Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Unveils New "More Blacks and Gays" Tagline

Thinking Skins

NBC Unveils New "More Blacks and Gays" Tagline

In an attempt to quell the naysayers of their "More Colorful" slogan, NBC cut right to the chase and unveiled another new tagline: "More Blacks and Gays."

"The public needs to know that we're not just catering to straight white 30-somethings," said Adam Stotsky of NBC's marketing department. "As our ratings show, straight white 30-somethings don't like TV. Blacks and gays love it."

I don't know if this is a joke or not. I mean its in Huffington Post, so it sounds legit, but the quotes in the article sound too sarcastic to be taken seriously.

I don't know if this is a joke or not.

And you call your self 'Thinking SKins'?

Didn't this give you a clue?

"In addition to a merger with the CW, NBC has signed a deal with popular black man, Tyler Perry.

Referring to Perry, Stotsky exclaimed: "I've never seen any of his shows, but my one black friend sort of likes him."

A source revealed that Perry will replace Tracy Morgan on 30 Rock, explaining that "Morgan is loved by white people, which is why he's being replaced.""

And you call your self 'Thinking SKins'?

Didn't this give you a clue?

"In addition to a merger with the CW, NBC has signed a deal with popular black man, Tyler Perry.

Referring to Perry, Stotsky exclaimed: "I've never seen any of his shows, but my one black friend sort of likes him."

A source revealed that Perry will replace Tracy Morgan on 30 Rock, explaining that "Morgan is loved by white people, which is why he's being replaced.""

See, actually, I think its the opposite. I think I'm overthinking it (as with most situations). What you pointed out about Tracy Morgan makes me almost sure that its satire. But c'mon, how often does Huffington Post post satire? I mean if this was the Onion, that'd be different, but we're talking about a legit news source.

but that was a funny quote about Tracy Morgan. White folk like him, so we had to fire him.

See, actually, I think its the opposite. I think I'm overthinking it (as with most situations). What you pointed out about Tracy Morgan makes me almost sure that its satire. But c'mon, how often does Huffington Post post satire? I mean if this was the Onion, that'd be different, but we're talking about a legit news source.

but that was a funny quote about Tracy Morgan. White folk like him, so we had to fire him.

Maybe you should check out the source:

http://thehollywoodham.com/

Definitely an "Onion" type of site.

As to why it is on The Huffington Post, maybe they are just having fun with their friends at MSNBC.

Archived