Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flow of traffic on Arena Drive was a nightmare!

HigSkin

It was the worst organized parking situation at FedEx in all the years I've gone.

I would agree. Danny needs a refund form those traffic flow consultants he paid.

Also I HATE the new fences blocking of the Platinum lots. Makes me what to hit those cars with rocks just because.

For what its worth, we parked in green. Probably got there a little before 11.

We came from the VA side, went through DC up constitution to capital street, which turns into central Ave. Made a left at summerfield BLVD up to green parking. had no problems, sat in very minor traffic.

it isn't hard.

If you come in on Arena and have Orange or Green....stay to the right. There are two HUGE lots there. That's where we've been going for years. Don't force us to drive another 15 min around the left side, to that other Orange lot by Gate A.

If those lots off of Arena fill....THEN you start directing them around. Not before.

On the back of the parking pass it says I can park in any of these lots. So maybe Mr. Homer, you should actually read the back of the pass
It does not say that.
Mark, i think you are drinking too much of the Redskins' kool-aid! if you read the rules for parking on the Skins website, it even states that ALL SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TAILGAITING.

ALL SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TAILGATING is a true statement. That doesn't imply that you may park in any space you want at any time you want.

...that statement means i can park and tailgate in ANY SPACE I WANT.
No, it doesn't.
...the only new rule is that you will be moved to the back of the lot if you require more than one spot.
This is simply untrue.
again, i am not sitting in unnecessary gridlock, then get into an empty lot and be told to go park in the back....trust me, NOBODY HAS TO GO TO THE BACK OF THE LOT unless you will be using more than one space. but we had an orange parking pass, got there early to a nearly empty lot and told to move for NO REASON?!?!
Look at your pass. Look at the print above the map on the back.

ALL VEHICLES WILL BE DIRECTED TO SPECIFIC SPACES IN EACH LOT

What is it about that statement that confuses you?

You can be upset about the new rules, and that's fine. But you can't say that the new rules don't exist.

Again - all these problems will evaporate if you simply adhere to skinsfan1311's advice in post #27.

It does not say that.

ALL SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TAILGATING is a true statement. That doesn't imply that you may park in any space you want at any time you want.

No, it doesn't.

This is simply untrue.

Look at your pass. Look at the print above the map on the back.

ALL VEHICLES WILL BE DIRECTED TO SPECIFIC SPACES IN EACH LOT

What is it about that statement that confuses you?

You can be upset about the new rules, and that's fine. But you can't say that the new rules don't exist.

Again - all these problems will evaporate if you simply adhere to skinsfan1311's advice in post #27.

So, you're saying. If you get there when the gates open. They won't stop you from parking anywhere in the lots with your color pass?

I need your advice. I'm going to my first Redskins game at FedEx against KC. I will be staying at a dowtown hotel. I wanna know if taking the Metro to Morgan and walking from there is a good idea? What is the walking distance between the Morgan Metro station and the Stadium? I don't mind walking 1 hour if I need to. How is the Metro at the end of the game to get back to downtown?

Mark, I don't think the pass saying that you will be directed to specific spaces actually means what you are implying. I think it means that if it's Orange, it's orange, if it's Green, it's green. I don't think they will actually show you in the lot and pick out your particular parking spot. Your logic doesn't make any more sense than the reasoning the attendants made.

well, mark the homer can read/interpret whatever he wants, and park wherever they tell him to. for the rest of us FANS with a backbone and tired of dealing with this organizations BULLSH!T, park where you want! not only are they NOT going to bother towing you, how in the WORLD would a tow truck even get thru that traffic mess they have created?!?!?!?

It's stuff like this that makes me glad I didn't re-new my parking pass this year.

I went down Arena Dr. about 10:15, and was also surprised to see it backed up so early. We waited about 10-15 minutes before we pulled into the cash lot (the old paved Red lot across from Jehrico). Paid $35, picked a primo tailgating spot, and never had to wait in a line at the porta-john. The lot never filled (as a matter of fact, the Red lot closer to the stadium, the non-paved one was virtually empty).

Best parking day I've ever had there. There's nothing more valuble than shady trees, elbow room and being able to urinate when you want. :D

And I paid less money than if I'd renewed my passes.

No, the back of the pass is wisely worded to say to follow the directions of the crew there.

If the crew doesn't speak a lot of english, then I don't know who's problem that is.

Looking at the picture I posted, I should have one from the right where you can see bumper to bumper traffic with folks not sure where they are being sent.

It was a zoo.

Mark, I don't think the pass saying that you will be directed to specific spaces actually means what you are implying. I think it means that if it's Orange, it's orange, if it's Green, it's green. I don't think they will actually show you in the lot and pick out your particular parking spot. Your logic doesn't make any more sense than the reasoning the attendants made.

It does.

I've been in these parking threads since June.

It means exactly what it says.

Vehicles will be flagged into a specific space between two painted lines.

I'm not saying there aren't problems that need to be resolved. I sympathize with those stuck in gridlock yesterday. I'm just saying these rules have been outlined and discussed for quite some time.

Wow. I didn't think it was possible for Snyder's reputation with the fan base to get any worse.

The game day experience has gone more and more down hill now leading people with season tickets for 10+ years refusing to renew them because they can't smoothly park at the stadium 3 1/2 hours before game time!

It's frustrating and quite frankly embarrassing.

I need your advice. I'm going to my first Redskins game at FedEx against KC. I will be staying at a dowtown hotel. I wanna know if taking the Metro to Morgan and walking from there is a good idea? What is the walking distance between the Morgan Metro station and the Stadium? I don't mind walking 1 hour if I need to. How is the Metro at the end of the game to get back to downtown?
It's slightly less than a mile walk, should take you less than 20 mins.

