Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike&Mike: Aikman's NFCE thoughts

SWFLSkins

1999. We actaully partied that year like it was 1999. We are the only team in the NFC East this decade:

1) to never win the division

2) win 11 games or more

3) host a home playoff game

4) We've only scored 40 points or more twice

:(

how many super bowls have the other teams won?

ONE

all that other stuff is crap really ... i mean its a nice, but still crap.

Not quite sure if it's more depth or durability.

Eagles have the youngest starting o-line

Giants and Redskins are about tied

Cowboys have the oldest starting o-line

I don't know if I'm just oblivious to it, but they don't seem to have the same problems that we have had recently.

Yet people somehow get offended when the media doesn't think we'll blow off the door of our three Division opponents.

Only offended when people don't give us a chance.

how many super bowls have the other teams won?

ONE

all that other stuff is crap really ... i mean its a nice, but still crap.

I agree. Yeah the rest of the division has had some better regular seasons, but the Cowboys still haven't won a playoff game this decade, we have. So why do the Cowboys get so much love?

I think if you look at the offseason moves we are the only team to improve ourselves

NY replaced plax with.............

Phi signed MV

Dallas replaced TO with................

Wash signed AH oh and that guy Orakpo

Don't be so shallow.

NY replaced Plax with Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden, two big receivers who can go up and grab the ball just like Plax did. NY also added a ton of depth to it's front 7, picking up guys like Chris Canty, Rocky Bernard, and Michael Boley. Picking up Wiliam Beatty for our already stellar OL also doesn't hurt.

Philadelphia got Jason Peters, a stud pro bowl LT from the Bills who will help shore up that offensive line. They dealt and moved up to draft Jeremy Maclin, who has the potential to be a big play WR for them. They traded for Ellis Hobbs, and got a steal in the 5th round in Victor Harris, adding more depth to their secondary.

Dallas replaced TO with nothing. You don't replace cancer, you do your best to try and rid yourself of it. Everyone seems to be forgetting the potential that Roy Williams has and what he did for a couple of years up in Detroit. He can be a big play guy if they throw the ball his way. Overall the Cowboys had a mediocre draft, so I won't comment on their selections, although most of their picks went in the way of adding depth to their defense.

Then we have the Redskins, the idiots with only 5 picks in the draft. Luckily Brian Orakpo fell into your laps, or you would really have nothing to show for this year's draft. The Redskin philosophy as of late has been to trade picks for big names, and get better thru Free Agency. Over the years the Redskins have poured out hundreds of millions on huge contracts and have nothing to show for it.

Adam Archuleta, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield, Jeff George, Jeremiah Trotter, Bruce Smith, and the list goes on and on. Until your franchise realizes that you cannot purchase success, your team will never be successful. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it's the truth. This isn't the MLB, and your team is not the Yankees. Don't expect a big name to fill in the blanks. Team chemistry and core units are built and sustained thru the draft. Until your idiot owner realizes that, all you will be fielding are a bunch of underachievers.

Take off the burgandy and gold blinders son. This is the time of the year when everyone on this board predicits how good the Redskins will be. They will have to prove it on the field. I would not be a bit surprised if we came out of the gate this year like we did last year against the Giants.

No B&G glasses here, but I do think as I stated, the Redskins could certainly compete for a division title this year. A lock, not even, I picked Philly as the strongest team with the Redskins coming in second. Giants don't have Plax and Dallas does not have TO, Redskins Defense is improved and so the offense if healthy can do enough damage to win games.

Again, not a lock, but to say they have no chance, wow.

On Mike&MikeESPNradio....

While Mike and Mike thought that Dallas has no chance to win the East they did not really mention the Redskins. But picked Philly and the Giants to fight it out.

Aikman on at 7:30am thought that and I quote, "Any of the three teams could win and the only one that will not is the Redskins"

I have always liked Troy's analysis before but I think he is off on this one. I see no reason why if Campbell plays well that the Redskins could not win the East. All the teams have question marks and it is really going to come down to injuries and winning a couple of close games to provide the boost to win the East.

