Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's just go on the record about the pukes, shall we?

tr1

You need to brush up on the new rules, my friends.

;)

double post...bad connection.

Double Posting. A double post constitutes back-to-back posts by the same member. The second post may be considered spam. If you submit a post and realize that you have made a mistake or would like to elaborate further, please use the "edit" button/function (located at the lower right of each post) to edit the original post rather than create a new one for that purpose. An exception to the rule applies to a situation where a member wants to address the content of separate individual posts from different members. For example, the first point addresses the content of member A's post; the subsequent post addresses the content of member B's post.

Posts that serve no purpose other than to increase one's post count are considered spam. For example, if someone asks a question and you reply just to say you don't know the answer, or create "test" threads or posts, this will be considered spam. If you want to test your signature picture/text, you can do that in any thread where you have already posted. Every time you edit and save a change in your Profile, simply hit your browser’s "refresh" button in a thread in which you have posted. Your account will have been updated across every post you have ever written.

Welcome back, Dude. :)

This year, Jerruh, the GM-Owner-HC, has decided that getting rid of the 'bad attitudes' will reap tremendous dividends on the field.

Yes, despite getting rid of a guy who accounted for about 40% of their offense and a majority of their TD's, Jerruh decided to let him go.

Then, Jerruh, the brilliant owner that he is, decided he would NOT spend any money for any free agents out there (personally, I don't think he had the resources to spring for anyone talented...but that's for another thread.) No, Jerruh decided that replacing a fossil lb with another re-tread was all the team really needed...and that Canty fella? Well, Jerruh must have known he'd get hurt.

And, finally, Jerruh went into draft day, full guns ablazin'! Yes, so what if he'd traded away his #1...he had a stable full of late picks that he KNEW would develop into gems. But, as training camp has shown, those 'gems' look like a bunch of fodder...especially when you notice special teams play.

Yes, when the pukes go down hard and early, please remember that you read it here first.

:rotflmao:

:owned:

I think Adrian Peterson will dismantle them. The Cowboys have never been accused of being a good tackling team. Minus Brooking.

But they do have the longest active streak in the NFL for not allowing a 100 yard rusher...

But they do have the longest active streak in the NFL for not allowing a 100 yard rusher...

Not to mention that they're playing a white-hot level. They can do no wrong it seems over the past month (with the exception of the Vick to Maclin TD). I certainly can't remember the last time I saw a Cowboys defense playing at this level.

Even as just a football fan in general, it truly is fun to watch defense played at such a level. Now, can they play at this level forever? Unlikely. But I'm going to enjoy watching every second of it while it lasts.

Fair enough, Pope. F the Cowboys regardless. Healthy bastages.

I wanted to start this off with a matter of agreement. :D

Nevermind that anyone who disagrees with him must, of course, be a Cowboys fan even though he seems to have some unhealthy fascination with the team.
Obsession is the term I would use, Nick. I'm telling you the man has blue and silver peejays. (With stars on the footies.)

All that follows is available in the Read Me post at the top of the forum.

Let’s be fair and yet direct about it: things that have been planted for many months are not going to vanish overnight---such as thse kind of generalized editorial responses to tr1’s accumulated posting content. They are the other side to the "glad you're here, tr1" and every bit as valid.

However, as some changes to such posting content as that of tr1's are called for in ATN (as quoted below)…

ES rules will be more stringently employed and with greater flexibility, particularly those on trolling and spamming.
Other mod tools, such as merging/closing threads, will be used as deemed necessary. Example: if any poster (homeboy or rival fan) starts numerous new threads on any single team during a week, even from different articles, they may be merged into one re-titled thread.

...so too are changes to some kinds of responses going to be more required. Once so informed, adherence of a single poster directly and deeply involved in these matters is much easier than the change of many involved much more peripherally and who have to “catch up.” But the below quotes from the Read Me address this:

Accordingly, certain kinds of former slack will no longer be as available. For example, certain kinds of attacks on a posters style or character, or “hounding” a given poster will be more risky.

To be specific again, the best deal would be to hold tr1 (in this case) accountable for the specific things he says in his posts as currently underway in specific threads (just as with any poster) and avoid the general characterizations. But much time was spent sowing these seeds and reaping what was sown will likely not go away quickly or completely. That is understandable. It only becomes "hounding", or an actual issue, when a mod says it does. :)

You need to brush up on the new rules, my friends.

There are no "new" rules; this is incorrect. Read the post. tr1, your recent week off was partly due to ignoring the quote below from the Read Me and once again incorrectly telling a Redskins fan in the Stadium---whose ”agenda” (or “consistent and fixed point of view on a football topic”) disturbs you---that he broke a rule in his response to numerous posts you made directly to him. By the way, many of those posts of yours were as much about “baiting” based on merit of your premises as they were based on any honest “debate” in this moderator's (and others') view, though that played no role (this time) in the action.

Posters in ATN who are not mods are discouraged from "playing sheriff." Report violations when appropriate. Members informing other members of the rules when appropriate and helping to police the board has been an encouraged and helpful part of ES for some time. But in ATN it has become so abused it has become worse than useless, it has become just another problem. So do it sparsely, do it correctly, and if you're the least bit unsure don't do it all and simply report the post. Any further mod directives for any poster will be added at our discretion to achieve site goals, and can apply to posts made in any ES forum.

