Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Practice Squad Already Shaping Up

JeepRyder

So far from twitter and redskins.com, looks like Chase Daniel and Trent Shelton are locks right now for the practice squad. One thing I saw was Dorsey cant sign with us as a practice player because of his CFL agreement.

Chase (http://blog.redskins.com/2009/09/05/...day/#continued) had this to say about the practice squad:

"It's been a weird day. Honestly I'm excited just that some kind of decision was reached, and that I'm still going to be getting paid to play football. This is just another step, and I'm going to be working even harder as a member of the practice squad, working to get stronger, to get faster, to learn the offense even better -- although I think I've done a pretty decent job of that so far this preseason. I'm planning to be here at the park tomorrow morning to sign the contract. Then I guess I should get out of that hotel and start looking for a place to live."

Trent Shelton via his twitter account: "signing back tomorrow so still in dc"

I'd guess right now something on the lines of:

Chase Daniel

Trent Shelton

Anthony Alridge (if he can.. not sure if he's been on active roster enough that he can't)

Keith Eloi

Cody Glenn

Darrel Young

Antonio Dixon

Then maybe FB backup like Eddie Williams

Unfortunately, Dorsey can't b/c of CFL contract IIRC, Rob Jackson can't cause he was on last year (disappointing.. but we did get Jarmon to replace him which I would take 10/10), vets like Bridges, Hackett, etc. can't either. No one else besides maybe like Agnone impressed at all I don't think.

I figured they would keep Chase on the PS. Wouldn't make sense not to.
I've been saying this all along. I don't know why some posters are so worried that he'd be immediately picked off the PS. He's a rookie and there is plenty of capable veteran QB talent out there that would be taken first. He played well, but didn't show he'd somehow be the next Tom Brady.

I'd guess right now something on the lines of:

Chase Daniel

Trent Shelton

Anthony Alridge (if he can.. not sure if he's been on active roster enough that he can't)

Keith Eloi

Cody Glenn

Darrel Young

Antonio Dixon

Then maybe FB backup like Eddie Williams

Unfortunately, Dorsey can't b/c of CFL contract IIRC, Rob Jackson can't cause he was on last year (disappointing.. but we did get Jarmon to replace him which I would take 10/10), vets like Bridges, Hackett, etc. can't either. No one else besides maybe like Agnone impressed at all I don't think.

Alridge is eligible as is Jackson. You have to be on the PS for 2 years to use up your eligibility. I like your thinking though. Instead of Eloi I would add Reuben Riley and Lendy Holmes. I'd like to see our PS be:

Daniel

Shelton

Eddie Williams

Riley

Dixon

Glenn

Young

Holmes

One thing I saw was Dorsey cant sign with us as a practice player because of his CFL agreement.

Damn,damn,damn:mad: I thought Dorsey should've made the team.

I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Yes' date=' he is eligible. He was on IR last year and has only used one year of eligibilty.[/quote']

This is good news about Alridge. We just have to hope we clears waivers.

Good, Alridge would be a great addition to PS I think.

I'd like to see...

Chase Daniel

Trent Shelton

Anthony Alridge

Eddie Williams

Antonio Dixon

Darrell Young

Cody Glenn

Lendy Holmes

Alex Buzbee isnt eligible anymore right? It'd be nice to have a DE there...

Alridge is eligible as is Jackson. You have to be on the PS for 2 years to use up your eligibility. I like your thinking though. Instead of Eloi I would add Reuben Riley and Lendy Holmes. I'd like to see our PS be:

Daniel

Shelton

Eddie Williams

Riley

Dixon

Glenn

Young

Holmes

yeah, that looks pretty good.

I would like to see Alridge for one of the two you replaced... but that's a bit more even keeled especially if they're keeping 4 RB on the active roster.

Id like Eloi on the PS but from the sound of his twitter sounds like he is done with us. He said something like still got a lot of talent just need another chance so Im assuming that doesnt sound like I made the PS. :) Sucks i thought he did well in the last game.

They better add Aldrige and then find a way to add him to the 53 cause he wont last with that speed like Portis and Betts said.

I think Rankin is cut by Raiders. He is Brandon Jacobs calibre when i saw him during pre-season... I think we should try him. Is it possible to pick him up and put in practice squad ??

Wait...LOUIS RANKIN???? LOL you're comparing him to Brandon Jacobs? Bro...he's 5 inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter...there is NOTHING that these two have in common besides the position they play.

Wait...LOUIS RANKIN???? LOL you're comparing him to Brandon Jacobs? Bro...he's 5 inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter...there is NOTHING that these two have in common besides the position they play.

Me probably didn't check the height/weight..... but the style and power seems to be there... I was impressed with his performance during the preseason....I strongly beleive he is much better than our running backs..san Portis.

Not sure if he is cut though

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?&entry_id=46874

UPDATE : Rankin is not cut.... so the story ends :(

Id like Eloi on the PS but from the sound of his twitter sounds like he is done with us. He said something like still got a lot of talent just need another chance so Im assuming that doesnt sound like I made the PS. :) Sucks i thought he did well in the last game.

They better add Aldrige and then find a way to add him to the 53 cause he wont last with that speed like Portis and Betts said.

Oh man this doesnt sound good at all. I like Eloi and I still hope it works out. He could further apply pressure to Devin to get himeslf together.I think the Devin Thomas experince may be coming to a close soon in Ashburn. Eloi would compliment Malcolm and Marko.

Not too surprised Glenn got cut, the guy was a RB who switched to LB and he needs more time to learn the position, another good PS guy

I would rather not waste the space for Glenn.We already have Fletcher and Blades. I see no reason to keep another vertically challenged LB. Not to mention we have converted two DE to play LB.He would be better off elsewhere.

Archived