Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do you all hate on JC so much?

Waleo32

Don't act like that's the only liberty you take with the facts to push your anti-Campbell agenda that you display 24/7 on this forum every day. Everyone on this forum knows that you don't really care what the facts are - if you think you can use it against Campbell you will.

As far as the overthrow to Moss - I haven't seen a camera angle that shows where the safety was on that play. If you have - I'll certainly shut up but looked like a miscommunication to me more than an overthrow - and the only reason for one to believe Campbell was more at fault than Moss was the fact that Moss did his "act like a spoiled child" routine when things didn't go his way. Something that has me souring on him more and more every year.

lol, campbell pushes his own anti campbell agenda, you just dont like what im pointing out.

fact: he called a dreadful audible because hes so stupid he forgot what down and distance it was.

fact: his pass to moss was terrible. even if moss had run the flag, it was still overthrown.

fact: his pick was awful considering he was 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

fact: his fumble was 100% his fault because he held the ball like a loaf of bread and didnt step into the pocket his oline made for him.

i didnt make that stuff up. you can chose to ignore it, but those are the facts. hes not getting it done here. you know what my agenda is? its hoping that we get a great QB here someday so we can all have confidence when the game is on the line.

155 yards? sick! im buying my tickets to hawaii!

Dude, 70% leading to 155 yards means- wait for it... we didn't throw enough. That's how numbers work.

Did the Skins win?

No. Combination of poor play and even poorer playcalling.

Plus a stupid INT thrown past the LOS, a brain fart which led to seven for the Giants and a total of 3 points on Offense to show for it. Bravo, Campbell.

Not saying Campbell played a great game. Obviously he had some stupid mistakes. That said, there were opportunities to do better that looked like they were glaringly obvious. I mean when you end up with 19 carries for 17 yards after the FIRST play of the game... what kind of road sign do you need to tell you to do what was working? 70% completion for 155 yards should indicate something to you guys.

Those 2 VERY stupid mistakes Campbell had were on the 3nd and 4th series. That was after we had the bad 1st series (which I won't rehash the playcalling on), and the bad 2nd series (which we gave up on by just running Portis after they slapped us by going for the TD on fourth down).

After those mistakes, he settled in fairly well and we had success throwing the ball. Players make mistakes, and good players make up for the ones they make earlier. 14/20 for 155 suggests he could have made up for it given the opportunity. I'm not trying to suggest he's "good" - but yesterday it feels like we went away from something that was working in favor of something that wasn't.

14/20 for 155 yards 0TDs and 1int is BAD.

2 bad plays...is... BAD.

:doh:

The 1-int and even the fumble-TD could have been negated by the good play by better redzone playcalling. To say we needed mistake-free play by the QB is an indictment on the rest of the team, and I think the rest of the team is better than that. I think we could have survived with the INT and the fumble/TD. I'm not defending Campbell as much as saying that the playcalling was the most glaring atrocity I saw.

He also left out the 3 points his offense scored....the ones that came after a 3 play, 2 yard drive.

There were plenty of points left on the board. There were plenty of wasted plays.

Look, when you run the ball 19 times for 17 yards... how many of those plays would you call good? And how many of those were by Campbell?

To answer that question is kinda tough.

It seems to me that the reason all the JC haters dislike our starting QB so much is because they have to place blame somewhere, and with the recent successes of Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, these fans seem to think that the ENTIRE game of football falls onto the QB's shoulders, despite the fact that the aforementioned signal callers had above average offensive-lines and run-first offenses that put a premium on safe low risk throws and lots of play-action. First it was Colt Brennan was better than Campbell, then it was Chase, then the week before the Giants game it was, "JC might be ready". Now he didnt have a stellar game, he made some miscues, which is not uncommon for the first week of the year, but to some it only solidified their opinion that JC will never be the FQB for this team. Now in my opinion he has the skill set to be a winner in this league and none of your lame ass opinions are going to change my mind, his stats have gotten better every season he has been here, and has only played 2 1/2 full years. If he doesnt step it up in the weeks to come then i say next year draft a young gun, but give JC his shot and stop your ****ing whining:mad:

Any more shots for JC and we'd be accused of having a machine gun...and please dont order anyone to stop their whining...Ive been here through the good and the bad and earned my right to "whine"...if you dont want to hear about it dont read it....

this is the way i see it

the interception? it happens. a lot of quarterbacks threw interceptions yesterday. a lot of quarterbacks will throw interceptions. but if jc does it, we have to replace him.

the over the line of scrimmage play. it happens. that's why there's a rule about it. but if JC does it..we have to replace him.

the checkdown. don't know what happened here, or what zorn or campbell were thinking. i think JC was in the process of changinig the play and realized he didn't hve a lot of time on the clock, so he just audibled into a handoff real quick so he wouldn't have to eat the penalty.

