Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colts sign Cody Glenn to PS

mi6

Well, I don't think he and Henson were that different, so it's pretty much a wash. I'm happy for him though. Funny that people (media) criticized the Skins for picking the guy in the 5th and then he's now signed to the Colts active roster.

Hmmmm, so does that mean it wasn't that bad of a pick?

We will see how he does. Of this year's draft picks that one IMO and some of the draft geeks was the most puzziling. He seemed to be projected by most as an undrafted FA, and we took him in the 5th round. I recall even Glenn saying that he was surpised he was drafted, period.

An undersized converted LB, with injury issues and potential character ones too -- considering his suspension at the end of the year.

I read he was decent at times in training camp though, so you never know. Otherwise though seems at the moment Vinny had a pretty solid draft.

Well, I don't think he and Henson were that different, so it's pretty much a wash. I'm happy for him though. Funny that people (media) criticized the Skins for picking the guy in the 5th and then he's now signed to the Colts active roster.

Hmmmm, so does that mean it wasn't that bad of a pick?

The criticism I recall wasn't the pick but where he was picked in the draft, the draft geeks I recall saw him as an undrafted FA, I recall an article that came out when he was drafted where Glenn himself said he was surprised to be drafted.

He is a project with limited upside. Henson and Wilson are better suited for the LB position, one with LB experience, the other with NFL experience and a quality skin. Besides, wasn't Glenn the one who got drafted and said he grew up hating the skins because he was a Cowgirl fan... why would we want someone with bad blood?

Glenn and Dixon did not clear waviers. They were signed to teams active rosters. not under their control. It speaks to our defensive depth that other teams are taking our cast-offs.

Chase Daniel is another story. I would feel largely betrayed if I were Zorn. He was signed to the saints practice square which means he opted out of the Skins by choice.

Glenn and Dixon did not clear waviers. They were signed to teams active rosters. not under their control. It speaks to our defensive depth that other teams are taking our cast-offs.

Chase Daniel is another story. I would feel largely betrayed if I were Zorn. He was signed to the saints practice square which means he opted out of the Skins by choice.

Why would he feel betrayed?

He is a project with limited upside. Henson and Wilson are better suited for the LB position, one with LB experience, the other with NFL experience and a quality skin. Besides, wasn't Glenn the one who got drafted and said he grew up hating the skins because he was a Cowgirl fan... why would we want someone with bad blood?

Because he'd be really dumb to let that get in the way of his career success.

The criticism I recall wasn't the pick but where he was picked in the draft, the draft geeks I recall saw him as an undrafted FA, I recall an article that came out when he was drafted where Glenn himself said he was surprised to be drafted.

I just thought I remembered people criticizing the Skins because they picked him period. Converted HB to LB for one year, got suspended for unknown reason.

I might be wrong about the exact criticism, I'm just saying it looks like it wasn't such a bad pick if the Colts took him on as part of their 53, that's all. I mean, the guys that make anyones squad, to me, prove right there they should have been drafted.

I just thought I remembered people criticizing the Skins because they picked him period. Converted HB to LB for one year, got suspended for unknown reason.

I might be wrong about the exact criticism, I'm just saying it looks like it wasn't such a bad pick if the Colts took him on as part of their 53, that's all. I mean, the guys that make anyones squad, to me, prove right there they should have been drafted.

It's pretty rare to be criticized for picking an undrafted FA, what is there to lose? This guy seemed to come out of nowhere to be picked in the 5th round, Mosley sort of implied that again when mentioning the Skins cutting him.

Doesn't mean that the draft geeks were right -- it was simply he wasn't on their radar screen it seemed and the kicker was the rest of it -- injury, suspension, etc. And if I recall there were still some O line prospects on the board at that spot like Meredith that a lot of the draft geeks liked.

Yeah he could turn out good, but IMO its jumping the gun to say this guy is validated as a good player becuase even though the Skins cut him, the Colts liked him. Granted making the team is a nice start but lets see if he plays and if so plays well. Personally I got no clue.

And to think..we had a Pro Bowl caliber OLB right there..our FO IS SO STUPID!! :doh: :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I mean ... not really.

Why is it whenever we cut someone, we will regret it? I guess you think Chase Daniel was a mistake too. Cody did not play too smart and could not handle the physicality of the position. I respect Coach Bache's opinion over your displeasure for releasing a potential pro-bowler, funny, that was shear humor at its best.

Or were you playing the devil's advocate with your post?

Even at his physical challenge height he saw the hand writing on the wall.

Archived