Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Colt Brennan is fallible

twenty-eight

Not as many hours of tape as Danny Wuerffel being great. Putting up huge numbers in college is always a sign you will be a great pro. Although it's not nearly as important a factor as how you do in the 4th quarter of preseason games.

I believe the difference is that Colt came out of college with the best accuracy percentage of all time 70.4%. With the amount of passes he threw, that is 7-10, 70-100, 704-1000. That is not something to sneeze at.

I believe the difference is that Colt came out of college with the best accuracy percentage of all time 70.4%. With the amount of passes he threw, that is 7-10, 70-100, 704-1000. That is not something to sneeze at.

Its not something to sneeze at and I think reasonable people would agree that there is a chance his skills would translate nicely to the pro level. I also believe reasonable people would agree that Colt Brennan has done quite nicely in the limited action he has seen to date in a burgundy and gold uniform.

HOWEVER, neither Colt's college stats, his nice performances in 2 preseason games, nor his cool visor form a solid foundation upon which someone can argue with a high degree of certainty that he will be a good quarterback, let alone a Pro Bowl quarterback. Unfortunately, certain wanna-be scouts have transformed their hopes into unrealistic expectations and unfounded certitude.

:rotflmao:...Yes, he has. They ALL have. I remember reading where Jeremy Jarmon batted down one of his passes last week, for example.

For what it's worth, last year to this year the number of batted balls from Colt has come down, as far as I can tell. I remember last year it seemed like it was 1 out of ever 4 or 5 passes that was ending up back in his face.

This year, all the QBs are about the same.

So, in my book, a marked improvement.

For what it's worth. Which is probably not much.

Link please!

Dude, some trust is needed, especially when some of these comments are from actually going to the practice and seeing it with your own eyes.

My comments above are what I witnessed, and there is no quote to back it up. Just my eyes and brain.

Which, might/might not be right. but it's what I think I saw.

And one that I KNOW that I saw was in the scrimmage. I don't remember who it was, but somebody knocked down one of CB's passes.

But it doesn't matter. Unless it's a habbit, like last year, it's really not a big deal. In my opinion, and my opinion only.

That's great but Danny Wuerffel finished as the highest rated QB in college history with the highest TD % in college history. Look, I'm not saying that Colt Brennan isn't going to be the greatest QB in NFL history. I'm a big Colt fan but the college game isn't the Pro game. He hasn't done a single thing to dampen my enthusiasm but he's no different than Babe Laufenberg was at this point in their respective Pro careers. One really good preseason game against scrubs doesn't mean jack at this point. Until he is doing this against the big boys I'm going to remain skeptical. Color me encouraged but far from convinced.

Dude, some trust is needed, especially when some of these comments are from actually going to the practice and seeing it with your own eyes.

My comments above are what I witnessed, and there is no quote to back it up. Just my eyes and brain.

And one that I KNOW that I saw was in the scrimmage. I don't remember who it was, but somebody knocked down one of CB's passes.

But it doesn't matter. Unless it's a habbit, like last year, it's really not a big deal. In my opinion, and my opinion only.

Oh jeez, Amazing how you can respond to a misinformed poster and and it becomes such a big deal. VOR, I know you have been there! I was actually responding based on your info. Your post are some of the most credible reports, and I know your NOT a Colt fan, even though you try to stay MEDIUM. Bottom line tomorrow is showtime and we all get to see with our own eyes!:logo:

It is interesting that Colt thinks he is having a good camp because a couple of weeks ago I could have sworn I heard Zorn complaining about his foot work , and another commentator saying if only he could see over the line a little better he could make some plays .

Colt is the No.3 at the moment so he is getting the No.3's allotment of plays, which isn't a lot .

On thing I have heard a lot of is the number of Colts passes being batted down at the line or being tipped ...

Just saying

Now that I looked up the meaning of "just sayin" in the Urban Dictionary, I understand that information presented as facts aren't facts. So, I accept your comments as "just saying." Thanks for letting me clarify this.

1. Just Sayin'

This term is used after you inject your statement/opinion into a conversation. Generally, this statement/opinion is non-factual, so by saying "just sayin'", you are clarifying that this statement/opinion is unprovable and it is just a thought off the top of your head.

I know, you were "just saying."

Bottom line tomorrow is showtime and we all get to see with our own eyes!:logo:

Yup, finally some fresh conversation basis is upon us, but regardless of how well [or not so well] Brennan plays, in all likelihood, neither side will give an inch:hysterical:

Yup, finally some fresh conversation basis is upon us, but regardless of how well [or not so well] Brennan plays, in all likelihood, neither side will give an inch:hysterical:
You know we're not gonna! Prediction: Colt is LIGHTS OUT!

Sigh.

This is beyond fanning the flames.

The press is now throwing gasoline on the wildfire.

Jason is got one heck of a chip on this shoulder now..

Amen to that. It won't stop 'til CB is the starter, stinks up the joint, then the clamoring for Chase Daniels will start....:doh:

Ah, but how much time does Colt get?

Just Sayin.:D

HT, here in lies the problem. Colt doesn't know how to stink it up! Once he's in there, and yes he will be in by week 8, everyone will forget that other QB that's had nothing but time and 4 mil a year!

just sayin!

I have a gut feeling we are all in for a big disappointment with Colt this preseaon. I want to be wrong on this but I feel, last preseaon was just a fluke.

Based on how it appears the coach's choose their words when it comes to Colt and my memories of us drafting one of the best college QB ever (HS) I share your "gut feeling".

I sure hope we are both off base with this and we keep Colt and he turns out to be the next superstar QB.

That's great but Danny Wuerffel finished as the highest rated QB in college history with the highest TD % in college history. Look, I'm not saying that Colt Brennan isn't going to be the greatest QB in NFL history. I'm a big Colt fan but the college game isn't the Pro game. He hasn't done a single thing to dampen my enthusiasm but he's no different than Babe Laufenberg was at this point in their respective Pro careers. One really good preseason game against scrubs doesn't mean jack at this point. Until he is doing this against the big boys I'm going to remain skeptical. Color me encouraged but far from convinced.

Colt has had limited chances in game situations in the NFL but played damn good each time. As a matter of fact he lead the team in passer rating etc. last preseason. I know who he played against and I also know who he played with. Point is the kid is a winner and looks the part, period.

Colt has had limited chances in game situations in the NFL but played damn good each time. As a matter of fact he lead the team in passer rating etc. last preseason. I know who he played against and I also know who he played with. Point is the kid is a winner and looks the part, period.
3rd highest rated passer in the pre season last year and even Skins fans still dis him? WTF? WVTB, you and your girl are welcome at my place anytime in Wailea, ( I have a vacation rental!:hysterical:) Manana, Colt does the talking!:point2sky

Archived