Sorry but the link no worky. :gaintsuck

Hey remember that time LaVar Arrington ended his career?

HTTR

A diehard fried of mine said that he is less enthusiastic about this season than ever before. He is a diehard, and he feels no energy with this team. It is depressing.

But, I am not going to give up.

I'm just going to say when I see the Campbell comments that this season is not about him, but that it is rather about the team, I look at it as a big copout.

He says: "I don’t want to do anything that would affect our team.”

OMG, Jason, come on! You don't want to do something that affects this team?!?!

I suggest that attitude does have a negative affect on the team and fans.

Campbell, you need to wake up and take responsibility.

Jason, this season is about you

I actually like Aikman. I think he's very smart and fair. He seems to particularly like some Redskins like Portis, Sellers, Campbell, and Fletcher.

I agree and would not have started this thread if it were anyone else. I have always thought Troy, even shutting down JOE Buck at times, could put aside his Cowboy roots. To exclude the Skins was a disappointment to me, in regard to what I thought about Aikman's journalistic abilities.

Don't be so shallow.

NY replaced Plax with Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden, two big receivers who can go up and grab the ball just like Plax did. NY also added a ton of depth to it's front 7, picking up guys like Chris Canty, Rocky Bernard, and Michael Boley. Picking up Wiliam Beatty for our already stellar OL also doesn't hurt.

Philadelphia got Jason Peters, a stud pro bowl LT from the Bills who will help shore up that offensive line. They dealt and moved up to draft Jeremy Maclin, who has the potential to be a big play WR for them. They traded for Ellis Hobbs, and got a steal in the 5th round in Victor Harris, adding more depth to their secondary.

Dallas replaced TO with nothing. You don't replace cancer, you do your best to try and rid yourself of it. Everyone seems to be forgetting the potential that Roy Williams has and what he did for a couple of years up in Detroit. He can be a big play guy if they throw the ball his way. Overall the Cowboys had a mediocre draft, so I won't comment on their selections, although most of their picks went in the way of adding depth to their defense.

Then we have the Redskins, the idiots with only 5 picks in the draft. Luckily Brian Orakpo fell into your laps, or you would really have nothing to show for this year's draft. The Redskin philosophy as of late has been to trade picks for big names, and get better thru Free Agency. Over the years the Redskins have poured out hundreds of millions on huge contracts and have nothing to show for it.

Adam Archuleta, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield, Jeff George, Jeremiah Trotter, Bruce Smith, and the list goes on and on. Until your franchise realizes that you cannot purchase success, your team will never be successful. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it's the truth. This isn't the MLB, and your team is not the Yankees. Don't expect a big name to fill in the blanks. Team chemistry and core units are built and sustained thru the draft. Until your idiot owner realizes that, all you will be fielding are a bunch of underachievers.

HAHAHA Roy Williams is slow and not very good in case you were wondering, he is what we call a bust. And the Cowboys got bent on that deal cuz they gave up a draft pick for him, which was definitly too much. He cannot replace Owen's production plain and simple. At least when Romo sits to pee forced a pass T.O. had enough athleticism to make a play, now he is forcing it into a slower guy? The cowboys are overrated, highly.:D

A diehard fried of mine said that he is less enthusiastic about this season than ever before. He is a diehard, and he feels no energy with this team. It is depressing.

But, I am not going to give up.

I'm just going to say when I see the Campbell comments that this season is not about him, but that it is rather about the team, I look at it as a big copout.

He says: "I don’t want to do anything that would affect our team.”

OMG, Jason, come on! You don't want to do something that affects this team?!?!

I suggest that attitude does have a negative affect on the team and fans.

Campbell, you need to wake up and take responsibility.

Jason, this season is about you

This is a TEAM game in case you didnt know, while Campbell's play is a Big Factor it is not the ONLY factor.:doh:

HEy bigblue,, how ya gonna overcome this?

