Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crabtree Re-Enter Draft???

ZIBBY28

**** That - Sign your top pick to a contract BIGGER than he was drafted and BIGGER than say the 3-4 guys drafted in front of you. No way.

49ers will put fans in the seat - I mean crap would you like for a player to pull that on us? Would you the be defending him and saying that just sign him?

It's impossible to answer because our organization isn't run like the 49ers.

The 49ers can't sell out football games. The 49ers also don't produce the 2nd largest revenue in the National Football League. Heck , they most likely aren't in the top 20 in revenue in the NFL.

Who are they leaning their marketing on? Shaun Hill? Vernon Davis? Frank Gore?

Crabtree sells jerseys, and brings hope to an organization. Ultimatley, that puts fans into seats.

My point again is I personally feel Micheal Crabtree deserves more money then Heyward-Bey.

On the other hand, if he sits out it means he's not playing. He won't get drafted as high and will lose money next year.

Both sides will have to give, they always do. It WILL get done eventually, the sooner the better. The pressure will be greater and the fans will get on his case until he produces. No benefit of doubt when it comes to fans.

There's also no benefit of the doubt when you allow your first round pick to re-enter a draft, which ultimatley is telling your fans your not trying to win.

I agree, this will get done. But, unfortunatley there is a buisness side to football I realize it's often scummy, but until they meet about this next offseason it is what it is.

It's impossible to answer because our organization isn't run like the 49ers.

The 49ers can't sell out football games. The 49ers also don't produce the 2nd largest revenue in the National Football League. Heck , they most likely aren't in the top 20 in revenue in the NFL.

Who are they leaning their marketing on? Shaun Hill? Vernon Davis? Frank Gore?

Crabtree sells jerseys, and brings hope to an organization. Ultimatley, that puts fans into seats.

My point again is I personally feel Micheal Crabtree deserves more money then Heyward-Bey.

There's the issue. YOU feel like it - but he was not drafted till 10 OVR. Guess what suck it up Crabtree and that's where you were picked so man up

Here's the issue - by this happening what's stopping future guys from saying oh i deserve more than this guy and that guy. I shouldve been drafted in the top 10 but drafted in the 2nd round I demand this amount of money. I mean this will just open up future problems

There's the issue. YOU feel like it - but he was not drafted till 10 OVR. Guess what suck it up Crabtree and that's where you were picked so man up

The issue is obviously Crabtree repersentation feels the same way.

It isn't about "sucking it up". Your basically suggesting that Heyward-Bey is a better WR then Crabtree, which is completley insane. He didn't drop because of his ability he dropped because of poor run organization in Oakland, and a foot injury.

Micheal Crabtree resume (college numbers, value to an organization) proves he's worth more money. Not only at his position, but what he's worth so the 49ers organization.

It isn't about "sucking it up". Your basically suggesting that Heyward-Bey is a better WR then Crabtree, which is completley insane. He didn't drop because of his ability he dropped because of poor run organization in Oakland, and a foot injury.

Micheal Crabtree resume (college numbers, value to an organization) proves he's worth more money. Not only at his position, but what he's worth so the 49ers organization.

OK - so why does that stop there? What's stopping next year of say the 7th OVR saying whoa wait are you saying that I dont deserve top 3 money?

That's the issue - is if pulling this stunt saying oh I am better than _____ you should pay me more than him.

Yeah he's better than Bey but guess what - he was drafted AFTER him - so just take it or watch your stock drop next draft

Say Bradford or Colt go #1 ok and Tebow go #11 - well then using you RESUME theory well who won two national titles? It just will be bad

*not saying Tebow is better matter of fact I hate the guy but I am just trying to make an example

Say Bradford or Colt go #1 ok and Tebow go #11 - well then using you RESUME theory well who won two national titles? It just will be bad

Your confusing what I'm trying to say.

And to answer your question No, Tim Tebow wouldn't deserve to make more $. First off, everyone around the league indentifies Tebow as a great talent, but may not translate into a great NFL QB. He will be paid accordingly.

Colt and Bradford because of NFL attributes (what they bring on their resume) will most likely be picked higher. Even that point can be argued because someone like Graham Harrel, and Chase Daniel both put up great numbers, but their spread attacks turned many organizations off.

OK - so why does that stop there? What's stopping next year of say the 7th OVR saying whoa wait are you saying that I dont deserve top 3 money?

That's the issue - is if pulling this stunt saying oh I am better than _____ you should pay me more than him.

