Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flow of traffic on Arena Drive was a nightmare!

HigSkin

ok, i am sorry, i was NOT clear...we waited in line and were directed into our lot. the outside perimeter of the lot was being filled with tailgaiters. we were not tailgaiting, just parking. we were not directed to any specific area, and we just found a good spot ...
That was your mistake. You could have been towed. Fortunately you were not. :)

I'm sorry to see some people went through situations like I did.

Like this team needed to make the fanbase feel even more worthless. Now we're punished for arriving early?

I'm not talking about a bunch of cars trying to take up a bunch of space for tailgating.

1 Car....4 people sitting behind the car, which was along the perimeter. Taking up only our space.

No Class Operation they are running over there at FedEx.

Ever since the draft day a few years ago when they forced people to funnel through the team store...and would stop the line for a few min at a time.....to the point where the FedEx Employee blocking the door said proudly "I don't care if you're waiting, I'm a Cowboy's fan"......to this?

Shame on Mr. Snyder.

And people wonder why we don't shell out money to go to the games?

Not Going:

8 more hours of free time

$250 in my pocket

$1 dollar beers

No beer spilled down my back

Watch game in a reclined position

Catch Highlights from other games

No better feeling then hearing how loud it gets on 3rd downs.

No Worse feeling then hearing it go quiet on 1st down when they kill us on 3rd down.

If you're referring to the Green D lot near the RV lot, it doesn't make sense.

I'm referring to Green D.

See skinsfan1311's post # 27.

I agree completely. I was on Redskin Road at 8:10 was barely able to clear the intersection at Brightseat Road. I left the E lot at about 7:30.

I'll be arriving earlier for the Tampa Bay game.

I gave up my season tix 2 years ago but got invited to the game yesteday. Now I remember why I gave up my tix. Nightmarish drives to and from the games, bad food, expensive parking and food, and a mediocre to bad product on the field at a lousy stadium. I won't be going back anytime soon.

I'm referring to Green D.

... I was on Redskin Road at 8:10 was barely able to clear the intersection at Brightseat Road. I left the E lot at about 7:30.

I still don't quite understand. You go down Redskins Rd in the right hand green lane, and they don't let you in? So then you had to navigate across five lanes of game day traffic to access the green E lot????

I don't think so.

I think you lined up in the left-hand green lane which is why you ended up in the left-hand green E lot.

http://wai.redskins.com/redskinsFile/docs/StadiumParkingMap2009.pdf

That was your mistake. You could have been towed. Fortunately you were not. :)

let me get this straight....it was OUR fault? hhhmmm, seems Mark The Homer is Mark The Clueless! we pulled into the lot, found a spot, of which there were HUNDREDS open as the lot was barely used. Then they tell us to park near the rear? FOR WHAT? and trust me there Mark, you and the Redskins can go ahead and TRY to tow us. we were not tailgaiting, we parked and left to tailgate elsewhere. Nowhere are there signs that say you cannot park in the middle of the lot. We broke no laws or rules/regulations. Sounds to me like Mark the Homer enjoys Danny and the gameday experience...one of the few, TRUST ME!

I still don't quite understand. You go down Redskins Rd in the right hand green lane, and they don't let you in? So then you had to navigate across five lanes of game day traffic to access the green E lot????

I don't think so.

I think you lined up in the left hand green lane which is why you ended up in the green E lot.

For the Steelers game I lined up on the right, was refused entry to the Green D lot and had to navigate across however many lanes there are of gameday traffic to get into E. Two people behind me had to do the very same thing.

I haven't tried it since because I don't want to waste time and lose position in the E lot. Plus, D remains empty until sometime later, including yesterday. A select few are allowed in. Maybe they flip some cash.

I was on Redskins Rd. at about 8. I just made it across the intersection and sat there until about 8:30 with cars moving freely, not impeding anyone. Then PG's finest showed up and decided I was blocking the intersection. I had to go all the way over to the right on Redskin Rd. then and make my way back across traffic when the lots opened to get in the E lot. Luckily I knew some people in line and they gave me a break, so it was not to bad.

Also where you turn left into the gray lot was causing big problems. People were just sitting there because they wanted to go in the green e lot and they didn't want to block the intersection, so the people wanting to turn left into gray were screwed and going up the wrong side of the road and all kinds of crazy stuff to turn left.