Giants shuffle corners, bump Thomas to start for ailing Dockery

Sep. 10, 2009

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Second-year cornerback Terrell Thomas will start for the New York Giants on Sunday against the Washington Redskins because of a hamstring injury to Kevin Dockery.

Dockery, who was filling in for Aaron Ross (hamstring), missed his second straight practice Thursday.

HAHAHA Roy Williams is slow and not very good in case you were wondering, he is what we call a bust. And the Cowboys got bent on that deal cuz they gave up a draft pick for him, which was definitly too much. He cannot replace Owen's production plain and simple. At least when Romo sits to pee forced a pass T.O. had enough athleticism to make a play, now he is forcing it into a slower guy? The cowboys are overrated, highly.:D

Wow, you sure know much about absolutely nothing. Roy Williams slow and non athletic? The guy runs a 4.36 with a 40 inch vertical, and is one of the most athletic receivers in the game. All you need to do is watch some film of him in Detroit. You don't catch for 1300 yards and make a pro bowl while playing for the lions and be considered a bust.

I'm not an fan of the Cowboys, but if they are overrated, what the hell does that make the Skins? It's one thing to be a homer, it's another to be completely delusional.

HEy bigblue,, how ya gonna overcome this?

Giants shuffle corners, bump Thomas to start for ailing Dockery

Sep. 10, 2009

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Second-year cornerback Terrell Thomas will start for the New York Giants on Sunday against the Washington Redskins because of a hamstring injury to Kevin Dockery.

Dockery, who was filling in for Aaron Ross (hamstring), missed his second straight practice Thursday.

That's actually a blessing in disguise. There have been talks during training camp that Terrell Thomas would eventually bump Aaron Ross down the depth chart. The consensus now is that Aaron Ross will not be getting his job back when he's healthy. It's also a huge bonus that his first start will be against a team that has absolutely no passing attack with a QB that will be spending most of his time scrambling and on his back.

Wow, you sure know much about absolutely nothing. Roy Williams slow and non athletic? The guy runs a 4.36 with a 40 inch vertical, and is one of the most athletic receivers in the game. All you need to do is watch some film of him in Detroit. You don't catch for 1300 yards and make a pro bowl while playing for the lions and be considered a bust.

I'm not an fan of the Cowboys, but if they are overrated, what the hell does that make the Skins? It's one thing to be a homer, it's another to be completely delusional.

Roy Williams is a number two thrown into a number one role. That big year from Roy was in 2006.

That's actually a blessing in disguise. There have been talks during training camp that Terrell Thomas would eventually bump Aaron Ross down the depth chart. The consensus now is that Aaron Ross will not be getting his job back when he's healthy. It's also a huge bonus that his first start will be against a team that has absolutely no passing attack with a QB that will be spending most of his time scrambling and on his back.

Spin away Blue, but Eli ain't spinning away from Orapko. You my friend are in for a surprise if you think the Skins have not improved. Watch out for Malcom Kelly and Marko Mitchell, your inexperienced third and fourth corners won't be able to cover them. ;)

Spin away Blue, but Eli ain't spinning away from Orapko. You my friend are in for a surprise if you think the Skins have not improved. Watch out for Malcom Kelly and Marko Mitchell, your inexperienced third and fourth corners won't be able to cover them. ;)

You mean this guy?

Malcolm Kelly’s Attitude Is Worse Than His 40 Time

When N.F.L. coaches and scouts descend on college campuses to watch prospects in “pro day” workouts, they measure how tall and how heavy and how fast and how strong they are. But they also want to get a feel for how well the players interact with coaches. So for Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, who worked out at his school’s pro day on Wednesday, his sub-par 40-yard dash time won’t hurt him nearly as much as the way he handled himself.

Kelly’s 40 time really was sub-par: NFL.com reports that he clocked in at 4.75 seconds and 4.68 seconds. Those are very slow times for a wide receiver.

And Marko Mitchell, the 7th rounder who can barely keep up with Malcolm Kelly?

What exactly are we suppose to watch out for? Our defensive linemen are faster then these turds....lol.

