Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Drummer/Most Talented in the Current Era?

skinsfan07

So drum heads I have a question for you. My son is infatuated with drums and I'm thinking about getting him a set for Christmas. Now he's only three years old but will be closer to four at that time. What's a good starter set of drums for a kid that age?

Everytime we go to his grandparents he grabs the bongo's and beats on them. He has a little play drum with sticks at home that he's always beating on and I've even taught him some simple beats. I personally have tried to learn several times but can't seperate my right hand from my left. I'm hoping he has more success.

We just sat here and watched 4 Gavin Harrison videos and he couldn't take his eyes off the computer, even with Dora on in the background. The whole time he's moving his hands saying "the cymbals crash and the drums go boom!" I love it.

Any suggestions would be great, I just hope he doesn't play jazz. Lol I kid, I kid.

Personally I'd get him a pair of sticks, a drumpad, and a beginner's rhythm and rudiment book. See how that goes first.

eh I just read that he's three. They have children's drum kits, just get one of those. You can get them at any Guitar Center......but if you have any local mom and pop music stores I recommend supporting those before going to a corporate hellhole like Guitar Center where you'll just meet a used car salesman that doesn't know what the hell he's talking about trying to sell you musical equipment.

Archived