Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Practice Squad Already Shaping Up

JeepRyder

This is my first post here. This looks like a good thread to start on...

My practice squad:

1) Keith Eloi - I read the note about Shelton saying he was on the PS. I'm not so sure he was just being hopeful. Not sure if he was actually told by the team that he has made the squad. That being said, I think Eloi had more opportunities in preseason, so I think he makes it. Regardless, they almost always keep a WR on the PS.

2) Eddie Williams - I think he is a lock simply because if Sellers gets hurt, they have nobody at FB. Being the only backup is job security.

3) Darrel Young - He received a lot of praise from Fletcher and was pretty outstanding on Special Teams.

4) Chase Daniel - He has already announced that he will be on the practice squad. I think a #3 QB is better on the PS than the 53 man roster.

5) Anthony Alridge - Being that they already have four on the roster, a RB on the PS might be more than they need. But you can't argue about his upside. If somebody gets hurt, Alridge would be a great player to bring up.

6) Antonio Dixon - He put forth pretty good effort. But the real reason he makes the PS is because the team must feel a little nervouse about both Haynesworth and Griffin being so injury prone. I think that fear may have saved Montgomery's job, but they still need to have a backup there.

7) Lendy Holmes - He stood out on Special Teams and the team usually likes to keep a secondary player on the PS. Doug Dutch could also be a possibility, but I think since they already have six CBs on the active roster, Dutch would be one too many.

8) Cody Glenn - I list Glenn because he was a draft pick. But this could easily go to Rob Jackson, who regressed from last year but was still a draft pick.

I feel bad for guys like Chase who have to keep their heads up and go to the practice squad. I guess being on the practice squad of an NFL team is still way better than playing in the UFL or CFL. Hopefully he will get a chance someday.

It's still better than 90% of jobs out there if you think about it.

Oh man this doesnt sound good at all. I like Eloi and I still hope it works out. He could further apply pressure to Devin to get himeslf together.I think the Devin Thomas experince may be coming to a close soon in Ashburn. Eloi would compliment Malcolm and Marko.

I think I've heard Eloi's name twice, and he wasn't doing much either time. Don't know how he'd replace Devin Thomas.

I think I've heard Eloi's name twice, and he wasn't doing much either time. Don't know how he'd replace Devin Thomas.

Eloi made a few nice catches and has the ability to jump up for the ball. All he has to do is focus and apply himself. Devin has done nothing that he can't be repalced? He was looking good training camp and all but once pre season came he wasn't doing squat. I am a DT fan, but he needs to get it together and do what's asked of him or he won't have to worry about running the wrong route here in Washington.

I agree with some of you guys, I thought Eloi showed more than Shelton, but I guess the team thought otherwise. It would not make sense to carry two WR's on the PC.

I didn't think Dutch showed enough to make the PC and would like to see Alridge take that spot.

I guess the praise from the players about Young didn't amount to much. I don't remember him doing much on the field.

The other picks make sense.

Redskins Insider has a PS list... I dont know if its conjecture or official.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/-though-shaun-suisham-ranked.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

He has:

QB C. Daniel

FB E. Williams

WR T. Shelton

DE R. Jackson

DT A. Dixon

LB C. Glenn

DB L. Holmes

DB D. Dutch

Dixon,and Jackson will become studs somewher else ...They screwed up again .....The funny thing Wynn will be cut in the next two seasons...Jackson and Dixion will be studs :doh:

Not as such. There are already 10 on the active roster. Why keep an 11th?

Still think it's weirder that they would keep 6 corners and then a 7th on the practice team.

Yeah, I think there is something unusual going on there. I think Westbrook was kept because of Rogers' injury and also because Westbrook is no longer eligible for the practice squad. I am thinking that very soon, Rogers will be over that calf injury that has the staff concerned. I think that after Rogers is 100%, they'll simply let Westbrook go. Then they will still have Dutch on the PS and five CBs on the roster. Who will take Westbrook's place? Who knows? Another injury might determine that.

Dixon,and Jackson will become studs somewher else ...They screwed up again .....The funny thing Wynn will be cut in the next two seasons...Jackson and Dixion will be studs :doh:

Would rather see Darrell Young and Eloi on the practice squad than Shelton and Dutch. But really hope they keep Dixon and Jackson unsigned fo a season because these kids have potential

Not as such. There are already 10 on the active roster. Why keep an 11th?

Still think it's weirder that they would keep 6 corners and then a 7th on the practice team.

True. I hear Barnes isn't ready. That's what Reid is saying. Makes sense.

One thing is for sure, this isn't over. There will be more changes of the roster to come. It wouldn't surprise me if more changes were made to OL.

True. I hear Barnes isn't ready. That's what Reid is saying. Makes sense.

One thing is for sure, this isn't over. There will be more changes of the roster to come. It wouldn't surprise me if more changes were made to OL.

couldnt agree more.. we are just beginning to see the team take shape... the guys behind the scenes will be flip flopping

Archived