Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick our RB's (Poll)

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

After tonight's game, it seems to me that most people are talking about the RB position and who's in and who's not.

So here is a pole for every one to choose.

Personally, I love Rock, he has been a true Redskin and I will miss him.

My vote is for Portis, Mason, Dorsey.

Went for change everyone. Well it's too late into the preseason now but the point I'm getting at is I think its time in general we overhaul the backfield including portis. Hes good, not great, at what he does but really, beyond his effort there isnt alot there. Definitely more talented players spread around the league, even as #2's elsewhere.

We've been stuck with the same lame ass backfield for many many years and I think people aren't even able to recognize a talented runner with good vision anymore. As for Mason I like him. But getting knocked out the game against second team tonight made me worry. Also need to account for the fact that these players HAVE to play hard every down possible or else they have no chance of making the team. No one really knows how a guy reacts once hes taking in the comfort of a roster spot.

Alridge and Dorsey could be really good WESTCOAST weapons. As for actual running backs? Nah. But if we had roster room for "toys" I'd definitely consider holding onto one of them. I think I even saw dorsey split out wide? If these guys have good hands then they could really work in the system. But again as a running back they would see maybe a few plays a game max which is why it always comes down to special teams. If a guy is only going to get a couple touches a game then needs to excel in special teams. Specially at the 3rd position.

Meast21,

Mason provides nothing replacing rock. Mason is the same type of runner as portis and betts but with fresher legs. If mason were to make this team it would make no sense from a third string perspective. Mason as has been reported isn't much of a special teamer. Well why would you need a #3 that wont contribute? I say that because hes similiar to Portis and Betts that he probably wouldnt take the field much. Again think how often rock takes the field in regular season.

Alridge or Dorsey from a logical standpoint have a better chance of making the squad and taking a spot from rock because they add something different whereas Mason does not. If we stick with 3 rbs and the coaches feel Betts is secure at the #2 I dont see Mason making the team. He provides no benefit no matter how good of a runner he is.

At the time of this post there has been 33 votes. All but 3 have been a combination of running back that does NOT include Rock.

Although I voted the same way but I am a little shocked at the lack of love for Rock.

Those who voted to drop Rock do you think he gets picked up by another NFL team. I really hope he does (as long as it ain't Dallas) but I don't kow where he would fit.

At the time of this post there has been 33 votes. All but 3 have been a combination of running back that does NOT include Rock.

Although I voted the same way but I am a little shocked at the lack of love for Rock.

Those who voted to drop Rock do you think he gets picked up by another NFL team. I really hope he does (as long as it ain't Dallas) but I don't kow where he would fit.

he'd go to the Eagles, just like Brian Mitchell and then Thrash...and burn (torch?) our already shaky looking special teams just like they did

Both Aldridge and Dorsey seemed to have a nice spark and some speed out there yesterday. Aldridge specifically impressed. They also seem to be good special teamers. Mason hasn't impressed the way he did last year. I like both Betts and Rock, but I wouldn't mind a youth movement. My concern with Dorsey is size. Will he get killed out there?

Nothing bias at all, huh?

Then maybe my choices would have been...

Same Ole Same Ole vs Dumbest Move We Could Make.

Mason runs ok. That's it. His pass pro sucks. He does NOTHING on special teams. If he's still eligible for the PS, we might keep him there. But he brings so little to the table, that taking up a spot for a one dimensional guy might not be so wise.

Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Sellers, Aldridge.

That's your starting 5, barring injury.

Both Aldridge and Dorsey seemed to have a nice spark and some speed out there yesterday. Aldridge specifically impressed. They also seem to be good special teamers. Mason hasn't impressed the way he did last year. I like both Betts and Rock, but I wouldn't mind a youth movement. My concern with Dorsey is size. Will he get killed out there?

We need the youth movement in this situation because these kids are much better weapons then Betts and Rock. Portis is definitely our hammer, but adding in Alridge and/or Mason or Dorsey is speed that a tired defense isn't going to catch. Just please keep Alridge and let him play this game next week, he will torch Jacksonville's defense and show what he can do for our offense this season.