Hakeem Nicks is 6'1". That's not big. Plaxico at 6'5" is big.

Until Buress' production is replaced on the field you haven't replaced a darn thing.

They sure did. And they're still the same Eagles they always were except they lost Jim Johnson to cancer.

Lets see how that stud LT helps them out if Westbrook or McNabb get hurt.

Dallas replaced TO with nothing. You don't replace cancer, you do your best to try and rid yourself of it. Everyone seems to be forgetting the potential that Roy Williams has and what he did for a couple of years up in Detroit. He can be a big play guy if they throw the ball his way.
Bull.

I watched Roy Williams play for them last year and he had ZERO impact. I don't want to hear any nonsense about passes thrown his way. He started every game. Patrick Crayton made more impact opposite of TO then he did.

:hysterical::hysterical:

You read a bio about Dan Snyder written in 2000? Deion? Bruce Smith? That was almost a decade ago.

This thread should be on some other forum, as the conversation has nothing to do with the Redskins for the most part.

This is an example of what has happened at Fedex Field.

I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years. There are way too many fans of the opposing team there. No wonder why people are dropping out. Why is that acceptable?

I know from responses to some of my other comments that some people believe it is a free market and people from all walks of life can attend.

But, I envision the Redskins as a dynasty. A DYNASTY.

We almost became one some decades ago, but we let it slip. Most of you, I think, don't even know what I am talking about.

I don't know the answer. Maybe the Redskins of the future will be some watered down enterprise which has a weak fan base. Maybe the team will be highly paid but average. It seems that way today.

I am going to encourage jason Campbell to make a huge difference for the Skins this year. He seems uninterested in that, but I hope he finally gets it. I will push for it...I will fight for it.

I'm sick of it, so I am going to make a declaration.

The Redskins are going to win the Super Bowl! Doubters, I encourage you to drink more beer. You'll feel better in the morning.

Hakeem Nicks is 6'1". That's not big. Plaxico at 6'5" is big.

Until Buress' production is replaced on the field you haven't replaced a darn thing.

Hakeem Nicks is Anquan Boldin big, which is enough to overpower post DB's in the league. You are also forgetting about Ramses Barden, who is sititng at 6'6. You also must have Plax confused with an elite receiver. His numbers were not that spectacular. You should do some homework in that department.

They sure did. And they're still the same Eagles they always were except they lost Jim Johnson to cancer.

Lets see how that stud LT helps them out if Westbrook or McNabb get hurt.

LeSean McCoy is practically a Brian Westbrook clone. Virtually the same size, speed, and athleticism. Again, being a Redskins fan, your fixation with "big names" is apparent. You should take more interest in opposing team's pickups in the draft, especially division rivals. I also heard that Michael Vick use to be a pretty decent QB.

Bull.

I watched Roy Williams play for them last year and he had ZERO impact. I don't want to hear any nonsense about passes thrown his way. He started every game. Patrick Crayton made more impact opposite of TO then he did.

Hey pal, incase you didn't realize, you can't catch the ball if it's not thrown your way. Expect a huge season out of him, the guy simply cannot be defended.

:hysterical::hysterical:

You read a bio about Dan Snyder written in 2000? Deion? Bruce Smith? That was almost a decade ago.

Being a Giants fan for the better part of 20 some odd years has given me the pleasure to watch your front office blunders year after year. You can snicker all you want about it, but that fact is that your team chooses to build it';s roster thru free agency and not the draft, and that's the wrong way to do it. History has proven that much.

Surprised, NO. I am alittle disappointed in Aikman who I thought is the best anaylist on TV. Dallas was 9-7 last year, the Skins were 8-8. How is it that the Skins are not even mentioned as possible contenders?

BTW I am glad the Redskins are being overlooked. And you might want to edit your post, Century?

I guess since the Cowboys have a better offence then our skins. I guess thats why alot of anaylist dont believe in our team is because we never put up eye poping numbers. I do believe that we will improve in that department and win the NFCE :cool:!!

Archived