Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

www.therx.com

Ticketgate is all they are talking about with this game.

A few weeks ago.....the Giants were supposed to walk all over Chicago.

Then the Plaxico incident happened, and they walked right into a buzzsaw.

Many are predicting the same thing tonight.

Ah thanks but I meant the booking sites.

I'm hesitant to dive into one that I don't know is reliable because I have heard of alot of problems about getting your winnings.

Maybe it has something to do with Portis, Rogers, Haynesworth, and Fletcher not playing?

Nah. The line was 3 pts until two days ago.

Most teams don't play starters for more than a few series in the fourth game. Everyone knew we weren't playing starters tonight 5 years ago.

This is ticketgate related.

Edited by McD5

Ah thanks but I meant the booking sites.

I'm hesitant to dive into one that I don't know is reliable because I have heard of alot of problems about getting your winnings.

I think they are all about the same.

Any of the bigger named ones.

why would any of the players care about ticketgate?

the line is moving because more people are betting on the jags.

In the case of the Giants game....the players spent all week with microphones in their faces, being asked about Plaxico and his court hearing. Instead of focusing on the game.

I haven't seen that with any Skins players.

But certainly it would qualify as a pretty big, poorly-timed distraction to some levels of the franchise.

No care about the final score.....road game.....heat with the franchise all over the paper and airwaves.....not wanting to get anyone injured, often times leads to laying an egg.

That is what Vegas is seeing in way of betting.

Only time will tell. But interesting.

Edited by McD5

In the case of the Giants game....the players spent all week with microphones in their faces, being asked about Plaxico and his court hearing. Instead of focusing on the game.

I haven't seen that with any Skins players.

But certainly it would qualify as a pretty big, poorly timed distraction to some levels of the franchise.

Well, unless those tickets that are causing such a ruckus can tackle, catch, pass or kick I don't see how it has any influence on the players and causing a distraction.

Well, unless those tickets that are causing such a ruckus can tackle, catch, pass or kick I don't see how it has any influence on the players and causing a distraction.

That would certainly seem to be the case....but it wasn't like Plax was going to play right after the court date.

Big distraction, nothing more. That's all. That is what the line is saying.

Like right this second....do you believe Dan is thinking about the final score....or about a pr nightmare? Prob a pr nightmare.

Now...just as long as the coaches and players are focused, the negative effects should be tempered.

Edited by McD5

That would certainly seem to be the case....but it wasn't like Plax was going to play right after the court date.

Like right this second....do you believe Dan is thinking about the final score....or about a pr nightmare? Prob a pr nightmare.

Now...just as long as the coaches and players are focused, the negative effects should be tempered.

are you for real? you really think the players know/care?

are you for real? you really think the players know/care?

Do I think that 90% of the players on the team are aware that the Skins are being dragged through the mud in the local paper, radio stations and some websites?

Of course. 100%. You don't?

Do they care? I hope not. I hope it isn't a big distraction.

The chance that players are taking mental breaks from tonight's plan, to check the internet for any updates....certainly seems possible. And hence, the line movement since the story broke.

It's human nature.

Edited by McD5

You already answered your own question in regards to Plax. The players had mics shoved in their face all week. Hence a real distraction.

As far as Snyder goes. When has he cared about his public image?

Do I think that 90% of the players on the team are aware that the Skins are being dragged through the mud in the local paper, radio stations and some websites?

Of course. 100%. You don't?

Do they care? I hope not. I hope it isn't a big distraction.

i think they might know, but I would bet they really dont care. they are more worried about a roster spot.

edit: saw your edit. I dont think for a second anyone on the team is checking the internet for updates. :laugh:

Edited by skinsaddict