Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ers' Lee second punter to hit Cowboys' video board in warmups

scstand

Fact: every single opposing punter is going to attempt to hit the scoreboard during warmups, and every single one is going to be successful.

another fact: none of those punters would hit the scoreboard in a game when they are punting normally and not trying to hit it on purpose.

I don't know. It looked like Chris Hanson of the Patriots was booting them really high on Thursday. Don't know if they play the Cowboys, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could hit it on a regular punt.

I think it would be smart of all punters to do some practice punts as high as possible while kicking down the middle...it would be beneficial for a punter to have an idea of how hard/easy it is for his punt to hit that damn thing, to be honest. If I'm a punter and I know that when I kick a certain way it will hit the scoreboard, I'll remember that during games and punt accordingly. And if I find out that hitting the scoreboard is nearly impossible no matter how hard or how high I kick my practice punts, then I take that into the game as well and punt accordingly.

Not to mention that the ST coach might just decide to ask me to deliberately hit the scoreboard as a tactic to help the team out in some way, and if so he'll probably ask me how easy/hard I think it will be...if I'm not trying to hit thte scoreboard during warm-ups I won't have an answer to give him.

How would hitting the scoreboard help out a team? On the chance that it wipes out a penalty, that would be purely coincidental and impossible to anticipate. Hitting the scoreboard on purpose would only hurt your team, not help it.

hey...it is what it is....don't shoot the messenger!

But they hate the message, so they will, and they will unload the clip on you. There is no doubt that this is not bringing joy to Arlington, Tx.

The scoreboard is too low, live with it. Don't worry, no punter will hit it when it counts, you know.... ....in the playoffs. :hysterical::finger::hysterical:

How do you punish the student when the teacher told him it was ok to feed the dog the homework?

But Mr. Hand, isn't it our time since we are both sharing it together?

NO Spicoli, good try though.

Luckily for Jerry the NFL was as inept as he was in regard to the board. Don't take it personally, unless of course you were holding the tape measure. :laugh:

I think it would be smart of all punters to do some practice punts as high as possible while kicking down the middle...it would be beneficial for a punter to have an idea of how hard/easy it is for his punt to hit that damn thing, to be honest. If I'm a punter and I know that when I kick a certain way it will hit the scoreboard, I'll remember that during games and punt accordingly. And if I find out that hitting the scoreboard is nearly impossible no matter how hard or how high I kick my practice punts, then I take that into the game as well and punt accordingly.

Not to mention that the ST coach might just decide to ask me to deliberately hit the scoreboard as a tactic to help the team out in some way, and if so he'll probably ask me how easy/hard I think it will be...if I'm not trying to hit thte scoreboard during warm-ups I won't have an answer to give him.

From what I could see when I was at the game, the punters had to use about as much leg as they had to hit it. Most of the time, they didn't get it up there, and you could tell they were trying. I couldn't tell you what the % of success they had though. But it wasn't that high.

But Mr. Hand, isn't it our time since we are both sharing it together?

NO Spicoli, good try though.

Luckily for Jerry the NFL was as inept as he was in regard to the board. Don't take it personally, unless of course you were holding the tape measure. :laugh:

Not really lucky at all. If the NFL's rules on stadium regulations are outdated, it's up to them to change them. Not Jerry Jones or any other owner building a new stadium.

This is exactly why the NFL realized they messed this one up and accordingly, are going to have to deal with it. For now at least.

Archived