Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it Possible That the Rams Played Better last week?

Chiefinonhaze

They are still an NFL team. They watch film as well, and correct their mistakes. Just because they were the worst team in week 1, doesn't make them the worst team in the NFL.

Heres the teams that had a poor showing week 1:

-Dolphins lost to Atlanta 19-7.

-Panthers got crushed by Eagles 38-10.

-Texans lost to Jets 24-7.

-Rams lost to Seahawks(Seahawks aren't much better than us, if at all) 28-0

Each of these teams showed marked improvement from week 1 to week 2.

-Dolphins almost beat the Colts, but lost 27-23. Big improvement.

-Texans beat the Titans 34-31. That's outstanding considering the Titans went neck and neck with the Steelers.

-Panthers lost to Falcons 28-20. Better than week 1.

-And the Rams kept it close with us. We played much better than the Rams did in week 1, whether you believe it or not. Losing 23-17 In New York is much better than losing 28-0 to the Seahawks.

So each of the teams that played horribly in week 1 played much better in week 2. This is the NFL. Anything can happen on any given Sunday. Sanchez beat the Tom Brady and the Pats...does this Mean Sanchez will win 3 Superbowls? Doubt it.

your logic assumes every nfl team watches film and corrects mistakes...the redskins clearly defeat that argument

haha no but seirously it could be that they played well

I think what bothers most redskins fans is that we seemingly are not capable of things a normal NFL team should be capable of.

The Redskins have a history of beating themselves and just not taking advantage of clear opportunities that we all see on a week to week basis by other teams

so whether or not the Rams played better (which they may have) is seemingly irrelevant because most of our concerns with the redskins is that our issues are self inflicted

except they played poorly all last year too. So the Rams can only really improve. The redskins on the other hand has shown me they are a mediocre team and seems to be regressing. I hope they prove me wrong and lay the wood on the Lions.

Last season's performance is irrelevant to the discussion. It's a new season. Teams go from 5-11 to 11-5 all the time. I'm simply talking about performance from week 1 to week 2. Teams don't always look sharp on the season opener, or even early in the season.

We won. Scoreboard, as i would say to a naysaying Cowboy fan. Steelers make a living of eeking out victories.

The Rams are not a JV football team, and neither are the Lions (tho, sheesh, were they close to being that last year.)

I'll take a season of 9-7 victories if it gets us some playoff wins.

HAIL (no booing from me)

I do not get the argument that the Skins beat a vastly inferior team. The Rams are getting better and better. In fact, I can say without hesitation that I would gladly trade their entire offense for the Skins. I think Spagnuolo will be good head coach.

Not only were the Rams 2-14 last season, but they lost by 20+ 7 times. And they were shutout and beat by 28 in their opener this season. They are just flat out bad.

Not only were the Rams 2-14 last season, but they lost by 20+ 7 times. And they were shutout and beat by 28 in their opener this season. They are just flat out bad.

So because they were bad last season, means they will always be bad? They still have Steven Jackson, and he is still an elite RB IMO. He broke thad 61 yard run that led to their only points in the game. We had 5 potential scoring drives, and we moved the ball more effectively than them.

I will say this.

Spags made Zorn look like a genius when it comes to game-management.

ESPN did a spot this morning on Sonny calling out Zorn's play calling, specifically the half back option pass. Sonny said that if he got that play call he would have said I am the QB I am making a play. And Zorn then said if you did that I would take you out of the game.

Mark Schlereth then said that JC seems lost at times and he isn't a hall of famer like Sonny. Schlereth did not have an issue with the play call and made reference to the fact that Bill Parcells loved running the half back option.

So because they were bad last season, means they will always be bad? They still have Steven Jackson, and he is still an elite RB IMO. He broke thad 61 yard run that led to their only points in the game. We had 5 potential scoring drives, and we moved the ball more effectively than them.

They had steven jackson last year too. Yes we moved the ball on them but we could not score touchdowns. That is what matters

Last year does not matter. Some teams that were horrible last year are going to do a lot better. Rams could be one of those teams. It's too early to tell, though... for us as well.

I kind of agree with this except the redskins are the exception to the rule. Maybe the OP should ask a similar question after say Week 5 or 6

Last year does not matter. Some teams that were horrible last year are going to do a lot better. Rams could be one of those teams. It's too early to tell, though... for us as well.

well a 28-0 loss to a team thats looking like the 3rd best team in the nfc west doesn't help their case

Schlereth did not have an issue with the play call and made reference to the fact that Bill Parcells loved running the half back option.

Schlereth, your village called, they want their idiot back.

There is a big difference between running the half back option and running it in that situation and that close to the goal line. Especially after the two previous runs.

It does not mean that the Rams will always continue to be bad but they were awful last season and haven't shown that they are any better this season. Like I said before, not only were they 2-14 last season, but they got blown out by 20+ 7 times. The Jets beat them by 44. Bottom line is that most of their games were not even close. Now that was last season. This season they are 0-2 and put up 0 and 7 points in their two games. They are averaging 3.5 points per game. That is atrocious.

Yes, it is possible that the Rams played better last week.

It is also possible that the Skins just had a bad week and are really a much better team.

It is also possible that Snyder will realize that he has made awful mistakes the past 10 years, hire a REAL GM, cut ticket prices, charge no more than $10 to park, and have quality, low priced food and drinks on game day.:D

Sorry, I just couldn't be right. After all we have already played two whole games!

True, but about 28 other teams have played better then us. We still stink. We can't score thats the bottom line. If you can't score, you won't win very many games. I think we all saw that the last 8 games of last season just with this team. We also saw it with the first 2 games of this season. I'll say it again. We stink

Archived