Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiger Woods throws his club at the Barclays

cjcdaman

I don't know if this story just came out or what.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Temper-temper-Tiger-slings-his-club-into-the-b?urn=golf,187507

The video was FOR SOME REASON REMOVED BY THE USER. LOL Shocker!!!!

I found it on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYTKP_xwtI

Opinions???

And Mods, I wasn't sure how to go about posting this thread because it is a blog that the original link is from. Please let me know and I'll fix it if need be.

I love how he just walks off and lets everyone else search for his club :hysterical:

Yeah, classy move.

When your name is Tiger Woods......you can do that.

That's the problem. What will the PGA do about it? Most likely nothing unless a public outrage occurs, which it won't. I've been playing golf for about 20 years way before Tiger came along. Over the last few years, I have seen absolutely ridiculous behavior by kids on the golf course. Is this attributed to Tiger's behavior? I say yes.

Yeah, classy move.

That's the problem. What will the PGA do about it? Most likely nothing unless a public outrage occurs, which it won't. I've been playing golf for about 20 years way before Tiger came along. Over the last few years, I have seen absolutely ridiculous behavior by kids on the golf course. Is this attributed to Tiger's behavior? I say yes.

I'd say it has more to do with Happy Gilmore.

Whopp di doo! he threw a club!!!!!!!!!!

Who honest to god gives a flying ****?????????

NOBODY!

I GIVE TWO ****S IF TIGER WOODS THROWS HIS ****ING GOLF CLUB AFTER A BAD SHOT..............WHY SHOULD ANYONE GIVE A ****ING ****?

Golf is a gentlemens game...that's poor sportsmanship...especially the way he walked off and let everyone else search for his club. He's a role model for kids, and like cj said earlier, they take cues from him.

NOBODY!

I GIVE TWO ****S IF TIGER WOODS THROWS HIS ****ING GOLF CLUB AFTER A BAD SHOT..............WHY SHOULD ANYONE GIVE A ****ING ****?

If you are not into golf and don't play regularly, fine. You don't know what it means. If you are and you still feel this way, then I am speechless.

NOBODY!

He threw a freaking club and then walked off like he expect people to nurse him and everything will be alright. He is embarrassing his caddie, his daughter, his wife, and his family because he still hasn't grown up like a mature man.

Only babies get into tempers like that.

When I was a teen playing in a golf tourney, I would see 15-17 years old act like Tiger Woods and bang their drivers on the tee box. It was embarrassing to say the least and also puts me in an awkward mood with them.

When I was a teen playing in a golf tourney, I would see 15-17 years old act like Tiger Woods and bang their drivers on the tee box.

It's because they see Tiger do it and assume it's okay. I mean, seriously! I have only seen this behavior in the last few years. If he gets away with throwing clubs, that's gonna be next.

Michael Jordan had/has a temper. Kobe Bryant has a temper, Lebron James has a temper. Venus and Serena has tempers. Andre Agassi had a temper. Peyton Manning has a temper. LT has a temper. A lot of baseball players has temper. EVERY COMPETITOR THROWS A TEMPER TANTRUM ... from time to time. :silly:

I'm sure all of you who take extreme amounts of pride in what you do, throw fits when you can't get something right, especially when it's something so routine for you. How many of you flipped your **** when Jason missed that deep throw to Santana? How many of you flipped your **** when El dropped that perfectly thrown td bomb to him?

Was it right? No. Was it in good taste? No. Will he look back on it and be a bit embarrassed? Probably. Is he the only person to do such a thing? No. Will he be the last person to do it? Not by a long shot.

Lighten up ladies, this is just further proof that these outbursts happen to even the best of the best.

Michael Jordan had/has a temper. Kobe Bryant has a temper, Lebron James has a temper. Venus and Serena has tempers. Andre Agassi had a temper. Peyton Manning has a temper. LT has a temper. A lot of baseball players has temper. EVERY COMPETITOR THROWS A TEMPER TANTRUM ... from time to time. :silly:

I'm sure all of you who take extreme amounts of pride in what you do, throw fits when you can't get something right, especially when it's something so routine for you. How many of you flipped your **** when Jason missed that deep throw to Santana? How many of you flipped your **** when El dropped that perfectly thrown td bomb to him?

Was it right? No. Was it in good taste? No. Will he look back on it and be a bit embarrassed? Probably. Is he the only person to do such a thing? No. Will he be the last person to do it? Not by a long shot.

Lighten up ladies, this is just further proof that these outbursts happen to even the best of the best.

I'm sorry, but all of those people you mentioned above have nowhere the near the level of anger that Tiger Woods has when playing on the golf course. Just not EVEN close!

Michael may have had a temper, but he never acted un-sportsman-like. Michael was a true professional, and instead of doing some ****, he'd just break your ankles or shoot a fade away in your eye. He's my hero, plz don't assume. It makes an ass out of you.

But this is golf....golf is a different sport than football, basketball, etc. Like baseball has its own set of 'unspoken rules', golf is known for its etiquette.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Golf-is-called-a-Gentlemans-Game-for-Good-Reason&id=229176

Golf has long been known as a gentleman’s sport. This sport even has its very own rules of etiquette. Despite the common assumption that these rules of golf etiquette are all about maintaining the gentlemanly state of the game for the most part, they each have practical purposes. The general reasons behind the rules of golf etiquette are 1) to insure the safety of golfers on the course 2) To keep the flow of the game going or 3) to assist in the maintenance of the golf course.

Let’s break these down for a few specific rules of golf etiquette:

1) Safety of Other Golfers:

a. Don’t swing your club until the area around you has been cleared of people. You do not want to risk hitting a fellow golfer.

b. Do not hit your ball until the group playing in front of you is completely outside your range.

c. If you find that your ball is heading in the direction of another player or group of players, be sure to yell “Fore!” to signal that they should be watchful of your incoming golf ball.

d. Never throw your golf clubs. Besides being unseemly, you could injure others in the process.

Maybe that PGA really has ****ed with his mind. LOL

Seriously, I'll give you the same explanation I gave another poster. If you have been involved in golf for years and years and you still feel this way about this incident...I am speechless.

Tiger is the reason tremendous golf viewership exists. It's a shame, IMO but it's true. Kids look up to him. Golf is a gentleman's sport. I know people who don't know golf etiquette will have no clue...but you just don't slam your clubs, yell curse words, and now throw your clubs. You just don't do it.

I think when his father(God bless his soul) raised Tiger, he raised him as a terrific person and golfer...but never got around to teaching him how to react to bad shots. And he was around long enough to see Tiger behave like he does on national television.

And don't give me that **** that he is a competitive person. Like nobody else out there is competitive.

I'm sorry, but all of those people you mentioned above have nowhere the near the level of anger that Tiger Woods has when playing on the golf course. Just not EVEN close!

Playing against yourself is far more frustrating than playing against other people if you're the extremely competitive type. You also can't really channel your anger into playing harder in a game of finesse.

Archived