Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Skins drop suit against woman in article

hail2skins

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/04/AR2009090403912.html?hpid=topnews

Funniest thing about the story is that the Donovan guy apparently starts his e-mail to the lady saying "he was sorry to read about your difficulties in the Post," but then says his decision to drop the suit was "unrelated to the Post story."

Can these guys get anything straight?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/04/AR2009090403912.html?hpid=topnews

Funniest thing about the story is that the Donovan guy apparently starts his e-mail to the lady saying "he was sorry to read about your difficulties in the Post," but then says his decision to drop the suit was "unrelated to the Post story."

Can these guys get anything straight?

Shocking that, once the team does precisely what people want them to do, there's still nitpicking and criticism. :doh:

Hill said Donovan told her that she should have called him directly. She said she told him: "I didn't even know you existed. I don't know you."

Hill said Donovan also told her she should have responded to the team's letters, but she told a reporter Friday, "I got no letters, and every call that was ever made to me was returned, and I physically went down to the Redskins office and explained my situation."

Sorry, grandma, but that's not how it works...

Once something has gone to the lawyers, talking to people at the Redskins office no longer has any effect. It would be like getting an eviction notice and then going down to your manager's office and trying to talk with them...99% of the time it's no longer within their control and you have to talk directly to the attorneys handling your case.

And I rarely believe anyone who is being sued who says they never received any letters or papers...just doesn't happen that way. That's a convenient "out" to say that. And when you DO get letters or legal papers, there are explicit instructions as to who to contact to help satisfy the matter (in case you can't tell, I've been on both sides of legal matters in my adulthood lol). Most people get intimidated by legal affairs and try to find alternate ways of dealing with their situation, not thinking (or realizing) that there ARE no alternative solutions. Just buckle down and contact the lawyers asap.

Shocking that, once the team does precisely what people want them to do, there's still nitpicking and criticism. :doh:

Wasn't making any judgment on what the team did.......just thought it was funny that the dude starts his e-mail off alluding to the Post story, but then claims his decision to drop the suit was "unrelated to the story." Sure, whatever.....(and I know I'm assuming that Hill was presenting an accurate picture of the e-mail).

Wasn't making any judgment on what the team did.......just thought it was funny that the dude starts his e-mail off alluding to the Post story, but then claims his decision to drop the suit was "unrelated to the story." Sure, whatever.....(and I know I'm assuming that Hill was presenting an accurate picture of the e-mail).

Fair enough. This lady just seems a little sketchy to me.

Ironic, after hearing pages upon pages of threads about how its their legal right to sue, and if they let her go the whole ticket structure would collapse, blah blah blah

They go out and do exactly what all the apologists were making excuses for them not doing at first

It's my guess someone will say Our Father Saintly Dan decreed this from upon high, so let it be written so let it be done

Seems like investigative reporting has its merits

Dan Synder must have read my post yesterday!!

WTF, Now I'm pissed off. This is absolutely ludacris. I see why we generate the most income in all sports. This is the first time I've ever said I'm ashamed to be a skinsfan. Dan Synder better fix this quick. Absolutely pathetic, suing a 73 yrs old woman who has had season tickets for over 40 years. I love the Redskins but this is wrong. I actually want to thank the Washington Post for writing this and getting this story out to the public. Hopefully all this bad press will force Dan Synder to do the right thing. If the Season Ticket waiting list is so long why can't they just give her tickets to the next person on the list. ewww. I pissed. DAN SYNDER YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!:mad:

Ironic, after hearing pages upon pages of threads about how its their legal right to sue, and if they let her go the whole ticket structure would collapse, blah blah blah

They go out and do exactly what all the apologists were making excuses for them not doing at first

It's my guess someone will say Our Father Saintly Dan decreed this from upon high, so let it be written so let it be done

Seems like investigative reporting has its merits

Of course, none of what you say here even remotely makes any sense lol...

What they did with this woman, they have done with the majority of others who they took legal action against. So suggesting that they never would have done this without the "investigative reporting" is flawed logic, at best...

