Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskinsblog: Robert Henson Interacts With The Public In A Much Better Way

DixieFlatline

you mean his employers.

we're completely justified in boo'ing.

he's not justified in what he did.

if my boss comes and tells me i did a crappy job, and i turn around and say 'I'm better than you, what do you know?' then my ass is fired.

we can't directly fire hanson.

but we can boo him every chance we get when he steps on the field at fedex.

and this is coming from a person who (on this board, and to my friends) said I wanted hanson to make the team during preseason.

Employers? You are in no way his boss...You had no say on whether or not he made the team, and your booing has little to no effect on whether or not he stays on the team....

Thanks for answering for me :)

...and that was a dick comment out of anger, but a dick comment nonetheless.

I just don't see why people want to crucify the guy for being upset with the fans.

I'll be honest, I don't think his being upset with the fans for booing is the issue. The issue is the specifics in what he said. He generalized everyone who was booing as ignorant, uneducated, & unable to sustain a career outside a fastfood joint. I think what he said was incredibly insulting. Not because I think working at McDonald's is beneath me, but because he thinks working at McDonald's is beneath HIM! He was stupid for saying what he said & he will now pay for it. Everytime he suits up, he's gonna get booed, I have no doubt. Whether I think that that's fair or not is of no consequence. But it's going to happen. People have not taken kindly to his words.

Employers? You are in no way his boss...You had no say on whether or not he made the team, and your booing has little to no effect on whether or not he stays on the team....

I agree, fans are not his direct employers, but without fans (even ones who work at fast food chains) then there would be no team, no employer to hire this guy.

I'm sure the guy was just as upset seeing his team, his friends, get boo'd when he sees how hard they work to win, just as I'm sure he does to try and get on the field..but those were some reall harsh, spolied brat type things to say to people who are responsible for him having a team to play for in the

first place. People are losing a lot everyday, whos to say that the fans that

boo'd were working at Mcdonalds? And whos to say the fans that make less than he already has like he put, were the ones booing? He just fired some

random insults at a large portion of his fanbase that really hit home and, it's

a lot more personal to some people who probably didn't deserve it.

I was pretty pissed about his elitist comments about how he's better than us, making more money than us. It's "I'm better than you" douchebaggery. If it was an emotional outburst that in no way really reflects his true personality... fine. He apologized, though I'm not sure how genuine his apology was. When he spoke to the press the Redskins PR people were standing right there.

If he shows us that he appreciates putting on the burgundy and gold and playing at FedEx then, for me, all is forgiven.

In the meantime Mike and Mike in the Morning goes INSANE on the guy's comments, and rightfully so. That's just how stupid Henson's comments were. However, Kornheiser said the guy should be cut.

Losing his job over an emotional verbal outburst? I don't think so. But the guy deserves to be berated for sure, and I'm sure he has been berated enough already.

Archived