Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Sig Bet from 2009 season. Verdict.

“Misdirection”

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Jason Campbell is worthy of being an NFL starter (Top 32 QBs in the league).

I'm not ready to say top 11.

I didn't say he had to be top 11. Touchdowns themselves don't define a quarterback.

Chad Pennington(19), Kyle Orton(18), and Tyler Thigpen(18) were all at most 2 away from 20 touchdowns. That's a little over a third of the NFL starting quarterback, at or very near 20.

Jason Campbell was at least in the bottom of the middle third of quarterbacks, last year. But that's as far as we should divulge into this. No need to turn it into a debate.

I think that this really proves that JC has more fans than haters. It's just that the haters voice their opinion a lot more.

Which is absolutely insane when you think about it. The guy is a terrible QB with a losing record in the NFL. Todd Collins went 4-0 with Candle's exact same team against tough competition. The guy should be mowing lawns.

Todd Collins went 4-0 with Candle's exact same team against tough competition. The guy should be mowing lawns.

I still don't understand why people think "Candle" is this huge, clever insult against Campbell.

It's like me going out of my way in every thread and every post calling Brennan "Dolt". Even that makes more sense. lol

The skins have to make the playoffs for the believers to win. Certainly JC won't be extended unless the Skins make the post-season. I'm not carrying some campbell sig by some off chance the skins win nine games, miss the post-season, then Campbell goes to another team.

That or the bet is off if Campbell is not retained.

Losing sig should be worn until the start of training camp, 2010.

My :2cents:

The skins have to make the playoffs for the believers to win. Certainly JC won't be extended unless the Skins make the post-season. I'm not carrying some campbell sig by some off chance the skins win nine games, miss the post-season, then Campbell goes to another team.

That or the bet is off if Campbell is not retained.

Losing sig should be worn until the start of training camp, 2010.

My :2cents:

How about I just add an if campbell is not retained clause.

• 4 months later...
Sounds good.

Looks like the believers may have already lost with Chris Samuels comments today:hysterical:

IF ONLY Chris had turned out to be right. Instead we will get a full 16 games minus a half and a few plays with this loser.

AGAIN. Seriously, we wanted to repeat 2008? Should have started Collins all year LAST year, or at least past the halfway point.

Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually looking for this thread earlier and couldnt find it. I still think 2 out of 3 (considering the one criteria he didnt meet was not completely under his control) is pretty good. The guy has talent but I think he just lacks some of the smarts to play QB. Can he pick it up? Who knows. Guess its up to the coach to decide if its worth waiting to find out!

Archived