Yeah he's better than Bey but guess what - he was drafted AFTER him - so just take it or watch your stock drop next draft

Let me ask you something.

For pure example sake, lets say you are interviewing with a company.

You and the guy you share an office with both get hired at the same time. You have a masters degree, as well as expierence vs his bachelor degree and no expierence.

Why should that employee deserve a higher compensation then you? Your resume clearly proves you are better to the company (on paper). That company is rewarding you with a higher pay due to your attributes on your resume, which makes the company better.

Bottom line, at best, his only argument is that he's worth the same amount as Heyward-Bey.

He can claim he was a top 3, or top 5, talent all he wants. Except no receiver got picked before the 7th spot.

There's nothing more to argue than that. He's not the perceived talent level he wants to be, and he's arguing something absurd that's hurting him more than anything else.

Not to mention he's not exactly a rock solid pick in his own right; he put up monster stats sure, but he also played in a super receiver friendly system for his abilities, which was part of why some teams weren't so high on him.

It's like Blache said about Orakpo, the only person he's hurting with this is himself. The 49ers will go on with or without Crabtree.

Bottom line, at best, his only argument is that he's worth the same amount as Heyward-Bey.

He can claim he was a top 3, or top 5, talent all he wants. Except no receiver got picked before the 7th spot.

There's nothing more to argue than that. He's not the perceived talent level he wants to be, and he's arguing something absurd that's hurting him more than anything else.

Not to mention he's not exactly a rock solid pick in his own right; he put up monster stats sure, but he also played in a super receiver friendly system for his abilities, which was part of why some teams weren't so high on him.

It's like Blache said about Orakpo, the only person he's hurting with this is himself. The 49ers will go on with or without Crabtree.

Before his foot injury please name a team that wasn't high on the guy?

Would another team really take him higher than 10 next year?

Exactly. If he keeps pulling this crap he could fall out of the 1st round if he were to be drafted again. Then he'd be 1 year without football pay, and be signed to a contract which would be less than he would have gotten.

He needs a new agent.

Before his foot injury please name a team that wasn't high on the guy?
Please find me the teams that were definitely considering him top 3.

Stafford went first. Rams took Jason Smith as their franchise LT. Chiefs took Tyson Jackson as a premiere DE for their new 3-4 for Haley, and they already have Dwayne Bowe. Seahawks took Curry, very possibly the Defensive Rookie of the Year and as much of a sure thing as possible in the entire draft. And the Jets took Sanchez for their potential franchise QB.

So out of those first 5 picks, please tell me where Crabtree was considered? He wasn't going to be top 5, and he's dreaming thinking he should've been over those other guys who made more sense for their teams.

Would another team really take him higher than 10 next year?

No chance in hell. The Niners would own the rights to him all the way until draft day, so nobody would be able to work him out. Just stfu and sign a deal Crabtree. Atleast when John Elway threatened to sit out, he had baseball to fall back on.

Why are wide receivers such primadonnas?

I don't have links to back it up (I can look), but I remember Crabtree's stock falling because he was acting like a prima donna and didn't interview well. Every few years there is an elite WR prospect that "can't miss" that ends up being a bust.

Maybe he will be awesome, but I always questioned the level of talent he faced playing at TT and whether his numbers were also a product of the offense they ran there.

I don't have links to back it up (I can look), but I remember Crabtree's stock falling because he was acting like a prima donna and didn't interview well. Every few years there is an elite WR prospect that "can't miss" that ends up being a bust.

Maybe he will be awesome, but I always questioned the level of talent he faced playing at TT and whether his numbers were also a product of the offense they ran there.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80eda910&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

That didn't prove anything.

It just said he's "regarded as a sure-fire top 5 pick." Which he obviously wasn't.

Like I said- look back on who went in the top 5 and it makes sense why those teams took who they did and NOT Crabtree. All of their needs outweighed taking him. The stress fracture only really arguably affected him getting drafted by the Raiders at 7, since Al Davis would've loved his 40 time at the combine maybe. Piolo himself said that the combine didn't hurt his chances that much, it's more about the game tape.

My point about Crabtree vs a Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald is that only receivers that unquestionable should be taken that high. Crabtree's living off his own hype and his agent is just pouring fuel on that fire. The top 5 teams didn't think he was worth being picked that high, stress fracture or not.

Ugh... Really starting to hate the draft and all it entails. Follow the NHL and give them a base salary that is pre-determined. Make them earn their pro pay and bring back the thought of "it's a privilege to play in the NFL"

Archived