maybe they should cut Brady, Moss, and Welker.

I see Portis doesn't like negative reinforcement....He is right about one thing ...this is life not a video game... I know "SOME" fans would prefer life be like MADDEN or WORLD OF WARCRAFT but it's not. ...the PROBLEM is our OWNER is one of those Madden/World of Warcraft people....thinking he can buy a superbowl team on paper and slay the NFL with his money sword....I am glad that some of this outrage from the fans has gotten to the locker room and if you listen to CP its also being heard in the Owners box....I hope they play like it Sunday.

I see Portis doesn't like negative reinforcement....He is right about one thing ...this is life not a video game... I know "SOME" fans would prefer life be like MADDEN or WORLD OF WARCRAFT but it's not. ...the PROBLEM is our OWNER is one of those Madden/World of Warcraft people....thinking he can buy a superbowl team on paper and slay the NFL with his money sword....I am glad that some of this outrage from the fans has gotten to the locker room and if you listen to CP its also being heard in the Owners box....I hope they play like it Sunday.

ill take WOW for football. have some ogres lineup on the lines, have a dwarf pound the ball at RB, put some elves out wide, and have a wizard at QB.

we'd leroy our way straight to the superbowl.

when I have a 3rd and short on the goal line I know not to run a sweep play on the short side of the field.

I know one thing this Sunday I'll be in front of the T.V just finishing my umpteenth beer and when we line up 1st and goal on the 5 yard line and I see any thing related to a hand off left or sweep to the left I will meet Portis myself on the goal line to stop the play cold....:silly: Yeah I'm that fast...I can get to Michigan into the stadium and on the field in time to tackle CP...that is if the other 11 Lion defenders don't get him for a 3 yard loss because they knew that play was coming.

Portis & Cooley need to STFU and do their jobs. You dont like fans booing you, then make a damn play, and not just something to pad you fantasy football stats. Is it too much to ask for 1 TD from the offense? I dont think so, and BTW I dont count the Cooley TD at the end of the Giants game since the D pretty much stopped their attack at that point. Not getting a TD vs the Giants solid D is not all that bad, but come on the freakin Rams?

I think you need your team to score 21 pts in the NFL to give your team a shot to win, but quite frankly I will settle for 14 vs the Lions from this group.

Portis & Cooley need to STFU and do their jobs. You dont like fans booing you, then make a damn play, and not just something to pad you fantasy football stats. Is it too much to ask for 1 TD from the offense? I dont think so, and BTW I dont count the Cooley TD at the end of the Giants game since the D pretty much stopped their attack at that point. Not getting a TD vs the Giants solid D is not all that bad, but come on the freakin Rams?

I think you need your team to score 21 pts in the NFL to give your team a shot to win, but quite frankly I will settle for 14 vs the Lions from this group.

23 ppg was the average in the NFL last year.

weve hit that mark twice in the past 13 games.

Okay right ... these are the same fans that booed a team after a win . The players already know they must do better they are after all professional . I think people loose sight of the things these players put themselves through to get to this level - the sacrifice the commitment the discipline all of that for the sake of your entertainment . People go on and on about how these players are lucky to be in their situation . Night after night after early morning in the gym, on the practice field studying film working to get better and better forgoeing normal relationships and kicking back ...isn't luck . You look at London Fletcher 10 years in the league and one of the best in the league ... what physical attributes does he have that 100's of others of other people don't yet though his hard work he has stayed at that level of perfomance . Don't ***** and whine about players getting $$$$ that is something out of their control 90% of the players play for the love of the game . It just so happens millions upon millions of people want to watch them all over the world and that brings in revenue and quite rightly they get their share . I think the redskins fans are becoming more and more embaressing every day . How does booing a team after a win help ... how is that constructive . how is 50% of the stuff posted on this message board constructive ...its not a "discussion" . The team doesn't go out to suck ... they didn't suck last week they were 1 of 16 teams that sucked less than the other 16 teams . Seriously some of you all need to chill and get thicker skins .

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. In another thread I was having the same discussion about the players. I get offended when people spit that same tired stereotype that athletes lives are a cake walk. I am one, and I have close friends who recently made it to the league, and nothing about this journey has been easy. Like you said, the sacrifice and discipline needed is insane, just like any other proffesion. But some people can only respect what they've lived through.

Couch coaches.

the Coach is not always right... Warrick Holdman? Matt Bowen starting over ST?....Rak playing at the SAM position? running every first and goal...can we see a playaction pass on first and goal?:doh:

(the old Gibbs RZ playaction play to Selly or Cooley)

It's not Rocket science, It's Football!:chair:

the Coach is not always right... Warrick Holdman? Matt Bowen starting over ST?....Rak playing at the SAM position? running every first and goal...can we see a playaction pass on first and goal?:doh:

That's the kind of statement Portis is reffering to. Football on a proffesional level is essentially rocket science. The terminology of the plays, the precise technique of the players, the mental preparation(studying statistics, tendencies, player keys), the gameday chess match between coaches and players. It's not as simple as fans believe it to be.

LMFAO!!!!! What the players put themselves through? Please dude. They get paid huge money, and I will ***** and whine cause its relevant, to go to the Gym work out, play a game and pretty much get a free pass on almost everything. Oh man that is a horrible life. They chose this profession. Your age is not posted but I am going to assume that you are old enough to work. Please tell me, do you need to be patted on the back when you do a good job at work? Do you not expect to be critcized if you F up? No matter what this is still a job for these players and they shouldnt for a second think or be told different. The work ethic should translate into production on the field. So how well do you think their work ethic is? The fans, however, are not paid to cheer this team on. They pay to do it, and whether you like it or not it is their right to boo the crap out of this team whenever they want. Even the idiots who are up there making all sorts of noise when the offense is on the field have a right to do that. I think in your babbling you lose focus on the fact that these guys are highly compensated for the work they do (dont do). These arent people out their breaking their backs for nothing. Teachers, Cops, and other professions which require a lot of off duty time to be successful are the ones who are undercompensated, not NFL players.:)

And CP is right, its not Madden. But at the same time JZ is paid good money to develop a game plan that is effective. Something he has not done a very good job at on a consistent enough basis.

RIGHT!

IMO i dont think the fans were booing the team..i think they were booing the play calling....how does booing help? We will see against DET...Bombs over bagdad.why? Because the pressure of him calling a conservative game and losing to the Lions will heat up his hot seat like a Forman Grill...IMHO i think Zorn will come out swinging...to prove to the fans he is not conservative Coach... will that happen ?we will see Sunday..but if he comes out hard it started because the fans booed him...I can see the ESPN story in my mind now. interview with Zorn...the offense wasnt working,your 1-1 coming off a 9-6 win over the Rams..the Fans were booing ..How did this offense start to click.. If we beat the Lions ass its was the booing that forced Zorn's hand...If he chooses to come out soft ...then he takes a chance on losing the game...if that gamble turns out to be a lost....DC we be on Fire...Extremeskins will be on fire.

If it was so easy then every team would be putting up a lot of points all the time right? Coaches wouldnt be fired left and right and the pool to select from to find a good coach would be much bigger than it is. To be at this level, it is a lot more difficult than you are trying to make it seem. I agree some coaching decisions need to be scrutinized and learned from but please do not try and pretend you could go in there and be the coach and be successful.

Archived