Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HOF Ray Lewis

SkinsTerps26

“I’m thinking, ‘Snap the ball. Snap the ball,’ ” the future Hall of Famer said. “There’s a backside A-gap, and I promise I’m gonna shoot it. He was sitting out there, and I’m like, I’m gonna kill this dude.”

yahoo link

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY2pInMyR4

How sick was that hit by Lewis on Sproles to end the game. Jesus he's a legend.

10 unassisted tackles, forced fumble, pressured rivers for the INT, and game winning tackle for the game.

No one even tried to block him.

I don't understand any play in which Ray Lewis is unblocked.

I think Norval was guilty of a little hubris, thinking Sproles getting two yards was automatic. It was a pretty predictable play, which helped Lewis get a jump. Kind of like us on fourth down running a sweep to the left, even after seeing the Defense has already shifted that way... ;)

No problem. Yes that issue and the fact that he a thug and a shameless self promoter. He portrays himself as something that he is not.

He's been a pile jumper for several years now, but he still makes plays here and there. In the years this decade where he and Reed went down, so did the whole team.

No one even tried to block him.

I don't understand any play in which Ray Lewis is unblocked.

Perfect timing and a terrible O-line call. How you don't identify and neutralize the Mike on that play is ridiculous. I guess since they pulled their LT and LG, nobody stayed home to cover the front door. The belief must be that if Lewis goes up the A gap, he'll overrun the play. He didn't.

Perfect timing and a terrible O-line call. How you don't identify and neutralize the Mike on that play is ridiculous. I guess since they pulled their LT and LG, nobody stayed home to cover the front door. The belief must be that if Lewis goes up the A gap, he'll overrun the play. He didn't.

He definitely got a great jump and made a gorgeous form tackle. And he obviously read the play well.

But they designed a play where the goal seemed to be to trick Ray Lewis instead of blocking Ray Lewis.

A Ray Lewis who at this point in his career is extremely blockable.

I would say that 95 percent of the LBs in the league could have made that play - though maybe it's a one yard loss or no gain instead of a two yard loss. Ray closed the gap in a hurry to his credit.

No problem. Yes that issue and the fact that he a thug and a shameless self promoter. He portrays himself as something that he is not.

I'm not sure about the thug part, but the fact that he portrays to be something that he is not (supposed to be a man of God). Based on what i've heard through the grape vine, it certainly has an element of truth. Just put it like this, Baltimore is a small city. Nevertheless, the man is a beast of a football player.

A Ray Lewis who at this point in his career is extremely blockable.

I would say that 95 percent of the LBs in the league could have made that play

Really? Name one. That was the NFL's play of the week in many media because it was unique -- few if any other LBs could have made that play.

I saw Ray just blow away Browns blockers today like he has been doing for 13 seasons. At the pace that he is playing, he's headed for another pro Bowl and may even be in contention for his third DPOY.

Ray at 34 is still among the top MLBs in the league, if not the top. Many who don't watch the Ravens still repeat the unfounded media blah-blah that Ray "has lost a step". Just ask Sproles, or Norv Turner, if they think that Ray has lost a step.

That puts you at around 9 years old then right?

A) You meant to quote this guy:

He's been playing for the majority of my lifetime, and some people still haven't learned...

B) How would that be the majority of his life? That would be his entire life.

Majority means more than half. Ray Lewis has been killing it since 2000, which means for that to be the majority, Dark Light would probably be around 17.

];6813148']A) You meant to quote this guy:

B) How would that be the majority of his life? That would be his entire life.

Majority means more than half. Ray Lewis has been killing it since 2000' date=' which means for that to be the majority, Dark Light would probably be around 17.[/quote']

So close; only two years off.

Archived