Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick our RB's (Poll)

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So Fellas, we are keeping Sellers and Eddie at FB right. Does that mean we can only keep 3 rb's and not four on our roster. Since Moss, ARE, D.Thomas all return punts does that make Rock expendable. I would like Mason to make this team first and foremost. Hmm, I guess we can cut Betts, replace him with Mason. Cut Rock, replace him with DD or AA...? Do both return kicks or just one of em?

Yes you ask who makes the roster so that would be Portis, Betts, Rock. I WOULD LIKE however CP, Rock, Mason. Aldridge looked good when he was in there.

I agree with your comments. However it would not shock me to see the team carry an extra RB this year and if so I think that it will be Mason. Don't know where the space would come from though as Mitchell has played his way onto the team as the 5th WR.

94.5% of the votes say Rock needs to go. I agree but hope he is healthy enough to play next game so he at least can fight for his job. Hate to seem him cut without being able to fight for his job.

Count me in the minority then. I think he has already locked up a spot on the 53 man roster due to what he gives us on ST regardless if he plays or not next week. They know what they have in him (just like Collins) no reason to push him to play in pre-season if not 100% healthy.

Count me in the minority then. I think he has already locked up a spot on the 53 man roster due to what he gives us on ST regardless if he plays or not next week. They know what they have in him (just like Collins) no reason to push him to play in pre-season if not 100% healthy.

We're on the same page. I think it will be the same ol' song and dance, but I'm hoping for Portis-Mason-Rock or Portis-Betts-Mason plus Rock on ST.

It just doen't make any sense to let Mason go. We could have used him last year when Betts was hurt, then there would have been no reason to sign Alexander.

Didn't vote because I think they figure out how to keep 4 RB's this year. 3-QB's, 5-WR's, 1-FB, 3-TE's, 9-OL + 1 to PUP or IR and 2-OL to PS.

What I would like to see: Portis, Betts, Mason, Alridge

Nothing against Rock but see more speed and Sproiles-type in the other 2.

What I think will happen: Portis, Betts, Rock, Mason

There isn't even an option for the correct answer :

Portis - Alridge - Mason

That should be the roster but something tells me "No way"! This would fit the team perfectly with Mason who is similar to Portis and Aldridge would be that 3rd down change of pace back that we have needed and would put fear into teams with his breakaway speed. Betts looks slow and old and Rock is only good on special teams.

I want five. Yeah, that's right, five. Tell Yoder to take a hike.

Sellers

Portis

Mason

Alridge

Dorsey

Sellers=Fullback/Special Teams

Portis=Starting Tailback

Mason=Backup Tailback/Spot Duty

Dorsey=Punt Returns/Spot Duty

Alridge=Change of Pace Back

Let Thomas and Dorsey split KO Duties and Dorsey return punts.

Time to lose the dead wood.

Portis-Mason-Dorsey.

Portis may be on his way out. He seems to be getting hurt every year now. Betts and Rock are not 1st string material. Mason and Dorsey provide something noone else has for a few years now, speed. Portis is usually a top 5 RB in the league but I doubt seriously he can stay healthy for a whole season. Mason and Dorsey both provide the explosiveness this team needs especially when Portis is hurt.

Portis-Mason-Dorsey.

Portis may be on his way out. He seems to be getting hurt every year now. Betts and Rock are not 1st string material. Mason and Dorsey provide something noone else has for a few years now, speed. Portis is usually a top 5 RB in the league but I doubt seriously he can stay healthy for a whole season. Mason and Dorsey both provide the explosiveness this team needs especially when Portis is hurt.

that's what you want, right? not what you think is going to happen... i hope

portis is a given, betts is the 3rd down back according to zorn (which i personally hate), and i think rock might be in trouble... mason is looking nice..

Is it impossible to have 4 RBs?

Portis--obviously

Betts--biggest of the RBs and catches well

Mason--just too damn productive to ignore any longer

Rock, Dorsey or Aldrige--versatile players on offense and special teams

Id rather go light on some D-line players and keep 4 RBs and 5 WRs (Marko Mitchell is my 5th, btw)

Who gives a **** if he plays special teams well?

When you have an offense like ours that needs a spark, you don't keep your 3rd RB ONLY for special teams.

I guarantee someone can step up and play ST's decently well enough for it to not matter if we keep Rock.

Rock needs to learn how to run the ball (unlikely at age 30) or get cut. Period.

There's no such thing as a 5'7" power back, sorry. You have to have speed if you are going to be a dwarf in the NFL.

Archived