Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about my moral compass? Gibbs related

bishtw

I'm a huge autograph hound when it comes to my favorite teams, Caps, Braves, Wizards, and of course the Skins. This last Sat. at training camp I got twelve rookie cards, 2 jerseys, a skins hat, the program, a skins football, my VIP pass as well as the tee shrits the threw out to the crowd signed. 31 autos in all.

Well I just bought a ticket to an event Coach Gibbs is speaking at for $21. I have a ton of Gibbs items I want signed but was only gonna take like 3.

This is the problem, my GF says that it would be wrong to even ask.....because the event is at a church service. I don't see anything wrong with it if I wait around untill church is over. She says I have no moral compass.

So I ask other skins fans, am I hell bound, is this the wrong place, wrong time? I just don't know how many times I'll actually get to meet Coach.. go ahead let me have it?

I really don't think God will care. Churchgoers will.

just bring 1 item, a small item, and wait until after the event or as late as possible. trust me, you won't be the only one looking for an autograph

edit: oh, hes charging for the event? autographs are definitely fair game imo then.

He has lots of events that he does, you could probably do a couple a year and get everything signed.

But at the church probably is not the right place to do so.

Maybe you could try and get in contact with him and see where that takes you.

I've have though JGR and they say he and Denny Hamlin arn't taking any more more auto request due to a back log, I have already got stuff back from Joey Logano and Kyle Busch though.

Depends on the event. If it's a motivational event where he is sharing his faith in God and how it shaped his life and how if can help others, yup it's the wrong place and time.

Its at a Chruch on Sunday but they are selling tickets and its to promote his new book.

hell, just bring something. If you see him signing autographs, approach. If not, then you can pretend you never intended to bother him for one.

lol, thats such a simple anwser I feel stupid for not considering it myself.

But it still doesn't say if I am f'd up morally for considering it in the 1st place.

I just bought a ticket to an event Coach Gibbs is speaking at for $21.

This is the problem, my GF says that it would be wrong to even ask.....because the event is at a church service.

If you paid $21, its not a worship service. Not to say that it isn't a Christian event, but its not a worship service. I wouldn't feel weird about asking him if its ok.

hell, just bring something. If you see him signing autographs, approach. If not, then you can pretend you never intended to bother him for one.
lol, thats such a simple anwser I feel stupid for not considering it myself.

But it still doesn't say if I am f'd up morally for considering it in the 1st place.

i agree with pokerpacker. keep it discreet, although if you see a bunch of people lining up then who really cares? i dont think that you are morally f'ed up for wanting his autograph. many people do.

im not one for autographs myself. i think it would be much cooler just to walk up to coach gibbs, introduce myself, shake his hand, and tell him how much i appreciate everything he did for the skins.

I'm a huge autograph hound when it comes to my favorite teams, Caps, Braves, Wizards, and of course the Skins. This last Sat. at training camp I got twelve rookie cards, 2 jerseys, a skins hat, the program, a skins football, my VIP pass as well as the tee shrits the threw out to the crowd signed. 31 autos in all.

Well I just bought a ticket to an event Coach Gibbs is speaking at for $21. I have a ton of Gibbs items I want signed but was only gonna take like 3.

This is the problem, my GF says that it would be wrong to even ask.....because the event is at a church service. I don't see anything wrong with it if I wait around untill church is over. She says I have no moral compass.

So I ask other skins fans, am I hell bound, is this the wrong place, wrong time? I just don't know how many times I'll actually get to meet Coach.. go ahead let me have it?

Get him to sign your Bible.

Problem solved :)

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

I met Dale Murphy when I was 6 in 83 when he won his 1st MVP and he became my favorite player thus the Braves my favorite team. DC or VA didn't have a team felt know loyalty to the O's.

Tried to root for the Nats at first but after 20 years with Atlanta could do it.

Archived