I'm glad we didn't trade for cutler. it seems that he completed more passes to the opposition than to his teammates. now people will probably say "we should've got sanchez...look how good he's playing." the difference is that sanchez is balling because his coach lets him air it out with no reservations. how can JC feel confident in throwing the ball if his coach won't show confidence in him? obviously he was connecting on enough of his passes. to complete what....76% of them. 19 of 26 is pretty damn good. and don't say his stats up until that last drive were pathetic because he completed plenty to cooley and randle el up to that point. the fact is that it was well into the 2nd quarter before they ran their first "real" pass play. the only pass plays before that was the randle el disaster a screen type play to cooley. think about that. the coach called a trick play where the WR is supposed to pass before calling the first pass play for the QB.

Jason had a pretty good game, but also had a couple of really hard to forgive brain farts. He needs to be more aware. The overthrown ball isn't a big deal to me. Yesterday, every game I saw a qb missed a big shot. It happens. The pass that was thrown well beyond the line of scrimmage INTO coverage was a huge mistake. It's one thing if the guy was completely open and he launched it thinking he had a big play suddenly open up, but he lost track of where he was and threw into a place where a bad thing could happen. The audible was crazy and the time-outs hurt too.

It was a very mixed bag game. Jason did a lot of very nice positive stuff, but also made too many rookie blunders.

i think hes talking about the deep route, the one where campbell sailed the ball over his head rendering it uncatchable regardless which route moss ran.

Gotcha'. In other words, even though Campbell has known for the last four years that Moss isn't a giant, Moss was still supposed to grow another 6" to make the play... :silly:

Yeah he made some mistakes in key situations, but overall his performance wasn't bad.

In week 1 so far he is 24th(26) in attempts, and 4th in Percentage(73.1), 4th in 1st down%(46.2) and 10th in overall QB rating(93.6) which means he did better than 2/3 of the other guys.

If Zorn would show more confidence and not play so conservative Campbell wouldn't have all that pressure on his back on 3rd and long and he would be even better. Dump a screen pass over the line once in a while to a Rb and maybe it would slow down that insane pass rush.

Ha! God you've gotta love the "stat-guys".

Here's a stat for you.........we lost yet another meaningful game with Campbell under center, and while he's not "THE" reason we lost, he's sure a huge piece of the losing puzzle.

You know what, I've been a Campbell supporter. The problem is he's inconsistent and has never really shown more than flashes to be a true franchise QB. The guy hasn't shown the ability to put a team on his shoulders and strike fear in a defense. ........

Bottom-line is he hasn't been a winner for us. It's meaningless to bring up his last season at Auburn where he went undefeated. Fact of the matter is as a Redskins starter he has been 16-21.

And his 93.6 rating yesterday is also very misleading as he made a lot of bad decisions and hesitations that get overlooked simply by a QB rating calculation.

Umm.........gee wiz........haven't so many of us been saying this for goodness knows how long? Is the fact that Colt is no longer an option the reason all these former JC supporters now realize it's not that we wanted CB in there............just ANYONE ELSE??? My goodness!

He looks identical to what he was last year.............and that, my friends, is pathetic. Zero growth in his 5th year and more importantly to so many of his disciples............2nd year in the same system. Stop the excuses and deal with the reality of the situation.

What word would you use to describe someone who "just doesn't process information quickly?"

What word? Slow? Dumb? Stupid?

"My name is Forrest..............Forrest Gu-ump"

I don't really care what you're throwing out there BLC because if this continues a change is necessary and is coming.

I don't think Campbell is as dumb as some of you try to say he is - but whatever. I think he has worked as hard as anyone I can remember on the Skins to be good and tried to embrace the city in his time here. I feel bad for him if it doesn't work out but that's the nature of the business.

With that said - I'm not shoveling dirt on the guy after a game against the Giants where he didn't make his first real pass until the 2nd quarter.

The next few weeks will make the situation a bit more clear.

Yeah, bad day to post this thread. The haters are gonna jump hard. Personally, I feel he made a couple mistakes but in general was crisp and on target with most of his passes. He could have been worse (see Jay Cutler). But thats all I'm saying because this holiday is for the chicken littles :) See you all on Thursday when common sense begins to settle back into the board (at least to the normal rate).

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I don't really care what you're throwing out there BLC because if this continues a change is necessary and is coming.