I parked in the Gray lot yesterday and I thought it went pretty good overall. Arrived at 10:30 and was in the lot and parked in 5 mins..The walk to the stadium wasnt to bad even with a 4 yr old on my shoulders...But getting out was long but thats to be expected with everyone leaving at the same time.Only thing I think they shouldnt do is make anyone park right next to a job-johnny(like 1 foot away)YUCK!!!! I would have argued with them if they wanted me to park there but people did...Sounds like the green and orange where having more problems tho....Anyone think it was because of the cash lots being on ARENA DRIVE that most of the people parking there werent use to the traffic situation by the stadium?

I am simply saying that it has already been communicated to fans that fans will be directed where to park.

You might want to read the text on the back of your pass.

On the back of the parking pass it says I can park in any of these lots. So maybe Mr. Homer, you should actually read the back of the pass

I am simply saying that it has already been communicated to fans that fans will be directed where to park.

You might want to read the text on the back of your pass.

Mark, i think you are drinking too much of the Redskins' kool-aid! if you read the rules for parking on the Skins website, it even states that ALL SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TAILGAITING. not that we were in our spot, but that statement means i can park and tailgate in ANY SPACE I WANT. the only new rule is that you will be moved to the back of the lot if you require more than one spot. again, i am not sitting in unnecessary gridlock, then get into an empty lot and be told to go park in the back....trust me, NOBODY HAS TO GO TO THE BACK OF THE LOT unless you will be using more than one space. but we had an orange parking pass, got there early to a nearly empty lot and told to move for NO REASON?!?! and we stayed right there and nothing will stop us from that. now stop trying to justify the crazyness that this organization is spewing and be a fan! sometimes, fans need to step up and let them know, we are the customer, and we are not going to arrive early and be forced to backfill the lot so the folks who get there after the game starts can get all the up front spots.....and the more i think of it, you sound like a snyder type of guy....send him your resume and your thoughts....i am sure he would LOVE to have a guy like you on his staff!

I was on Redskins Rd. at about 8. I just made it across the intersection and sat there until about 8:30 with cars moving freely, not impeding anyone. Then PG's finest showed up and decided I was blocking the intersection. I had to go all the way over to the right on Redskin Rd. then and make my way back across traffic when the lots opened to get in the E lot. Luckily I knew some people in line and they gave me a break, so it was not to bad.

You must have been right next to me or right behind me. I had to move over one lane to clear the crosswalk.

Did you notice anyone trying to get into the Green D lot past the RV lot?

BUFORD, that is EXACTLY what we got in the orange lot. an empty lot that took us for ever to get to due to unnecessary, man-made bottleknecking. then that little non english speacking flag waver told us to move. laughed at him and then had the big golf cart guy tell us the same thing. to which we verbally BLASTED him until he sputtered away. the last thing those clowns need to do is mess with angry fans sitting in traffic caused by them, and then tell us to backfill...hahaha! never gonna happen!

You must have been right next to me or right behind me. I had to move over one lane to clear the crosswalk.

Did you notice anyone trying to get into the Green D lot past the RV lot?

Not really, but I was concentrating on trying to navigate back across all those lanes to get into the the Green E lot.

If this is happening then it's just plain stupid. Reward people that come late with better parking then those who come early.

While we didn't have a lot of problems, I agree with you here. We were directed past a lot of empty lots that were roped off. We left an hour earlier than normal because we have learned from past lessons - if there are any changes made to parking or times or anything else, you must leave early as confusion always ensues.

Those of us who arrived at 9:30-10:00 a.m. should not have had to drive all the way around to the back lots, that's the only thing that didn't make sense to me.

BUFORD, that is EXACTLY what we got in the orange lot. an empty lot that took us for ever to get to due to unnecessary, man-made bottleknecking. then that little non english speacking flag waver told us to move. laughed at him and then had the big golf cart guy tell us the same thing. to which we verbally BLASTED him until he sputtered away. the last thing those clowns need to do is mess with angry fans sitting in traffic caused by them, and then tell us to backfill...hahaha! never gonna happen!

We might have been in the same lot.

The guy in the cart told me "Hey, its my 1st day".

My reply was "You guys aren't going to punish paying fans for arriving early. My pass says "Orange", not "Orange and over in that corner so the people who show up late get the best spots"".

He just accepted it and drove off.

It was the worst organized parking situation at FedEx in all the years I've gone.

No. All lots open four hours prior. However, if you look at the layout of the C & D lots, because the C lot lacks it's own exclusive entrance and requires traveling across the D lots, if you intend on parking in the D lot, it's possible you will be flagged over to far end of the C lot depending on what time you arrive.

I'd be glad to look at the layout but the nimrods who put the parking diagram on the Redskins website took the C & D lot designations off the map.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Parking_and_Directions_51637.jsp

Archived