Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Skins drop suit against woman in article

hail2skins

Of course, none of what you say here even remotely makes any sense lol...

What they did with this woman, they have done with the majority of others who they took legal action against. So suggesting that they never would have done this without the "investigative reporting" is flawed logic, at best...

And none of the "apologists" (weird how promoting adherence to the law and to contracts now constitutes being an apologist lol) ever said the Skins should NOT work out some alternative solutions with this individual woman...only that they understood why these types of lawsuits are necessary and refused to jump on the "Snyder is EEEE-vil!" bandwagon. There was a bash Snyder orgy going on, and just because some of us refused to take off our clothes and join in doesn't mean we were wrong lol ;)...

This is not an uncommons reaction for someone going through hardship. I'm a real esate investor, and the vast majority of properties that I'm dealing with are foreclosures and pre-foreclosures. I do my best to help these people. I do a lot of negotiating witht he bank to re-work their mortgage or get some sort of forbearance agreement. But the big problem is that these people took no action at all. The moment they received their first notice, they threw it into a pile. I've been to houses where the owner kept a trash can by the door that they threw every piece of mail in. It's like they believed that if they didn't acknowledge it, then it wasn't there. I'm not saying that the Redskins shouldn't try to work something out with her, but I doubt she is completely guiltless as many want to portray.

I must say that I am excited that the team is vacating its judgment against this lady. Only time will tell if they will garner any goodwill by doing so. Does anyone think that next years season ticket process will be changed at all in order to try to win some faith back with the fan base? I am speaking in terms of upgrading seats and adding new season ticket holders. It seems like a lot of people received excellent upgrades this year.
The previous policy was, new STHs would sit in the upper rows of the upper level, and current STHs would be moved down (i.e. upgraded) to lower rows.

STHs were told in their invoice that upgrades would not be granted unless they paid on time. Many if not most who did pay on time were not upgraded, even though they were due for an upgrade.

A lot of other people who did not pay on time successfully used their pending payment as a bargaining chip to negotiate with the ticket office to get excellent upgrades. Other empty seats in the lower rows near the 50 and elsewhere were given to first time buyers, apparently to attract new STHs who otherwise would not buy.

It's all documented in this forum in various threads (tag search "upgrades" or "ticket office"). Here's one:

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=288164&page=75

You got to love the power of the DC media. LOL Hit Danny where it hurts him. His already tarnished image. He is not dumb, he realizes that sueing an old grandma when they charge a gazillion bucks for beer and parking makes hil look like the devil. What they need to do now is dismiss all the other situations (that are legit people who have fallen on hard times, not the DC Lobbiest making 400k a year who just wants out of this tickets) Like I tell people when the Govt or a big company or somthing is screwing you go find a reporter and get it out there. I had an issue with a Car dealer and made so much noise via BMW USA, the local media and the BBB that they not only gave me my money back they paid me 2k not to sue them.

The previous policy was, new STHs would sit in the upper rows of the upper level, and current STHs would be moved down (i.e. upgraded) to lower rows.

STHs were told in their invoice that upgrades would not be granted unless they paid on time. Many if not most who did pay on time were not upgraded, even though they were due for an upgrade.

A lot of other people who did not pay on time successfully used their pending payment as a bargaining chip to negotiate with the ticket office to get excellent upgrades. Other empty seats in the lower rows near the 50 and elsewhere were given to first time buyers, apparently to attract new STHs who otherwise would not buy.

It's all documented in this forum in various threads (tag search "upgrades" or "ticket office"). Here's one:

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=288164&page=75

wow thats messed up. I did not know that. Typical. Well I dumped my 2 season tickets last year. So Danny can kiss my ass. I like what I read from one fan who dumped their tickets. They said they bought a big screen TV and the football package. Good for them.

Ok I have to let all the redskins fans and haters understand this. If you breach a contract they can sue you and resale your merchandise. For example if your old or not if you finance, lease a car if you do not make your payments they will repossess your car. They will auction your car off after a few months. Then you will still be responsible to pay the balance. I don't see articles about this all over the world because we accept that responsibility when we purchase that car. Same thing when buying these tickets. As I do not like the laws about this being I am paying for a vehicle that I don't drive or own, I understand that was my responsibility and that I did not live up to my contract.

Ok I have to let all the redskins fans and haters understand this. If you breach a contract they can sue you and resale your merchandise. For example if your old or not if you finance, lease a car if you do not make your payments they will repossess your car. They will auction your car off after a few months. Then you will still be responsible to pay the balance. I don't see articles about this all over the world because we accept that responsibility when we purchase that car. Same thing when buying these tickets. As I do not like the laws about this being I am paying for a vehicle that I don't drive or own, I understand that was my responsibility and that I did not live up to my contract.

The finance/leasing company DID run a credit check on you right? And Im sure they have a target range of credit score

I dont believe the Redskins do, subtle difference, HUGE impact

But no doubt if your unable to afford a long term expensive commitment DONT enter into one. If your a greedy salesman DONT enter into long term expensive agreements with unqualified buyers (Wait aint that what the mortgage breakdown centerd on?)

dckey, I don't think you quite understand why some have been upset by this. Nobody is arguing the LEGALITY of the lawsuit, nor the organization's need to maintain a business.

It's a public relations problem, and nothing more. People don't like seeing an old lady who has worshipped the Redskins all her life get sued for an amount she probably won't ever be able to pay in the remainder of her lifetime. It just doesn't look good, no matter how legally in the right the redskins are.

Not a legality issue, it's a PR issue. And PR issues usually lead to choosing between what makes people happy and what makes legal sense. The organization, after having been discovered selling thousands of tickets to brokers instead of fans, apparently felt the bleeding needs to stop.

Glad they fixed this....total bubkis that a team worth millions would have to sue anyone for ticket money...when supposedly there is a waiting list to get tickets...wouldnt it be easier to just move on....I was ashamed to be Skins fan when I read the article

Glad they fixed this....total bubkis that a team worth millions would have to sue anyone for ticket money...when supposedly there is a waiting list to get tickets...wouldnt it be easier to just move on....I was ashamed to be Skins fan when I read the article

don't worry... this will be directly related to a price hike on beer in the stadium... :evilg:

Someone's going to to tell you that the waitlist is for General Admission seats, and the lawsuits are for premium club seats (more expensive and long term contracts)

But I just have to think that in 160,000 people, that maybe 1 just 1 would be interested in a club seat

What are the odds ALL 160k+ aren't able to afford a club seat?

CaliFan

I don't know if you read the article, but the grandma never said she didn't receive her mail, in fact she stated how awful it was to be served by her favorite team. She fully admitted that she didn't go to court because she was embarrassed by her situation.

And...Donovan IS the attorney for the Redskins. So if she received an e-mail from Donovan, then she is corresponding with the Redskins attorney.

The whole thing is a bad situation but it sounds like she is not the only one. I just can't believe a lot of these people did not go to court to fight the motions.

Archived