Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the best way to get spray paint off a car? now w/pics

Turban Beardface

So I come home this evening to find my car covered in spray paint. Wheels, roof, trunk, windshield, emblems. I'm wondering what the best way to get it off would be, i can probably use paint thinner on the wheels. The cop suggested a rubbing compound to take the top layer of clearcoat off...i don't know though. I don't understand how people can do crap like this to others property, just infuriates me.

So I come home this evening to find my car covered in spray paint. Wheels, roof, trunk, windshield, emblems. I'm wondering what the best way to get it off would be, i can probably use paint thinner on the wheels. The cop suggested a rubbing compound to take the top layer of clearcoat off...i don't know though. I don't understand how people can do crap like this to others property, just infuriates me.

What girl did you piss off.

I had someone spray paint my work van once, I took it off with some soft scrub, water and VERY gently scrubbed with the rough end of the scotch brite no scratch pads. (the blue ones). Did not seen to harm the clearcoat at all and took the spray paint right off.

Also should ask what type of spray paint, if it is a powder based like Miss Utility marks the streets with, water and a soft bristle brush will clean that up. (somebody spray painted a wall at my old house with that.)

As far as magic erasers go they will destroy a clear coat finish, no matter how hard you buff it will remain dull.

Also i would keep it out of the sun as much as possible as the sun will help the spray paint form a better bond with your cars paint.

I had someone spray paint my work van once, I took it off with some soft scrub, water and VERY gently scrubbed with the rough end of the scotch brite no scratch pads. (the blue ones). Did not seen to harm the clearcoat at all and took the spray paint right off.

Also should ask what type of spray paint, if it is a powder based like Miss Utility marks the streets with, water and a soft bristle brush will clean that up. (somebody spray painted a wall at my old house with that.)

As far as magic erasers go they will destroy a clear coat finish, no matter how hard you buff it will remain dull.

Also i would keep it out of the sun as much as possible as the sun will help the spray paint form a better bond with your cars paint.

A: You got it at work and home ? You must have really pissed her off.

B: What color was the work van ? Because soft scrub still has abrasives in it.

WD-40 is the safest thing to try if it isn't baked on yet.

enamel reducer will take it right off but ya gotta be careful with that.

I'm with twa, if I recall correctly he's got mad paint skills.

I would just use the force
Try deer piss.

Of course I wouldn't rule out either one of these options either.

:rotflmao:

Archived