Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who/What Is To Blame The Most For The Loss To The Pats?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why do you guys alway remind me of that. of course I saw that, but it didn't impress me at all. I wanted to see his passing touchdown talent.

You will.

He did a good job. We almost won the game.

I don't know what the obsession is with wanting to see a passing touchdown from him.

Not treating Moss like he holds the Wide Receiver Touchdown Receptions in a Season record might have had something to do with it.

Wanting to study one-on-one matchups with our CB's against arguably the best, or one of the best, WR's on game tape might be the reason for THAT.

You honestly believe that we wouldn't double up on him consistently in a real game? Or that Landry wouldn't have been playing his normal deep spot on the field? Don't forget that this is preseason: This is the time to harmlessly evaluate things, that in the normal season you wouldn't have the luxury of doing.

why do you hate to say it? if you take 7 points back from the pats we win...

Two reasons:

1. I like him and I wanted to see him to do better; not get the third pick in as many games with (at that point) no touchdowns.

2. I don't like to talk about him too much because it's going to turn this into one of "those" threads, if you know what I mean.

Let's talk about red zone percentage. It's obvious that Colt threw more in the red zone than JC.

Besides, Colt made a passing touchdown.

JC has not ever in this preseason.

We still suck.

Your responses seem agenda driven.

I have a hard time believing that you watched the game and could honestly come to the conclusion that we suck.

Q: You know how you can set yourself apart as irrelevant and possessing useless opinions?

A: Claim that a QB throwing for over 200 yards in one half against the Patriot's 1st team defense and running for a TD deserves nothing but criticism.

You guys put way too much credit to Jason.

I think Cooley and hell, even Moss should receive most of the praises.

Cooley was wide open and gave Jason's 200 yards stat a boost.

Moss had to jump all over the place to catch Jason's inaccurate passes.

Most of the slants and screen were very successful. That was just lucky that Jason made 200 yards in one half and a 1/2 of the 3rd quarter.

However, Jason made no passing touchdown at all. This worries me a lot.

Let's talk about red zone percentage. It's obvious that Colt threw more in the red zone than JC.

Besides, Colt made a passing touchdown.

JC has not ever in this preseason.

We still suck.

You're changing the subject.

What does this have to do with the total number of times JC threw the ball vs. the total number times Colt threw the ball in total?

Your responses seem agenda driven.

I have a hard time believing that you watched the game and could honestly come to the conclusion that we suck.

A lot of the responses here seem "agenda driven.:doh:"

Yes, I don't like Jason Campbell. Do you hate me now?

Please take my Redskins membership card and taunt me forever.

The loss resulted from Skins failure to score a TD near the end of 2nd quarter ... due to poor clock management and play calling by Coach and QB or whatever.

Hey, prez of the Cult! Not to turn it into one of those threads, but you believe that that, and not the 10-point swing of Colt's mistakes, is the MAIN reason? Not that it didn't contribute, but after seeing how well we played in the first half, you don't put a substantial part of the blame on Colt's decision making?

I agree that there was a stretch of some "typical" Redskins play calling before Cooley got like 15 yards of seperation from everyone around him and made that big play.

THANK YOU!!!

God, I could not have explain it best.

There seems to be some "agenda driven" posters around here...

Moss had to jump all over the place to catch Jason's inaccurate passes.

Most of the slants and screen were very successful. That was just lucky that Jason made 200 yards in one half and a 1/2 of the 3rd quarter.

However, Jason made no passing touchdown at all. This worries me a lot.

Cooley for sure pumped his stats but he gets no love, he ran for 40 yards of that TD play. very true hehe

A lot of the responses here seem "agenda driven.:doh:"

Yes, I don't like Jason Campbell. Do you hate me now?

Please take my Redskins membership card and taunt me forever.

So your responses make two things VERY clear: You would rather see failure in this game rather than improvement and hope, because you hate Jason Campbell so much, and you know very little about the game of football. Thanks for sharing :)

So your responses make two things VERY clear: You would rather see failure in this game rather than improvement and hope, because you hate Jason Campbell so much, and you know very little about the game of football. Thanks for sharing :)

I hate him because he wasted four years of my watching Redskins going to the superbowl hope.

I hate him because he wasted four years of my watching Redskins going to the superbowl hope.

Jason Campbell hasn't even been the Redskins' QB for four years, try again!!:)

And if you honestly believe that the rest of this team was built to go to the Superbowl in that time, then there really is no helping you.

To paraphrase what another ES member said in the game day thread: it's funny how, when the receivers drop balls, it's all JC's fault for throwing poor passes...and when the receivers catch balls for long gains, it's only the receivers who deserve praise.

Nice set up you got going there...pretty much guarantees you can rationalize away anything that would give Campbell praise. :thumbsup:

So...Campbell should have points taken away from him because Cooley was wide open? lol...and JC threw the ball about 30 yards down field and hit Cooley in stride. So about 40 yards can be attributed to Cooley's run after the catch. So, fine...Campbell threw for around 170 yards in one half against the Patriots' 1st team defense, and ran in a TD to boot. And you STILL feel that deserves nothing but ridicule and criticism, as if every QB in the league regularly does that against the Patriots.

My original point still stands.

Put it this way, if Colt played the entire game even with Campbell's first half stats, everyone on this board would be blaming him for the loss especially if it counted. Thank the Lord we've at least got a proven backup who showed the ability to help get this team into the playoffs in 2007 despite the odds. Colt may exude confidence in the way he carries himself but he doesn't give the fans confidence that he could be a legitimate #2 this season much less a starter at this point. All in all, he's played pretty poorly this preseason. Damnit Jessica! Damnit! :silly:

:2cents:

Archived