Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any dermatologists in the house?

MissU28

I woke up this morning and while brushing my teeth, noticed a weird, small, reddish "stain" on my face about 3 inches from my right ear. I did not have this yesterday, and I look at my face closely daily because I put on makeup daily.

It's not one big red spot, but 4 little red spots- kind of arranged in a square. They do not hurt to the touch, they are not raised at all, and it looks like someone gave me a hickey or someone bit me. So not really "red", but more like a dull purple.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I wouldn't say it scares me, but it's kinda weird. At FIRST, before I took a shower this morning, I thought that maybe I had drank or eaten something red and gotten it on my face...but I know that I didn't. And it lasted after I got out of the shower. I thought I had a broken blood vessel or something, but googling pics of broken blood vessels did not come up with pics that looked like what I have.

I do have sensitive skin, and I do put on a Retin-A every night and another topical daily for breakouts, but I have been using those for over a year, so I don't think it has to do with that. And actually, I forgot to put on my Retin-A before bed last night. The spots don't seem to be caused by drying, either, which is mostly what Retin-A does to my face. And no, they are not acne scars. I haven't had pimples in that area.

Anyway, any ideas? It's not some huge mark that I'm afraid to walk outside- it's pretty small and easily coverable by makeup. I'm just baffled.

wouldn't it itch or be raised if it was a bite?
like seriously, it looks like I had kool-aid on my fingers and touched my face really lightly 4 times. Doesn't feel like anything, no raised edges, nothing.

Depends on the insect.

Not all insect bites will become swollen or itchy.

Some will just leave a flat rash.

Depends on the insect.

Not all insect bites will become swollen or itchy.

Some will just leave a flat rash.

dude i hope it's not a spider rash...that would mean i have spiders in my apartment. UGHHGHH

but wouldn't I feel something if it were from an insect? a dull ache even?

I'm not a dermatologist, but i am a doc who sees a lot of weird stuff. I don't know what that is, but it doesn't look like anything worrisome at all to me. Doesn't look like a bite. Agree that broken blood vessel is a likely explanation.

I remember my wife waking up one day with a perfect imprint of her wedding ring on her cheek. It did look kind of like that...

"It's a Tooma.... Get to the Choppa!!!!!!"

I say it's something you slept on... a zipper of a pillow... button on your frilly comforter.... the hard plastic eye of your Cookie Monster stuffed toy. It pressed against your face.... broke the tiny blood vessels under your skin and allowed blood to pool under the skin.

Just my opinion.... but that shouldn't keep you from pressing the little "X" at the top right of your browser, shutting down your computer, calling 911, and laying down until the paramedics arrive. If going to the Dr. doesn't work for you... stop by Lowes tomorrow, pick up some plywood..... build a box large enough for you to fit in... then climb inside and wait.

Broken blood vessels imo

You wouldn't happen to sleep with a ring on?

I'm not a dermatologist, but i am a doc who sees a lot of weird stuff. I don't know what that is, but it doesn't look like anything worrisome at all to me. Doesn't look like a bite. Agree that broken blood vessel is a likely explanation.

I remember my wife waking up one day with a perfect imprint of her wedding ring on her cheek. It did look kind of like that...

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like you slept on your hand or something.

hmm...I do wear rings but I think I took them off last night. But I definitely could have slept on something hard....maybe my stuffed animal's eye or something?:D Ok, bursted blood vessel was my initial reaction. I'll take it as such.

Your nails look great.

Were they done recently?

Hahaha....I'm so cheap now, the nails you see....are GLUE ONs. Yes, that's right. Usually I go all out and get $50 pink and white acrylics, but I just haven't wanted to spend the time or money lately. So Revlon makes these great glue-on nails for 8 bucks a box, and I've been wearing them for the past couple months. Saves me a ton of $$, and I've been getting tons of compliments. Everyone's shocked to find out they're glue-ons. But thank you :)

"It's a Tooma.... Get to the Choppa!!!!!!"

the hard plastic eye of your Cookie Monster stuffed toy. .

"It's not a tooma!!!"

and it's a stuffed LAMB...named Lambie. And a stuffed rabbit....named Darren (got it in 7th grade when I was in love with a guy named Darren).

Maybe they are the culprits......grrrr

Archived