Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike&Mike: Aikman's NFCE thoughts

SWFLSkins

On Mike&MikeESPNradio....

While Mike and Mike thought that Dallas has no chance to win the East they did not really mention the Redskins. But picked Philly and the Giants to fight it out.

Aikman on at 7:30am thought that and I quote, "Any of the three teams could win and the only one that will not is the Redskins"

I have always liked Troy's analysis before but I think he is off on this one. I see no reason why if Campbell plays well that the Redskins could not win the East. All the teams have question marks and it is really going to come down to injuries and winning a couple of close games to provide the boost to win the East.

Sorry but the link no worky. :gaintsuck

Are you surprised? Its the same thing everyone has said all offseason. If you listen to the NFL radio station you'd think it was a three team division and justifiably so. We're the only team in the East who hasn't won the division title this century. Until we prove otherwise, the pundits will continue to see us as the NFC East doormat. It's a seemingly safe bet. Doesn't mean we won't impress or do better than advertised but until this team starts winning consistently and not just every other or every few years this is the analysis we can expect to get.

Are you surprised? Its the same thing everyone has said all offseason. If you listen to the NFL radio station you'd think it was a three team division and justifiably so. We're the only team in the East who hasn't won the division title this century. Until we prove otherwise, the pundits will continue to see us as the NFC East doormat. It's a seemingly safe bet. Doesn't mean we won't impress or do better than advertised but until this team starts winning consistently and not just every other or every few years this is the analysis we can expect to get.

Surprised, NO. I am alittle disappointed in Aikman who I thought is the best anaylist on TV. Dallas was 9-7 last year, the Skins were 8-8. How is it that the Skins are not even mentioned as possible contenders?

BTW I am glad the Redskins are being overlooked. And you might want to edit your post, Century?

I'm not saying we're going to win the division, but there is no way you can totally discount us. What did they see that says we have no chance in the division? We split with the Cowboys and swept the Eagles. Yeah we lost to the Giants twice, but that doesn't mean we can't win the division. The other 3 teams lost some key players and we didn't really lose anyone of note. I think the division is wide open.

Did not get a chance to hear Aikman's reasoning, but it doesn't surprise me. If JC can play like he did the first half of last season, and the OL can stay healthy, the Skins can make Aikman eat his words, but if they can't, it will be a heartbreaking season, watching a devastating defense being let down by an incompetent offense.

If our offense can strike quickly and repeatedly, if the young receivers (M. Kelly, D. Thomas, F. Davis, M. Mitchell) can contribute, altogether, by catching at least 12 catches a game...I think our offense would ultimately compliment our defense, and 2009 will be an awesome season!

Hail

It's no secret people have the Eagles and Giants ranked pretty high on their preseason power rankings. The Skins need to show something on the field before they're given the respect. Big offseason signings are a common occurrence with this franchise and more often than not do not translate into wins on the field.

When was our last division title anyway? 1999?

Aiken is about as good and unbiased as analysts come and I think he has every right to feel that way.

It is so funny to me that people keep saying, "Dallas was 9-7 and we were 8-8, so why doesn't everyone think we are better??"

Well, it is because we were LUCKY to start the season off 6-2. We weren't dominant in any game and many of our victories came from the fact that the other team just played terrible. Now true, our team is better this year, but it doesn't matter how talented our players are if the scheme is a joke.

Our offense is full of good players, but the scheme is terrible. It is so predictable and stagnant. Last year was painful to watch, even in the games we were winning.

Homer fans choose to not remember the terrible game as long as we win. But those problems don't go away unless you work to fix them. So here is to hoping our offensive gameplan is more dynamic because if it is, we will prove them all wrong.

Without a QB that can make big plays, throw for TDs, and carry the team ... the Skins are likely to end up in the cellar in the NFCEast once again. The Defense has some name players ... but is not good enough yet to compensate for an offense that can't score more than 16 points/gm. Aikman is very right.

Without a QB that can make big plays, throw for TDs, and carry the team ... the Skins are likely to end up in the cellar in the NFCEast once again. The Defense has some name players ... but is not good enough yet to compensate for an offense that can't score more than 16 points/gm. Aikman is very right.

So your on record saying the Redskins have no chance of competing for the division?

Right now day one?

What I don't get is why you guys get offended when you are not mentioned among the best of the NFC East. You guys have won the division...what, like twice since 1988? With the exception of 1 ring, you guys have been hovering near the bottom of the division for the past 20 some odd years. You guys are a mediocre franchise at best, and until you prove otherwise, that's the way you will be labeled.

Archived