Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crabtree Re-Enter Draft???

ZIBBY28

Some reports say he wants top 3 money...

He's not going to get it. Yes I feel he was better than Bey, but the truth of the matter that he was picked 7th and he was 10th. 6/30 million is damn good for a #10 pick. Have to learn how to pick your battles. :doh:

Crabtree was known to be an arrogant guy coming out of college. This isn't that surprising.

He also won't re-enter the draft. Eventually he'll cave more towards the 49ers than they'll cave to him. If he was to re-enter, he'd drop dramatically by next year's draft and be lucky to be a 2nd round pick. He won't risk losing that much.

Crabtree gets all the hype right now, but picks 8 through 12 haven't signed yet either.

What happens when he's not the best WR in the draft next year?

He was the best THIS YEAR...next year maybe not.

I would die laughing if he got drafted AFTER 10 next year...and then say go 15 or even in the 2nd round demanding top 5 money....that'd be beyond epic

We can all ***** and complain about the Rookie salaries, but it is what it is for the time being. It's sort of time to move on

I'm not trying to sound sympathetic to Crabtree, but before the guy broke his foot he was arguably the best prospect in this draft. If you looked at most teams around the league he was in the top 3 of many organizations draft boards.

If Heyward-Bey is worth 23M in guaranteed dollars then Crabtree simply on skill alone is worth 5M then that.

It's an agents job to squeeze every single penny out of an organization. Weather we as fans feel it's sleezy or not is really irrelevent. He has every right (and he should) lean on the fact that Crabtree should still be paid as a top 3 guy. It's not as if the foot injury was some career threating issue where a team could lean on that factor in contract talks.

If Heyward-Bey who is more likely to be an NFL bust then worth 24M guaranteed dollars then Crabtree is easily worth 30M.

We can all ***** and complain about the Rookie salaries, but it is what it is for the time being. It's sort of time to move on

I'm not trying to sound sympathetic to Crabtree, but before the guy broke his foot he was arguably the best prospect in this draft. If you looked at most teams around the league he was in the top 3 of many organizations draft boards.

If Heyward-Bey is worth 23M in guaranteed dollars then Crabtree simply on skill alone is worth 5M then that.

It's an agents job to squeeze every single penny out of an organization. Weather we as fans feel it's sleezy or not is really irrelevent. He has every right (and he should) lean on the fact that Crabtree should still be paid as a top 3 guy. It's not as if the foot injury was some career threating issue where a team could lean on that factor in contract talks.

If Heyward-Bey who is more likely to be an NFL bust then worth 24M guaranteed dollars then Crabtree is easily worth 30M.

Disagree.

He absolutely wasn't a better prospect than Calvin Johnson coming out for the draft (and receivers like Megatron or Fitzgerald are who you take top 3). And Crabtree had an amazing college career, but he played in a super receiver friendly system and already came out with serious questions about his attitude (which have now been somewhat addressed by his holding out).

He probably should have been the first receiver taken, yeah, but he wasn't and even then had he been, he would've still fallen to #7, not top 3 or even top 5.

His agent's being an idiot by keeping him out of camp.

Disagree.

He absolutely wasn't a better prospect than Calvin Johnson coming out for the draft (and receivers like Megatron or Fitzgerald are who you take top 3). And Crabtree had an amazing college career, but he played in a super receiver friendly system and already came out with serious questions about his attitude (which have now been somewhat addressed by his holding out).

He probably should have been the first receiver taken, yeah, but he wasn't and even then had he been, he would've still fallen to #7, not top 3 or even top 5.

His agent's being an idiot by keeping him out of camp.

His agent is ultimatley doing his job. It's not the agents job to get the guy into camp. It's the agents job to get the best business deal possible for his client.

I won't argue that he most likely wasn't a better prospect then Calvin Johnson, but that conversation is really irrelevent. Calvin recieved 28M in guaranteed dollars when he was drafted.

The market for top choices raise every season.

My entire point is that Micheal Crabtree SHOULD demand more then Heyward-Bey. He will be a better pro, and he was a better prospect the numbers prove that.

That fact that his repersentation is using that to get a better deal is ultimatley part of the job.

What's stopping other guys from doing this in future years?

If San Fran caves then so and so will say hey look you drafted me at 11 but the other RB got drafted at 3...are you saying I don't deserve his type money?

This could be ugly later on. San Fran should tell him to ******** take it or go to the 2010 draft. Sorry but this guy hasn't done crap in the NFL - so he was taken where he was taken. Take the money and shut up.

And if he does - I HOPE I REALLY HOPE he drops to the 2nd round or late 1st

His agent is ultimatley doing his job. It's not the agents job to get the guy into camp. It's the agents job to get the best business deal possible for his client.

I won't argue that he most likely wasn't a better prospect then Calvin Johnson, but that conversation is really irrelevent. Calvin recieved 28M in guaranteed dollars when he was drafted.

The market for top choices raise every season.

My entire point is that Micheal Crabtree SHOULD demand more then Heyward-Bey. He will be a better pro, and he was a better prospect the numbers prove that.

That fact that his repersentation is using that to get a better deal is ultimatley part of the job.

It's part of his job, yes.

But ultimately, his job is to set up his client for long term success.

As soon as there's talk about Crabtree holding out and even joking about re-entering the draft next year, his agent isn't really doing his job.

I don't believe Crabtree will end up going that route, but on the small chance he did, he wouldn't see close to the cash he'd get right now even at the 10 slot, because he'd fall out of the first round completely if he held out.

What's stopping other guys from doing this in future years?

If San Fran caves then so and so will say hey look you drafted me at 11 but the other RB got drafted at 3...are you saying I don't deserve his type money?

This could be ugly later on. San Fran should tell him to ******** take it or go to the 2010 draft. Sorry but this guy hasn't done crap in the NFL - so he was taken where he was taken. Take the money and shut up.

And if he does - I HOPE I REALLY HOPE he drops to the 2nd round or late 1st

Caves in?

It's ultimatley a business decision.

Sign your top pick, and put fans into the seats, which generates revenue.

Or

Allow your pick to re-enter the draft and have no one show up.

Caves in?

Or

**** That - Sign your top pick to a contract BIGGER than he was drafted and BIGGER than say the 3-4 guys drafted in front of you. No way.

49ers will put fans in the seat - I mean crap would you like for a player to pull that on us? Would you the be defending him and saying that just sign him?

It's part of his job, yes.

But ultimately, his job is to set up his client for long term success.

As soon as there's talk about Crabtree holding out and even joking about re-entering the draft next year, his agent isn't really doing his job.

I don't believe Crabtree will end up going that route, but on the small chance he did, he wouldn't see close to the cash he'd get right now even at the 10 slot, because he'd fall out of the first round completely if he held out.

His agent is already denying the notion of him re-entering the draft.

His cousin aired this out to the media to try to gain leverage in this process, which was most likely in my opinion a mistake.

Again, I realize this whole process is scummy but I had this same argument with my father.

Caves in?

Or

On the other hand, if he sits out it means he's not playing. He won't get drafted as high and will lose money next year.

Both sides will have to give, they always do. It WILL get done eventually, the sooner the better. The pressure will be greater and the fans will get on his case until he produces. No benefit of doubt when it comes to fans.

Archived