The metro to get back will be crowded.

It does.

I've been in these parking threads since June.

It means exactly what it says.

Vehicles will be flagged into a specific space between two painted lines.

I'm not saying there aren't problems that need to be resolved. I sympathize with those stuck in gridlock yesterday. I'm just saying these rules have been outlined and discussed for quite some time.

Add, the rules were poorly created and planned out.

The team needs good PR like Detroit does. Its that bad. The anti-Snyder fanbase is as strong, if not stronger than the blanket support the team because we love them fanbase. He's blamed for everything now. Fair or Not.

Looking at my picture, knowing we were a lot an outer edge of the orange lot...and knowing our grill was cooking. Why would you even go to the people already parked? Go tell your flagman to point them the other direction. Don't harass parked and cooking fans.

Homer, I'm usually on board with you, but this is getting just a tad silly. Repeatedly telling everyone to leave 15 minutes earlier doesn't solve the core issue; that of the inherent confusion that is present with the current direction of the parking staff. There is no clear direction on how to get to specific lots and old tried-and-true ways to get to specific lots randomly are getting closed off, seemingly arbitrarily. Lanes often disappear and reappear and muddled direction from lot staff combined with people stopping cold trying to ask how to get to a certain lot is causing back-ups unnecessarily. Yes, we know it's all new and yes, we can all hope they iron things out and get it at least back to our "standard bad traffic" instead of the current "advanced bad traffic". But in the mean time, berating folk for not being hardcore enough to have a tent setup on the highway the night before* or telling them it's their fault that the lot management is faulty is not productive or helpful.

* - Hyperbole, I know. Trying to make a point. :)

See skinsfan1311's post # 27.

Mark....Thanks, but we were there at 9:20a.m. The lots just opened 20 minutes earlier and they already had a backup beyond the Jerrico Church on Arena Dr.

They just weren't allowing access to the Green F Lot off of Arena Dr. until 11:00a.m.

I'm just wondering how the others that accessed Green F Lot before 11:00a.m. got in there?

well, mark the homer can read/interpret whatever he wants, and park wherever they tell him to. for the rest of us FANS with a backbone and tired of dealing with this organizations BULLSH!T, park where you want! not only are they NOT going to bother towing you, how in the WORLD would a tow truck even get thru that traffic mess they have created?!?!?!?

They towed a truck next to me.

Just sayin.

I agree, though. Park in any space you want. If you have a green pass you can park anywhere in the green lot you wish.

They towed a truck next to me.

Just sayin.

I agree, though. Park in any space you want. If you have a green pass you can park anywhere in the green lot you wish.

That's how you win over your own fan base. Tow a season ticker holder with a green parking pass parked in a parking space in the green lot.

That's how you win over your own fan base. Tow a season ticker holder with a green parking pass parked in a parking space in the green lot.

Yeah that's horrible. As long as you're in the lot you have a pass for, what does it matter? Like someone said earlier, you can tailgate in any spot you want as long as you don't take up more than one spot. Then you have to go to the back of the lot. But to tow someone because they didn't park where the dumb parking attendants told them it assanine.

Also, is it just me or are there a bunch of parking attendants this year who don't speak great English?

Mark....Thanks, but we were there at 9:20a.m. The lots just opened 20 minutes earlier and they already had a backup beyond the Jerrico Church on Arena Dr.

They just weren't allowing access to the Green F Lot off of Arena Dr. until 11:00a.m.

I'm just wondering how the others that accessed Green F Lot before 11:00a.m. got in there?

I don't know if this is correct because it came from the supervisor in the brown shirt along the wall of cones on arena but he told me I had circle back out to the beltway and take 202 to Brightseat to get in there.

I've never been allowed to enter D when the other lots open and I've seen multiple others refused entry as well, but I will see a few cars in there. After some time it seems to fill quickly.

I don't get it.

If you are talking about Green D then look at the picture below. You have to know where you are going or else you will try and enter at the makeshift turnaround. the entrance is easy to go by fast and is poorly labeled. I assume this is the problem people were having with Green D.

I never saw anyone get directed into certain spots yesterday in the orange lot i parked in. (the one on the right of redskins road that used to be green) they just had flagmen lined up to a certain point when you turned into the lot, flagging people through, but once to that point, people went wherever they wanted.

Im not sure about the other orange lot next to the HELICOPTOR PAD which is next to the players parking lot. But yea most of the flagmen didn't speak any English it seemed.

Better Communication:

When the entire traffic flow into the parking lots is changed, a simple e-mail notice to ticket holders would help. You shouldn't just close off access to GreenF lot without notice. I had several options of getting to that lot, but none of those options were available to me once I got to the point in traffic where we could see what was going on.

This is good info, thanks for the posts.

It's going to take a few games to get the parking situations smoothed out.

Apparently the small Green F lot which is accessed via Arena Dr. fills very quickly and there are no other green lots available. It seems to me the attendants could have directed you west across the premium lots to the Green A or B lot, but I'm not intimately familiar with parking operations. If you have a green pass and you arrive after 3.5 hours prior to kickoff, you should probably consider taking Exit 17 Rt 202 Landover Rd to access the Green D lot, or Exit 15 Central Ave to Morgan Blvd to access the Green A or B lots.

Regarding enforcement, tailgaters who park in the back of a given lot are permitted to take up to two spaces for a limited time. There is nothing to enforce as far as that goes.

I'll forward any additional info I receive regarding this to this forum.

Thanks again.

stadiumparkingmap.jpg

Archived