Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crabtree wants to be paid according to mock draft

JonsieRB34

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-michaelcrabtree080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I didn't see anyone post a thread for this, so I apologize if someone did - I'm new to the site.

Crabtree just lost a ton of respect in my book. The NFL is all about paychecks, I know, but this story is ridiculous. I don't recall hearing this type of argument from a player, but I sure hope he doesn't set a precedent.

I hope the 49ers call his bluff. I also hope that he drops 4 passes in his first start, and gets booed off the field.

That's really funny. If it works I'm going to get into the business of designing mock drafts and being paid under the table by agents. Surely, they'll pony up for the extra bucks each slot is worth. Heck, I'll hold an auction. Highest bidder goes No. 1!!!

Crabtree should in all likelihood pan out but even before this story came out his one knock was his 'diva attitude' and this seems to bear that out. He's also not going to endear himself to the vets on the team by copping this attitude. Should be interesting to see how he plays in his rookie year.

Archived