Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who/What Is To Blame The Most For The Loss To The Pats?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

.....Why in the world would ANYONE want to put the 1st team's red zone production into that category? Well, other than those who have an obsessive desire to make sure all criticism is somehow Campbell-related lol...
Yup

The missed TD Bomb wasn't in the Redzone

I would vote for Colt and his brain farts (10 point turnaround pick and the the sack in FG range)

But

It is funny how JC gets a pass.....when his accuracy still SUCKs and we had another missed TD Bomb

But you kick differently and approach the ball differently and swing your leg differently when you're trying to achieve distance than when you're trying to achieve accuracy. Therefore, if you're a kicker and you're focusing more on distance it effects your abillity to focus on accuracy. Colt's sack put unnecessary pressure on Suisham...
I'll grant you that point. Getting sacked didn't help the Skins at all; Brennan should have thrown the ball away.

I'd also note, that kickers can also miss wide when they're in close. Brennan's being sacked reduced the chances for a successful kick, but did not cause the miss.

I recall there have been some problems in the past with the first string not being able to get touchdown passes while in the redzone.

...Or are you suggesting that redzone passing plays should be the responsibility of the second string? ;)

Um, I didn't realize I titled this thread "Who/What Is To Blame The Most For The Skins Not Having More TD Passes Against The Pats?" ;)

See, I could have sworn when I titled the thread, I was referring to the fact that we lost 27-24...which would mean either we allowed too many points or we didn't score enough points, or some combination of the two. If I really DID title my thread to refer to things like wins, losses and points scored, then whether or not those points were scored on the ground or through the air is somewhere around one million percent irrelevant.

Well, except to those who are obsessed with connecting the team's every failing to Jason Campbell, that is lol...

So you'll have to explain to me exactly why the Skins' two TDs in the first half being run TDs instead of passing TDs lead to the Skins losing the game...because I don't see the connection at all. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yup

The missed TD Bomb wasn't in the Redzone

I would vote for Colt and his brain farts (10 point turnaround pick and the the sack in FG range)

But

It is funny how JC gets a pass.....when his accuracy still SUCKs and we had another missed TD Bomb

:doh:

Why does the QB who lead the offense to 17 1st half points get a pass on a thread about who is to blame for the loss? lol :rotflmao:...

You know, I should have also blamed Alridge for the loss...afterall, if he had been able to get that first down in the closing minutes of the game we wouldn't have punted.

I should have also included Hunter Smith on the "blame" list as well...because if he had kicked that last punt with better hang time, the Pats would have called for a fair catch instead of running it back.

:doh:

Why does the QB who lead the offense to 17 1st half points get a pass on a thread about who is to blame for the loss? lol :rotflmao:...

You know, I should have also blamed Alridge for the loss...afterall, if he had been able to get that first down in the closing minutes of the game we wouldn't have punted.

I should have also included Hunter Smith on the "blame" list as well...because if he had kicked that last punt with better hang time, the Pats would have called for a fair catch instead of running it back.

teamsportteamsportteamsport :rotflmao:

I'll grant you that point. Getting sacked didn't help the Skins at all; Brennan should have thrown the ball away.

I'd also note, that kickers can also miss wide when they're in close. Brennan's being sacked reduced the chances for a successful kick, but did not cause the miss.

Inside the 40, Suisham is 38/42 during his time with the Redskins.

Outside the 50, Suisham is 3/8.

Not to mention, you can't say that reducing the chances for a successful kick does NOT play a role in causing the kick to miss. That's contradictory. Just because you CAN miss from closer in doesn't mean that all misses are equal in terms of what causes the miss.

teamsportteamsportteamsport :rotflmao:

I also should have blamed Marko Mitchell...if he had held his block longer on that 73 yard Cooley play, Cooley could have run it into the end zone, and thus we would have had our passing TD...which I've just learned on this thread would have helped the Skins win more than the rushing TD did. :thumbsup:...Not to mention, it would have given us the ball back with more time at the end of the 1st half since we would have scored that TD earlier...and thus we would have had more time to take more shots into the end zone.

That's it, Marko's to blame, dammit! :mad:

Brennan gave 7 to the other team with the pick (And took at least 3 that we would have made with a chipshot FG), then took a sack to put us in long FG range off an awkward hash.

The penalties didn't help. Those fegs were super flag happy.

When's the last time we had 15 stinkin' penalties, even in preseason? lol...

I also should have blamed Marko Mitchell...if he had held his block longer on that 73 yard Cooley play, Cooley could have run it into the end zone, and thus we would have had our passing TD...which I've just learned on this thread would have helped the Skins win more than the rushing TD did. :thumbsup:...Not to mention, it would have given us the ball back with more time at the end of the 1st half since we would have scored that TD earlier...and thus we would have had more time to take more shots into the end zone.