If we get rid of this kid, Dallas will pick him up because he is going to be better then every running back they have. He won't be tougher then Barber, but doesn't have to be when he can strait up fly. Then of course we will get burned by him twice a year :doh:

I voted Portis, Betts, Mason and I feel guilty about not including Rock but I just think it's time to make a change. I could do w/o Betts personally but I know the guy's got a ton of experience and that's still worth going with over Dorsey or Aldridge.

It's not that people don't have love for Rock. He's a great player, a great leader and a great ST player. But that's all he does. I don't like using limited spots on a guy who only plays on special teams. We'd be so much more versatile with Dorsey or Alridge taking 5 or 6 snaps a game (plus them as returners), rather than never using Rock as a RB and sticking with Portis and Betts who have the same running style and same not-so-fresh legs.

I think Mason proved himself in blitz pickup and blocking last night, so I think he'd be a great replacement for Betts. Alridge can be a great returner, and he'd be dynamic as a RB that we're currently lacking. It'll take that much more pressure off Portis, Campbell and the rest of the offense for him to squirt out 10 yards on an occasional run than the 3 or 4 yards from grinding it out. I'd rather see Alridge over Dorsey too, because I heard better things about him in camp, he's a little bigger and faster, and he looked better at RB. If he can play ST, I think it's an easy choice.

There isn't even an option for the correct answer :

Portis - Alridge - Mason

and btw, you have Alridge's name spelled 3 different ways in the poll

LOL thats what I get for making a poll at that hour in the morning....pretty funny tho.....also increases my chances of getting at least 1 right.

BTW Portis - Alridge - Mason is the 3rd option from the bottom.:D

I think Betts is a lock. He is a nice receiver for a RB.

I do feel however that Cartwright might be out of luck. I thought Devin Thomas did very well on kick returns tonight and with his speed he could take a few all the way given good blocking.

I think Mason played well, yes he doesn't play on Special teams, but I really liked his touchdown and think he has a higher sky limit when it comes to actually playing the RB position compared to Rock. His pass protection and blocking has been criticized a lot, but for example on Campbells touchdown I thought it was Mason who's block set up the opportunity for Campbell to run it in.

I do hope that whoever we cut gets picked up by someone else in the NFL, as long as its not in our division.

I do hope that whoever we cut gets picked up by someone else in the NFL, as long as its not in our division.

This is an interesting way to think about it.

At this point, I couldn't care less if another NFC East team got Dorsey or Mason. I don't think they add enough to make those teams more dangerous with what they bring to those teams.

I would be scared of Aldridge on another team. He's fast enough to come in for a few carries and could break a big one by providing a speed element that none of the other RBs could.

He needs to be kept.

Porti-No explanation

Betts-Reports of increased role, definately not gettting cut.

Cartwright-Solid, if not spectacular special teamer. Thrash and K Campbell all already gone. Devin Thomas looked just as good returning kicks. But Cartwright provides nothing to our offense.

Mason-Younger, fresher version of Portis. Not as good as a blocker, but actually didn't do too bad in that area last night.

Dorsey-Looked good returning a punt against the Steeler (minus the almost fumble). Has speed.

Alridge-Had an outstanding preseason last year before he got hurt. Mason led the league in preseason rushing yards, but Alridge led in YPG. (Skins played extra game in HOF game). IMO, a more dynamic, speedy version of Dorsey. Has to prove he can play special team and block, but would love to have him on my team.

I would love to see a combination of Portis, Betts, and Alridge. But I really have difficulty believing Cartwright is going to be cut. Assuming we keep 25 players on offense, 3 QBs + 5 RB's (including Sellers, Cartwright, and one of the 3 that we keep) + 5WR + 9 O-Line + 3 TE's = 25. I think that's the best case scenario on how it works out. Someone correct me if my math is wrong.

I would like to have Portis, Betts, Mason, and Alridge somehow.

100% agree. I think last year proved we need 4 RBs (Alexander?) and the year that we traded a pick for Duckett (I think it was him). If Betts gets hurt I'm comfortable with Mason or AA spelling Portis

Archived