Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sports: Ten bold predictions: Plunging into a new season

SnyderShrugged

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12185527

Mike Shanahan becomes next head coach of the Redskins

It happens sooner or later, but it happens. Where there's smoke there's fire, and there's an awful lot of smoke these days. In fact, a source I trust told me the Redskins were prepared to hire Shanahan last spring if they swung the deal for Jay Cutler. Shanahan will return to the NFL no later than next season and, if the Redskins' offense doesn't get a pulse, it will be here. Until he took on Jim Zorn, owner Daniel Snyder was all about paying megabucks for high-profile head coaches. Mike Shanahan qualifies.

ugh, cutler and shanahan with this defense would have been unbelievable.

if zorn is going i hope we end up with shanny over cowher.

I agree although my initial preference would be to stop the revolving door of head coaches. Rebuilding every two years has set us back more than anything.

ugh, cutler and shanahan with this defense would have been unbelievable in another couple years.

Fixed that for you.

I want to see Zorn stick around, I want to see JC do well in this offense and I really, really, really, want to see all the haters eat crow.

ugh, cutler and shanahan with this defense would have been unbelievable.

I am with ya a 100%

I seen Shanny with the 49ers Super Bowl team, and he told Steve Young that he should have scored more points on the Chargers. I believe he scored 49 ponts on them lol. Thats the kind of coach I want if Zorn fails, but I think Zorn is about to get major respect this season.

Wouldn't Shanahan being here = Vinny being gone?...I always thought Shanny would want more control than he could have here with Vinny still around. For whatever reason, I just don't see Snyder firing Vinny if his draft picks are turning out well but Zorn doesn't deliver...and I don't see Shanahan playing second fiddle to Vinny Cerrato.

Fixed that for you.

I want to see Zorn stick around, I want to see JC do well in this offense and I really, really, really, want to see all the haters eat crow.

if we dont make the playoffs, zorn and campbell are gone.

as much as i wanna see a change at QB, i agree that id like to see zorn stick around. however, shanny is a great coach and id rather have him than zorn.

Also, I call bull**** on this part:

In fact, a source I trust told me the Redskins were prepared to hire Shanahan last spring if they swung the deal for Jay Cutler.

Nobody hires a coach in March or April lol...and no coach worth hiring would ACCEPT a coaching job in March or April, when his roster and assistants are largely out of his control. Sounds like pure speculation based on flawed logic than anyone "in the know" passing along information...

Wouldn't Shanahan being here = Vinny being gone?...I always thought Shanny would want more control than he could have here with Vinny still around. For whatever reason, I just don't see Snyder firing Vinny if his draft picks are turning out well but Zorn doesn't deliver...and I don't see Shanahan playing second fiddle to Vinny Cerrato.

if we do mediocre this year, i wouldnt be shocked to see danny do whatever the next big HC wants. if that means vinny goes bye bye, then so be it.

Don't think it would be likely. Apparently Vinny and Shanahan are close friends...hence the Aldridge tip.

Rebuilding implies that the team/roster needs to be overhauled. So, you believe that the whole team needs to be blown up and started from scratch?

the offensive line and QB are close.

skill players are fine at the moment, but the oline is super old and if campbell doesnt hack it, id consider that a blow up. its not an oakland raiders blow up, but its a rebuild.

Archived