And none of the "apologists" (weird how promoting adherence to the law and to contracts now constitutes being an apologist lol) ever said the Skins should NOT work out some alternative solutions with this individual woman...only that they understood why these types of lawsuits are necessary and refused to jump on the "Snyder is EEEE-vil!" bandwagon. There was a bash Snyder orgy going on, and just because some of us refused to take off our clothes and join in doesn't mean we were wrong lol ;)...

I'm sure this lady didn't do her due diligence and respond to the many letters that must have been sent to her.

That does not excuse the Redskins for suing a fan. The sensible thing to do would be to cancel her contract and offer it one of the other 160,000 fans on the ticket waiting list.

What? it's a virtual list? it does not actually exist?

I must say that I am excited that the team is vacating its judgment against this lady. Only time will tell if they will garner any goodwill by doing so. Does anyone think that next years season ticket process will be changed at all in order to try to win some faith back with the fan base? I am speaking in terms of upgrading seats and adding new season ticket holders. It seems like a lot of people received excellent upgrades this year.

I'm sure this lady didn't do her due diligence and respond to the many letters that must have been sent to her.

That does not excuse the Redskins for suing a fan. The sensible thing to do would be to cancel her contract and offer it one of the other 160,000 fans on the ticket waiting list.

What? it's a virtual list? it does not actually exist?

And the urban myths are starting to take hold lol...

The "160,000 waiting list" is NOT for Club Seats...which is what this woman's contract was for. The "160,000 waiting list" is completely irrelevant to her situation, but the WP made it sound as if there were 160,000 fans waiting to buy her club seats...and fans are starting to regurgitate that nonsense as if fact. :doh:

And why shouldn't the Redskins be able to sue fans?...That would be just as ludicrious as saying "real" fans shouldn't sue the Redskins lol.

Hmmm....... woman is on the front page of a newspaper crying about how she is being sued by an organization she was loyal to, the next day they drop the suit, nope has NOTHING to do with investigative reporting

Of course it was going to happen today anyways............right

And I suppose there really is a Santa Claus

Hmmm....... woman is on the front page of a newspaper crying about how she is being sued by an organization she was loyal to, the next day they drop the suit, nope has NOTHING to do with investigative reporting

Of course it was going to happen today anyways............right

And I suppose there really is a Santa Claus

Did I say it was gonna happen anyway? lol...No, I didn't. I said they take this type of action with fans all the damn time, and don't need investigative reporting to do so first. So obviously something was different with this woman's case than the majority of cases where they DO find alternative solutions...or do you really believe that Snyder looks over each case and tries to figure out which fans he'd like to **** over the most lol?..."Oooooh...a 72 year old grandmother! Excellent..."

It helps if you stick to the actual points being made...helps make your retorts much more effective. Just a tip. :thumbsup:

Yeah, two years ago, a Skins official told the WCP that there were "just over 300" club seats available. In Wednesday's article Karl Swanson said the number of clubbers available was "5-7 percent of inventory," which, assuming approx 15,500 seats in the club level, would be 775-1085 of them available.

People who bought back in the late 1990s when the prices were still somewhat reasonable are declining to renew at today's prices. Of course, as Thursday's Post article highlighted, there are some who have purchased those seats at today's rates. Too rich for my blood.

It's amazing to me that someone says stick to the actual points being made and somehow the ACTUAL point being made is that one day Ms. Hill is being sued, the next she's not. What changed? She was on the front of a newspaper telling her story

(please contrive even more of the asinine logic to which you subscribe to make this not factual)

And be sure no amount of whatever it is you believe your so correct about makes you seem any more sensible.

When sensible people are wrong they make moves to correct their mistakes, kudos to the Skins (you should learn the same)

posting what i thought when it was said in another thread:

thats bull**** and let me tell you why.

first - i feel bad for her, and don't wish her bad luck on anyone else.

but lets get real here - they are going to let her off because the Washington Post used it as a sob story? What about all the other fans that this happened to? Are the redskins going to let them off too? What about people who were sued a few years ago?

No, their story wasn't publicized by the washington post, so they wont get let off the hook. Pure and utter bull****.

Not to mention that the woman entered a legal contract as an adult, and also failed to show up to court when served with a law suite.

yeah, sounds exactly like the way this should have gone.... what garbage.

Archived