Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton...ESPN sleeper team

GO GO SKINS

Oh happy days are here again! Some one in the media picked us to do well! I'm sure this will send droves of ESers into a circle jerk frenzy.

Seriously though, ES's collective is really schizo when it comes to the media. On the one hand any media member who says something negative about the Redskins is dismissed as just a hater and "who cares what the media thinks anyway." The minute some talking head heaps praise on the team, we pull out the KY and jerk rag.

Normally true, but this is John Clayton we're talking about. He has earned enough respect with many of us that we'd take him just as seriously if he was ripping the team. It has been nice flying under the radar, though. JT the Brick and Looney were trashing us indirectly on their radio show last night by saying what a cakewalk Philly could have and mentioning the Skins as a team they would be able to just tip-toe over. Guess they didn't notice that we swept the Beagles last year. That is what makes Clayton different - he doesn't get caught up in the craziness that happened at the end of last year to the point that he is blinded by it. Example 1: People being overly high on Philly and Arizona because they faced each other in the Championship game. Example 2: Picking Washington dead last because that's where we finished last year. It's a whole new season and Clayton realizes that; I believe he also is more objective on his team and player evaluations - I base that on his body of work, not just as pertains to the Redskins.

i like flying under the radar... always have.

That is how I like us to be also.

This is the same Clayton that said we stole the Super Bowl. Um, yeah.

I don't get worked up over the mediots comments anymore. A lot of them are haters and that is all they will ever be.

Like what Califan007 said the mediots get it right (Or wrong) 50% on the time when it comes to our Redskins.

That is like flipping a coin.

These mediots are no more of an "Expert" then anyone of us are.

Extremeskins formula:

Journalist/talking head/guy with a keyboard and blogger account + picking Redskins to lose = Mediot

Journalist/talking head/guy with a keyboard and blogger account + picking Redskins to win = Genius

Love it.

Clayton is smart by calling us a sleeper. Really that's the same thing I'm doing and I'm surprised that I haven't heard us called a sleeper by more people. But in truth we didn't light up the preseason and we're in the same state as the last few years, none of which have added up to much.

Archived