Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Colt Brennan is fallible

twenty-eight

btw, I went to 5 practices, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fan Apprciation day. And I don't care who plays QB.

VOR ... based upon what you witnessed in real time ... can you state catagorically JC was noticeably superior to the others? Are you comfortable with JC starting the season at QB ... or are you ambiguous?

Umm. Yes.

It's called use of vision and judgment. Just go ask anyone who went if you don't wanna believe me.

JC got the majority of the reps in drills BUT, CB5 and TC got even reps. At times CB5 started with the 2nd team and at times TC started with the 2nd team. Zorn can say that TC is the #2 guy and CB5 is competing with Chase but, if CB5 plays out of his mind like he is capable of playing, he has a chance at the #2 spot.

I went to 4 BTW: Fri, Tues, Weds, Thurs

VOR ... based upon what you witnessed in real time ... can you state catagorically JC was noticeably superior to the others? Are you comfortable with JC starting the season at QB ... or are you ambiguous?

I Know VOR can post for himself. But I'll quote him, JC is LIGHT years ahead of all are QBs.

VOR will answer, but different opinions are always interesting.

The other QBs had their days. Some days CB5 was on fire while JC was just solid. But, yes, overall, JC was noticeably better to the others.

IMO

pocampo in the Cult thread said something I truly believe:

"I think we see a different Colt. I'm used to seeing Colt move the pocket pick is WR then throwing it. Not anymore, we should see him drop back from center stay in the pocket moving his head going through is progression, then throwing to a guy that goes to what ever spot the play calls for. No more Improvising while is WRs run to a opening. This O is a lot more mechanical everything has a purpose. This WCO O is a planned game. So to me it looks like CB5 is doing everthing the coach wants him to do. He is under orders. Thats why expect him to be uncomfortable till he gets used to it. Colt will in all honestly stuggle with this till it becomes second nature to him. So the flare where use to won't be there. So right now he has to prove he can follow orders rather then just throw TDs like where use to. Hope he can adapt. But like last year Colt still has a lot to prove."

OMG, Brennan threw a pick!!! END OF THE WORLD! Seriously, we all knew that he was going to throw a pick at some point, so why is this a big deal at all? Why was a Romo sits to pee incompletion big news in the ATN forum last offseason? Jason threw a few picks? Who cares?

I'm not pro Campbell, I'm not pro Brennan, I'm pro-Redskins, as the rest of you should be, and this little "war" is just stupid.

part of being a great qb is to inspire confidence. Campblll is a great guy and all but his layed back atitude is like

"'well you know, i don 't really worry bout nuthin i leave dat to udderfolks. we jus gotta focus on whas really importan and thas winnun an gittin better. we really is improved a lot dis year and i think dat most of da fans are gonna rally roun us cause you know, havin' great fans is all part of da nfl"

sounds just like campbell doesn't have it. no excitement. monotone voice. no rah rah. no ree ree. no rasmatz. nothing but a bland stare and bland delivery. who in the hell can get inspired by that. if jason campbell can't inspire with his voice and speech then there is only one thing left and thats his play. and he has about 2 games to prove he can play before the coaches go with somebody else and that could be collins or colt.

i am waiting for preseason to start so we can see which case its gonna be. im pulling for him but his unintelligent speech and uninspiring manner doesn't lead me to believe that he is a leader who will force his team to step up. i predict that campbell is going to see slightly improved numbers if he starts the whole season but thats IT. I doubt he reaches 20 td passes but if he does the skins are headed to the playoffs with that defense. then maybe next year Colt gets a chance to be considered. well see.

part of being a great qb is to inspire confidence. Campblll is a great guy and all but his layed back atitude is like

"'well you know, i don 't really worry bout nuthin i leave dat to udderfolks. we jus gotta focus on whas really importan and thas winnun an gittin better. we really is improved a lot dis year and i think dat most of da fans are gonna rally roun us cause you know, havin' great fans is all part of da nfl"

sounds just like campbell doesn't have it. no excitement. monotone voice. no rah rah. no ree ree. no rasmatz. nothing but a bland stare and bland delivery. who in the hell can get inspired by that. if jason campbell can't inspire with his voice and speech then there is only one thing left and thats his play. and he has about 2 games to prove he can play before the coaches go with somebody else and that could be collins or colt.

i am waiting for preseason to start so we can see which case its gonna be. im pulling for him but his unintelligent speech and uninspiring manner doesn't lead me to believe that he is a leader who will force his team to step up. i predict that campbell is going to see slightly improved numbers if he starts the whole season but thats IT. I doubt he reaches 20 td passes but if he does the skins are headed to the playoffs with that defense. then maybe next year Colt gets a chance to be considered. well see.

