Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT Down goes Aaron Ross

ddsskk87

Alot of people have been saying that Terrel Thomas was going to push Ross for playing time this year. So there might not be that much of a drop off in the base D. Where it will hurt the worst is when the Giants need 3+ CBs on the field. Dockery is a decent CB, but after that it gets into young/rookie late rounders.

Alot of people have been saying that Terrel Thomas was going to push Ross for playing time this year. So there might not be that much of a drop off in the base D. Where it will hurt the worst is when the Giants need 3+ CBs on the field. Dockery is a decent CB, but after that it gets into young/rookie late rounders.

I've been saying it since the the end of last season that Terrell Thomas will supplant Aaron Ross as a starter at some point this season, it looks like that prediction will come a little earlier than I had originally envisioned. And even though Thomas may technically win the job thanks in large part to this injury, I'm still convinced he will be the better player over the course of his career, and already is a better coverage guy.

Thomas has been the defensive MVP so far through the preseason and training camp. My only worry for him is how well he we respond in run support, an area where Ross excelled. Hopefully Ross will get back on the field soon, I think he's much better suited in a nickleback capacity. Thankfully Dockery is a good option for that role in the meantime, after that it could get sketchy, no more injuries please.

Yeh like its gonna matter when JC is scrambling for his life from the likes of Tuck.Osi and the other 4 beasts they have coming from the MIKE and LB positions! Ross is not how this defense wins games - if our Oline is what it is - they wont have anytime to let JC throw down the middle deep. Just the facts..

Aaron Ross is an injury they can afford. I don't think you'll find too many Giant fans worried about Ross being injured, we've got plaenty of quality depth at that position this year.

The injuries on the defensive line on the other hand, that's a huge worry. Especially for the fans, who in the Coughlin regime, doesn't get much info, except for knowing that all five of our DT's have some significant injuries.

A lot of the guys who are injured will probably be back in the next two weeks. They did some mumbo jumbo move with Canty and blood platelets for his hamstring which seems to be working. He can run now for the first time in a while. And the other guys are making their way back. The DLine will probably be pretty healthy by the start of the season. You guys won't be seeing Boley who is just about to return because of his suspension. And the Ross injury is not a concern. There are quality backups available.

This is assuming everything I read continues to improve with these guys. Hopefully, there will be no setbacks.

;6675998']Why would that be? You don't believe they did the procedure?

Hamstring injuries are a plague to all athletes at all levels of competition. I don't believe that the Giants have magically employed some new-age healing technique and Chris Canty went from having his season in jeopardy to sitting on the fast track to perfect health in a matter of days.

There is one thing' date=' and one thing only that heals a hamstring injury: prolonged rest. Coaches, trainers, and players look for short cuts all the time, but anyone who pays attention to these things should be aware by now that a severely pulled (or torn) hamstring can't be healed by anything other than abstinence from physical activity. Come on, man. Blood platelet procedure? Get real.

Next thing I know, you'll be back with Giants message board rumors about how this time is the [i']real[/i] time that the Giants have worked out a trade for Edwards or Boldin.

Canty, I don't expect back on opening day, but quite frankly, I rather he not play injured anyway. It's a long season, and I'd rather have him healthy towards the end of the year rather than the beginning.

Alford is the injury that really worries me. If he has to go in IR, which I get the feeling he will, he had been the only healthy DT in the rotation, who was primed for a breakout season. He was one of the guys with something to prove going into his third year, who had been having a great offseason. Not to mention he was the field goal snapper.

There is one thing, and one thing only that heals a hamstring injury: prolonged rest. Coaches, trainers, and players look for short cuts all the time, but anyone who pays attention to these things should be aware by now that a severely pulled (or torn) hamstring can't be healed by anything other than abstinence from physical activity. Come on, man. Blood platelet procedure? Get real.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/08/post_8.html

There was a time when tearing your ulnar collateral ligament meant your career was over, then a new procedure came along and changed that. All I'm saying is there are advances to medical procedures happening all the time, platelet-rich plasma therapy may not be a cure all, but it is possible that the treatment may help speed along the healing process.

Personally, with that DL, who plays corner for them is not going to matter much in the grand scheme of things.

That DL would have had no success in the Super Bowl if the Patriots quick passing offense wasn't getting effectively neutralized by coverage.

Archived