Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ers' Lee second punter to hit Cowboys' video board in warmups

scstand

Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Add San Francisco's Andy Lee to the list of NFL punters who have kicked balls into the video boards hanging over the field at the new Cowboys Stadium.

During warmups before the preseason game Saturday night, Lee hit the board with one of his last kicks. He had a couple other boots that came close, but most of his 15 or so kicks didn't.

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d8123d905&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Fact: every single opposing punter is going to attempt to hit the scoreboard during warmups, and every single one is going to be successful.

another fact: none of those punters would hit the scoreboard in a game when they are punting normally and not trying to hit it on purpose.

Fact: every single opposing punter is going to attempt to hit the scoreboard during warmups, and every single one is going to be successful.

another fact: none of those punters would hit the scoreboard in a game when they are punting normally and not trying to hit it on purpose.

LOL @ this being news. Any idiot punter that wants to hit the board in warmups can. I can here them now " Duh Huh. Let me see if I can hit it. Duh Huh". It won't happen during regular season game situations.

So are you 2 going to eat crow if, at any point in the future of the stadium, a punter DOES hit the scoreboard during the regular season?

LOL @ this being news. Any idiot punter that wants to hit the board in warmups can. I can here them now " Duh Huh. Let me see if I can hit it. Duh Huh". It won't happen during regular season game situations.

What about when you are close to the endzone, but not in your kickers field goal range and you need your punter to kick it high rather than the line drive style punt to make sure you can down it on the one yard line etc?

Redo kick, then it could get blocked. Scoreboard is a problem.

Well you, I, and 98% of the posters here know that, but I tried to approach it on thier terms and have been ignored. That'll teach me to be nice to a Cowboys fan. :dallasuck

Puke fans in the ATN are a whole different breed than puke fans in general. Most here don't deserve any niceties.

So are you 2 going to eat crow if, at any point in the future of the stadium, a punter DOES hit the scoreboard during the regular season?

When a punter has hit it, it was because he tried to. That's all I can really say. I was at the Titans game last week. It couldn't have been more obvious that their punter tried to hit the scoreboard. I will have no problem eating crow if a punter hits it, when he wasn't trying to do so.

When that scoreboard interferes with a play that costs the Cowboys a game, Jerruh will be out there trying to raise it himself.

I really really hope that's how it plays out and not the other way around.

I wonder if hitting it with footballs before and during games will void the warranty?

Yes, it does void it, the warranty only covers any manufacture's defects. However, Jerruh was smart enough to pay $4.99 extra per month for insurance. Smart move, though there is a $10,000,000.00 deductible should he need to use it.

:hysterical:

I'm not really over here much anymore, but I can't believe how stupid some fans can be. You're seriously defending a scoreboard and its placement? It's in the wrong place, clearly. Laugh about it because it's funny.

FedEx is a piece of ****. It's awful. There's no real argument about it and anyone who tries to start one looks as dumb as some of the people in this thread.

Hit it solid only once in warmups and then not once in 6 tries during the game.

I think that will be the norm and the exception will be the 'do-over' situation during a game that may happen only 2-4 times all season.

I hope no one gets hurt on those 'meaningless' do-overs.

I think it would be smart of all punters to do some practice punts as high as possible while kicking down the middle...it would be beneficial for a punter to have an idea of how hard/easy it is for his punt to hit that damn thing, to be honest. If I'm a punter and I know that when I kick a certain way it will hit the scoreboard, I'll remember that during games and punt accordingly. And if I find out that hitting the scoreboard is nearly impossible no matter how hard or how high I kick my practice punts, then I take that into the game as well and punt accordingly.

Not to mention that the ST coach might just decide to ask me to deliberately hit the scoreboard as a tactic to help the team out in some way, and if so he'll probably ask me how easy/hard I think it will be...if I'm not trying to hit thte scoreboard during warm-ups I won't have an answer to give him.

Archived