I don't think Campbell is as dumb as some of you try to say he is - but whatever. I think he has worked as hard as anyone I can remember on the Skins to be good and tried to embrace the city in his time here. I feel bad for him if it doesn't work out but that's the nature of the business.

With that said - I'm not shoveling dirt on the guy after a game against the Giants where he didn't make his first real pass until the 2nd quarter.

The next few weeks will make the situation a bit more clear.

fair enough, all that drives me nuts is when people close their eyes and pretend campbell is playing well, which is asinine.

and the next few weeks wont be telling at all. im already predicting now he'll play fine against the rams and the lions, and maybe the chiefs. those are the kinds of teams he can put up yards against, not the legit good teams.

its safe to say hes done here and were just going through the motions. id love to see collins come in and give this thing a go.

you cannot call them rookie blunders. this is his 5th year in the league.

Disagree. You can't excuse them as rookie blunders, he shouldn't be committing rookie blunders... but those are what those are. In his fifth year, he should not be committing the gaffes we expect of a rookie.

Overall, Campbell was a good qb today, but those concentration/focus/lapse moments really sank him. Took him from a B to a D in my estimation.

fair enough, all that drives me nuts is when people close their eyes and pretend campbell is playing well, which is asinine.

and the next few weeks wont be telling at all. im already predicting now he'll play fine against the rams and the lions, and maybe the chiefs. those are the kinds of teams he can put up yards against, not the legit good teams.

its safe to say hes done here and were just going through the motions. id love to see collins come in and give this thing a go.

Simple question, BLC, do you think Eli is a very good qb?

The team in general can take the blame for yesterdays loss. The thing that kills me is that when people single out JC as the only reason for the loss. There were several reasons for the Skins loss yesterday. To just say JC is plain crazy. Its just like this offseason. JC haters kept saying only JC is the problem for the Skins inconsistent play. Man please. JC has improved each season he's been here despite having an inept front office. Also Stevie Wonder can see that the O-line needs upgrading.

I predicted that Clinton Portis will be the next fall guy in the off season.

Former fall guys are Dan Wilkinson, Brian Mitchell, Champ Bailey, Lavar Arrington, Jason Campbell and next CP. The front office gets no flack though.

With Eli the Skins win the division and the NFC. With Romo sits to pee the Skins win the division and the NFC. With McNabb the Skins win the division and the NFC. You can pretty much repeat that for 15 QBs in the NFL.

Eli had a pick and a fumble yesterday...same as JC.

In fact, their qb rating was essentially identical.

Try to be objective.

Simple question, BLC, do you think Eli is a very good qb?

eli is a good qb. not top flight, probably not a guy id clamour for, although he does have a good nose for the endzone. i think hes got good pocket presence and good touch on his passes, and he has the ability to make things happen when a play breaks down (see the boss catch for 20+ yards yesterday).

eli isnt a guy thats gonna do the Romo sits to pee/brees/brady thing and throw 3-5 TDs and 350+ yards. but hes a guy you can count on for multiple scoring drives, and 2 TDs a game usually.

Is anyone blaming the entire loss on JC? I keep seeing supporters, rush to this defense that Campbell wasn't the only reason we lost... Obviously not, football is a team game and no single player can really lose the game for you...

-Our team as a whole didn't play very good yesterday, they were a few bright spots (Cooley, Haynesworth, ARE) but many of the offseason question marks about our offense remain... Campbell's play holds this team back though, its pretty obvious if you are watching the team

-Campbell is good at 4-7 yards passes out of the shotgun, with a spread set... News flash, so is every half descent QB in the NFL... Problem is you can't just keep doing this all the way down the field, teams will bring press coverage, and as the field gets smaller, these short slant/curl routes more difficult to complete... Thats why you have to take a chances once you get on the opponents side of the field, so you aren't faced with a difficult RZ opportunity... Campbell never takes these chances, which allows his statistics to look descent, but it never really puts his team in a position to win the game... My guess is; Campbell can't complete the more difficult routes to his flanker receivers which often go for large chunks of yardage.. These throws require accuracy and touch, which Campbell doesn't have much of. Thats my take on the situation

Why is it that this team has dedicated itself to the passing attack? Half the secondary is out and then typical redskins ball.Campbell gets most of his stats in crunch time,almost enough to make us think we might somehow have a chance.

I feel like we have some plays that no matter what the defense shows,we still run the play.Jc never even throws to kelly or thomas.Who seriously couldnt have been going against the best defenders. It really sucks to know this team isnt a contender..we play to get first downs when other teams play for touchdowns.

Archived