Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First post....

bigdoublebass

I have been reading these forums I even remember one night when i was in high school i set my clock for 4 am just because I was eagerly awaiting the signing of Adam Archuletta (what a dumb thing to miss sleep over). Well I just wanted to say I have been following these forums for so long it feels great to finally be a member and post. Thanks for this opportunity to join a Redskins community and HTTR!!!!

Welcome to the boards, bdb!! I also read here for probably 2 years before I actually joined, and found it to be a great way to jump right into discussions, immediately feeling familiar with the board's etiquette, more active and/or knowledgeable posters (those two aren't always the same), and even humor.

Being from CT, the opportunity to come on here and interact with someone who has knowledge about football, loves the redskins, and doesn't root for the Pats, Giants, Jets, Cowturds, or Eagles really spoke to me, and I love it. I hope you do to!

Enjoy it here, and may your posts bring something new and insightful to this board! :cheers:

:point2sky

Welcome aboard. Like you, I also read these messageboards for years, although I could never actually register for an account because I only had yahoo and gmail(family stopped using phone company email address). Luckily that all changed with my family moving. LOL I remember my first thread was around the past draft and I said the Redskins would be taking Brian Orakpo, and I got a lot of people doubting my pick. LOL Funny how things turn out:D

Again, Welcome aboard.

PS,

I cope with a redskins loss with Steak and Beer :silly:

Being from CT, the opportunity to come on here and interact with someone who has knowledge about football, loves the redskins, and doesn't root for the Pats, Giants, Jets, Cowturds, or Eagles really spoke to me, and I love it. I hope you do to!

Enjoy it here, and may your posts bring something new and insightful to this board! :cheers:

:point2sky

Ha, I know what you mean. I grew up in VT and it was nothing but Giants, Jets, and Pats fans for the most part. lol, and my Dad is a Giants fan and my brother is a Cowboys fan :doh:. I had a friend in HS that was an Eagle fan actually, and I remember the morning after the Redskins beat the Cowboys on MNF in 05 14-13, as I passed him in the hall he stopped and shook my hand was like "congratulations" :laugh:

Ha, I know what you mean. I grew up in VT and it was nothing but Giants, Jets, and Pats fans for the most part. lol, and my Dad is a Giants fan and my brother is a Cowboys fan :doh:. I had a friend in HS that was an Eagle fan actually, and I remember the morning after the Redskins beat the Cowboys on MNF in 05 14-13, as I passed him in the hall he stopped and shook my hand was like "congratulations" :laugh:

Isn't it terrible? Its like we must have done something unspeakable in our past lives haha. But the victories are all the sweeter. I'm going to be dead honest and say that I wouldn't have it any other way: when the pats win, everyone around here is a pats fan, its not really that special to them. When the Skins win, its me and my dad, and thats it. There's something special about it, although I'd also love to be in maryland for a victory. You're lucky to have such classy NFCe fan friends haha, and I know where you're coming from: one of my best buddies is a Giants fan, and he's the only classy one I know.

Archived