I'm glad you were able to interview the players and get their consensus about whether or not Jason Campbell can inspire them during game time, not to mention finding time to throw a little black stereotype language in there to boot :thumbsup:...

I'm glad you were able to interview the players and get their consensus about whether or not Jason Campbell can inspire them during game time, not to mention finding time to throw a little black stereotype language in there to boot ...p

Campbell's stoic personality gives bad first impressions to many in a society that finds most introverted behavior to be awkward. Of course, they do find a way to establish relationships, but its much more 'undercover'.

I have a gut feeling we are all in for a big disappointment with Colt this preseaon. I want to be wrong on this but I feel, last preseaon was just a fluke.

Big disappointment if you think he is going to light a fire under the fans, maybe.

That fire is already lit. What we want him to do is stoke it with Zornalene.

Big disappointment if you think he is going to light a fire under the fans, maybe.

That fire is already lit. What we want him to do is stoke it with Zornalene.

who cares if he lit a fire under tha fans that is irrelevant. I'd rather have mike Vick as the QB if he brings the superbowl back to D.C.

Zorn and FO will not give Colt the starting job unless he completely dominates the field. The skins go up a against the Ravens, Steelers, and Pats, all with great depth, especially at defense.

I'm not sure Colt will do anything that will show the coaches he should be the starter. They already back tracked about He and Todd fighting for the #2 spot. Now its a race between Chase vs Colt for the #3 spot.

Hold on, you're basing Campbell's season on the way he speaks???

I've heard some really outlandish speculation but you take the cake my friend.

Who are you and what have you done with Soup?

I like Colt, but I just worry he's the next gut punch, in an endless stream that I've had to live with because of this team. I'm just preparing for the worst so if he does well, I don't have to have that sick feeling in my stomach

I heard Falco stunk it up bad during camp... Now with a gimp Mason you'll see your glory boy for what he really is.

This is why your post is 100% incorrect. You talk about "inspire", inspire who? The media? Why should he give rah rah speeches to the media? Seems kind of stupid to me. Do you have any proof that he interacts with his teammates/coaches like this?

If Colt's upcoming preseason is as good as it was last year, show Campbell the door!

No but seriously..... I'm behind Jason 100% but just have this uneasy feeling he is not going to get it done this year. I hope I'm wrong but I'm also anxious to see what Colt can do out there.

I like Colt, but I just worry he's the next gut punch, in an endless stream that I've had to live with because of this team. I'm just preparing for the worst so if he does well, I don't have to have that sick feeling in my stomach

I heard Falco stunk it up bad during camp... Now with a gimp Mason you'll see your glory boy for what he really is.

Woah dude, was it something I said?

It's funny that you would question Mason's health considering what he did with one arm last year.

On what happened with WR Derrick Mason today at practice: “He probably jammed [his finger]. We’ll see. They are going to X-ray it. We don’t anticipate any problems.”

Most reports that I've read said things are looking good and some of the younger WRs are stepping up, but there have been some rough days for the offense. (Or good days for the defense depending upon how you look at it.)

“I’d be concerned if he weren’t throwing some interceptions, because now’s the time to test your limits,”[Cam] Cameron explained

“Then, as the season approaches, and obviously it starts to change. Now, if he’s doing it every snap, which he’s not doing that, [i’d be concerned].

“I remember Philip Rivers throwing four [interceptions] in a row one day, and I remember [then-Chargers head coach] Marty Schottenheimer coming over saying, ‘What the :censored: is going on?’” Cameron reminisced with a laugh. “And I said, ‘Coach, that’s the best thing that can happen to this kid.’

Now I could make some snarky comment about how at least I know I can see my qb play in the regular season, but I'm not mean. :silly: At least not usually.

I can honestly say that part of the reason I'm dissapointed that I'm going to miss this game is the Redskins quarterback controversy. I was getting excited about seeing all four of them. *Sigh*

I vividly remember another soft spoken, uninspiring, southern gentleman that played QB for the Redskins who threw 4-TD's in one of the single greatest performances in Superbowl history.

:helmet:

Archived