Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for Tarvavaris Jackson

GritzRgreat

Forget the wildcat.

Championship teams don't win on that but on being able to execute a true passing offense :)

Jackson is just another raw athlete trying to learn to be an NFL quarterback which puts him in much the same circumstance as Colt Brennan.

I doubt Jackson would be the #2 here. In a fair competition, Collins would beat him out for the backup job.

Middle round pick?

We got Jarmon for a #3 pick.

Do you want to give up a #4 and a chance to add another guy like him or send the pick to Minnesota for a guy that has question marks about his future?

If Campbell is the real deal the Redskins don't need Jackson.

If Campbell is NOT the real deal, Shanahan will be here in 2010 and he will go out and either draft or trade for a quarterback who is an accurate pocket passer for his modified WCO.

Does that sound like Jackson?

I would not want him at all regardless of the pick we might offer. I wanted Drew Brees two years ago when the front office could have signed him as he was coming off shoulder surgery. New Orleans was smart and our front office blew it in the off season. Do you see any more Drew Bree's types available now? If so, then go for someone who seems similar to him.

I'm with others who aren't believers in Jason, but feel he's a MUCH better option than Tavaris.

While Tavaris seems to be gifted athletically, I'm not sold on him as a Quarterback at all. JC, with what I consider to be his faults, is much more polished at the position. Why we'd bring Jackson into this situation.......totally unproven, in a new system, with as little as he brings to the table is beyond my comprehension.

Rumor has it that T. Jackson is up for trade. Should the Skins offer up a mid to late round pick for the former starting Minnesota QB? I understand he is

not exactly a world beater but he did help lead his team to the playoffs,and is familiar with the WC offense. Its no secert the skins were looking to acquire a QB in the offseason. Jackson would bring a little insurance if Campbell is not resigned next season.

omgwtf_eyes.gif

Rumor has it that T. Jackson is up for trade. Should the Skins offer up a mid to late round pick for the former starting Minnesota QB? I understand he is

not exactly a world beater but he did help lead his team to the playoffs,and is familiar with the WC offense. Its no secert the skins were looking to acquire a QB in the offseason. Jackson would bring a little insurance if Campbell is not resigned next season.

Maybe T-Jack won't be the odd man out afterall?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/22/childress-tarvaris-jackson-perfect-in-vikings-preseason-game/

Vikings coach Brad Childress with a single word.

"Perfect," Childress said. "Look up the numbers. It was perfect. That's what the numbers say. He was perfect."

And indeed he was. Jackson's quarterback rating for the game was a 158.3, which is the highest number attainable by the byzantine formula that calculates that statistic. He completed 12-of-15 passes for 202 yards and two touchdowns,

Maybe T-Jack won't be the odd man out afterall?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/22/childress-tarvaris-jackson-perfect-in-vikings-preseason-game/

Vikings coach Brad Childress with a single word.

"Perfect," Childress said. "Look up the numbers. It was perfect. That's what the numbers say. He was perfect."

And indeed he was. Jackson's quarterback rating for the game was a 158.3, which is the highest number attainable by the byzantine formula that calculates that statistic. He completed 12-of-15 passes for 202 yards and two touchdowns,

I always thought he had tremendous upside. The man has potential!

He's still very young. I'm not saying he is the right guy for us, but I'd rather have him for the wildcat than Vick.

Again, I don't think we should get him, but he could be right for another team. I hope he has a good career.

HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHHA

thanks I needed that

Archived