And here you are, doing it again (one of several such recent incidents), and like last time, saying things that aren’t correct. So to help keep you from getting banned (and to remind all to use discretion in general) let me put it this way—stop it. :)

Mods will label people trolls, dupe accts, or “rule-breakers.” Mods will tell them when they’re off-topic. Not you. We’ll monitor, issue warnings, or take actions—not you. If any moderator takes any action or doesn’t take any action, that’s the end of the story. If you believe a rule has been broken, use the report-a-post feature. If that feature becomes abused that, we know how to handle it, too, as it's happened in the past. :)

And, I hope to everyone’s relief and enjoyment, I am not going to keep appearing in threads to explain these things. If someone posts something that requires being addressed, it will be so, and if it is not, that's that.

For everyone else, do feel free to suggest reading the Read Me post. :D

Most importantly, always, :dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

:helmet: :cool2:

Does anyone else hear the music from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" in their head when reading Jumbo's posts?

Predicting records at the beginning of the season is difficult. Even the newspapers pick the previous years division winner to repeat most of the time, and they're only wrong about half the time. No, I don't have stats to back that up. But the pukes were supposed to be the 3rd best team in the division this year, and finish right around 9-7. And everything was on track for that to happen when they went to NO. I still thought the Eagles were gonna kick their ass in Week 17, which just shows you that we can watch these teams all year, and still have no idea how good they are.

Lastly, welcome back tr1. :)

Does anyone else hear the music from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" in their head when reading Jumbo's posts?

Predicting records at the beginning of the season is difficult. Even the newspapers pick the previous years division winner to repeat most of the time, and they're only wrong about half the time. No, I don't have stats to back that up. But the pukes were supposed to be the 3rd best team in the division this year, and finish right around 9-7. And everything was on track for that to happen when they went to NO. I still thought the Eagles were gonna kick their ass in Week 17, which just shows you that we can watch these teams all year, and still have no idea how good they are.

Lastly, welcome back tr1. :)

I love that pro-active approach that Jumbo is taking.

It is extremely refreshing to just talk about football, about our teams with rivals, not having to worry about crossing the line because of perceived (incorrectly or not) personal attacks.

Much, much more civil around here.

It sucked having to wade through post after post of rolling smileys, pictures of monkeys, etc to get to pertinent info.

Not to mention that they're playing a white-hot level. They can do no wrong it seems over the past month (with the exception of the Vick to Maclin TD). I certainly can't remember the last time I saw a Cowboys defense playing at this level.

Even as just a football fan in general, it truly is fun to watch defense played at such a level. Now, can they play at this level forever? Unlikely. But I'm going to enjoy watching every second of it while it lasts.

Think you just broke the record using the word level most times in a post.

Goodbye.

Scoring Summary

FIRST QUARTER DAL MIN

TD 04:04 Sidney Rice 47 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 0 7

SECOND QUARTER DAL MIN

FG 12:11 Shaun Suisham 33 Yd 3 7

TD 07:23 Sidney Rice 16 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 14

FG 03:46 Ryan Longwell 23 Yd 3 17

FOURTH QUARTER DAL MIN

FG 14:23 Ryan Longwell 28 Yd 3 20

TD 07:32 Sidney Rice 45 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 27

TD 01:55 Visanthe Shiancoe 11 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 34

Goodbye.

Scoring Summary

FIRST QUARTER DAL MIN

TD 04:04 Sidney Rice 47 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 0 7

SECOND QUARTER DAL MIN

FG 12:11 Shaun Suisham 33 Yd 3 7

TD 07:23 Sidney Rice 16 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 14

FG 03:46 Ryan Longwell 23 Yd 3 17

FOURTH QUARTER DAL MIN

FG 14:23 Ryan Longwell 28 Yd 3 20

TD 07:32 Sidney Rice 45 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 27

TD 01:55 Visanthe Shiancoe 11 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick) 3 34

But, but, but they are white hot!! Not red but white!

Baring major injury (like the one to Romo sits to pee's throwing hand last year) I think the Cowboys are a 11-5 team looking at a 2nd round playoff exit

Sometimes I hate being right. They Cowboys are a good team but they really need to rework that offensive line. Once Flozell went down that game was totally over and I knew it.

Sometimes I hate being right. They Cowboys are a good team but they really need to rework that offensive line. Once Flozell went down that game was totally over and I knew it.

I have watched every Cowboy game and all but one Vikings game this year and I have to tell you that their dominance of our O-Line was the most shocking part of the whole blowout.

I mean, they absolutely destroyed us in the trenches.

I have watched every Cowboy game and all but one Vikings game this year and I have to tell you that their dominance of our O-Line was the most shocking part of the whole blowout.

I mean, they absolutely destroyed us in the trenches.

They dismantled our front 5 and more. Allen, Edwards and the Williams boys brought their lunch pails to work and got consistent pressure on Tony all day. I was shocked at the pressure they applied all day.

Their D is legit.

They dismantled our front 5 and more. Allen, Edwards and the Williams boys brought their lunch pails to work and got consistent pressure on Tony all day. I was shocked at the pressure they applied all day.

Their D is legit.

That was the one instance this week where it seemed like the bye really really a difference. The Vike's D-line seemed to wear down at the end of the season. They had early September energy yesterday. And once they got a lead and know that the Cowboys had to pass, it was over.

I actually thought the Cowboys' o-line was holding their own for a quarter and a half or so. That second TD seemed to change everything.

Their D is legit.

I was trying to tell all you puke fans that their D is amazing. Especially in that dome. They lead the league in sacks and had the number two rush defense. Was not surprised at all you all got manhandled. Thats the best D line in football by a long shot.

I was trying to tell all you puke fans that their D is amazing. Especially in that dome. They lead the league in sacks and had the number two rush defense. Was not surprised at all you all got manhandled. Thats the best D line in football by a long shot.

That was true in October. I think over the last 5 games, they had something like 7 sacks.

Apparently, the conventional wisdom in football now is that you CAN turn it on again after turning it off. Whatever "it" is.

Archived