That's it, Marko's to blame, dammit! :mad:

:hysterical:

^^^ WTF?!?!?

No quoting pics!!! lol

I know, I know, but he always that dang spider thing... and I'm an idiot for allowing it to fester further into our nightmares, lol!

When's the last time we had 15 stinkin' penalties, even in preseason? lol...

A couple of those 15 yard penalties were absolute crap. I don't know what got into the refs yesterday night, the worst penalty was the unsportsmanlike conduct one where the ref claimed a coach cussed, and Blache said that coach NEVER cusses. Then, the ref told Zorn according to Kelly Johnson that a coach called him by his first name "Jeff" and that's not allowed. Awful. :doh:

The worst penalty on our part was Deangelo Halls face mask on Randy Moss. Bad move there.

A couple of those 15 yard penalties were absolute crap. I don't know what got into the refs yesterday night, the worst penalty was the unsportsmanlike conduct one where the ref claimed a coach cussed, and Blache said that coach NEVER cusses. Then, the ref told Zorn according to Kelly Johnson that a coach called him by his first name "Jeff" and that's not allowed. Awful. :doh:

Are you freakin' kidding me? lol :doh:...that's coming close to the technical foul that Tim Duncan got for laughing while sitting on the bench :rotflmao:...

Are you freakin' kidding me? lol :doh:...that's coming close to the technical foul that Tim Duncan got for laughing while sitting on the bench :rotflmao:...

Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. That's what was all said during the Comcast post-game interview with Blache. Ridiculous. :hysterical:

The refs were way too flag happy, also on the Kevin Barnes illegal contact... he barely touched the guy, and did nothing to divert the WRs route. Some really, really bad calls there.

Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. That's what was all said during the Comcast post-game interview with Blache. Ridiculous. :hysterical:

The refs were way too flag happy, also on the Kevin Barnes illegal contact... he barely touched the guy, and did nothing to divert the WRs route. Some really, really bad calls there.

Ok, maybe I should have added the refs as one of the poll options lol :cool:...

We lost by 3 points. So Suisham's field goal would have simply made it a tie game -- Suisham's out of the running.

So where did we give away more than 3 points? Brennan's pick-6 is the obvious choice -- and I suspect further pointing to his miscue was the main reason for this poll.

Strangely, I note that the 'pollster' left off the a Skins Redzone failure in the first half -- we settled for 3 points when a touchdown was possible. That's 4 points we could have had. Of course, that's a little tough to include that in 'failure poll' about preseason game starting to take on the dimensions of "Palm Friday."

All things considered, I'd still give Brennan the "Goat-Ball" -- 'his' pick-6 really let the air out of the tires -- even though he was later able to score a TD to even that out.

As for the missed field goal Brennan's being blames for -- I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like distance wasn't the issue. It seem like Suisham kicked wide left, not short.

Per that last line. Its definitely Brennan's fault. He had every opportunity to throw it away, yet he decides to try and run for it, and inevitably gets a sack. That took the Skins back several more yards. The FG attempt was 5-10 yards longer than it should have been. And you want to blame Suisham for missing a 53 yarder?:doh:

…., when Colt made that nice throw to Mitchell for a touchdown, everyone was like oh Mitchell did some great route.

Even when Colt made that interception, everyone was blaming him like they want him out of the team.

Fred Davis should have caught that throw from Brennan and that would have given Colt a 2 tds stat.

A lot of the responses here seem "agenda driven.

Yes, I don't like Jason Campbell.

I hate him because he wasted four years of my watching Redskins going to the superbowl hope.

You guys put way too much credit to Jason.

I think Cooley and hell, even Moss should receive most of the praises.

Cooley was wide open and gave Jason's 200 yards stat a boost.

Moss had to jump all over the place to catch Jason's inaccurate passes.

That was just lucky that Jason made 200 yards in one half and a 1/2 of the 3rd quarter.

However, Jason made no passing touchdown at all. This worries me a lot.

This worries me a lot, too.

Good luck to ya.

I know Brennen messed up but I gotta give him credit for sticking in there and leading us back. He took a sack when he definatel didnt need to but Shaun Suisham has got to instill some confidence in me to show me that he can win a game for us with his leg

I know Brennen messed up but I gotta give him credit for sticking in there and leading us back. He took a sack when he definatel didnt need to but Shaun Suisham has got to instill some confidence in me to show me that he can win a game for us with his leg

How many games should Suisham need to win with his leg in order for you to feel confident in him?

Archived