Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Sig Bet from 2009 season. Verdict.

“Misdirection”

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

70 responses isn't too bad.

BELIEVER BABY!!!!

Sig bet: Since I hate Brad Johnson, maybe a sig of despised past Redskins?? You could include Deion, maybe Bruce Smith, Antonio Pirece, LaVar, definitely put Jeff George on that list.

Good idea. Maybe just past quarterbacks that have failed in the background with JC in the foreground or as the next in line?

...Trung, Archuletta, Ramsey.

So if he has 17tds passing and 3 rushing??????

Yes that would count.

I don't like the 12 wins.......Kerry Collins

Injury should be more than 2.

20 passing TD's or 22combined.

I said 12 wins because you still need a decent quarterback to win games. And he must be doing SOMETHING right in order to not let the offense fail. Defense itself won't win you all 12 games. :2cents:

But lets not turn this into a debate.

As for the touchdowns that can change. If more people would like to see it higher im all for it. 20 Pass or 22 combined would work. Any more than 20 pass TDs would be too much though, i think.

If you are a believer, then how can a fundamental rule of the bet be satisfied with a non-winning season. The 3rd requirement should be 9 wins.

How are you measuring top 5 qb statistically? QB rating?

The injury caveat is sketchy. If he goes down and the backup performs, there is a distinct possibility that they will let him save face and call him injured for an extended period. How do you define injured? Not suiting up for a game? Does being listed as the #3 QB count as not injured?

The benched for more than a game. Let's clear that one up. For example, if JC is pulled in the 3rd quarter of the Giants game and Colt comes in for the remainder of the game then Colt starts and finishes the Rams game. At that point JC has been benched for more than a game.

If you are a believer, then how can a fundamental rule of the bet be satisfied with a non-winning season. The 3rd requirement should be 9 wins.

How are you measuring top 5 qb statistically? QB rating?

The injury caveat is sketchy. If he goes down and the backup performs, there is a distinct possibility that they will let him save face and call him injured for an extended period. How do you define injured? Not suiting up for a game? Does being listed as the #3 QB count as not injured?

The benched for more than a game. Let's clear that one up. For example, if JC is pulled in the 3rd quarter of the Giants game and Colt comes in for the remainder of the game then Colt starts and finishes the Rams game. At that point JC has been benched for more than a game.

Number of wins: True about the winning season part, i wasn't thinking about that and 9 does sound better if you do believe in your quarterback.

As for the Injured part, that would be hard to tell given the scenario you presented. I'm thinking we could just talk it over if that situation does arise and come to a conclusion, because there are so many different types of injuries that could occur and some are harder to fake for an extended period than others.

The benching of JC is if he is benched for losing (obviously). Say in the Giants game we are up 42-7 near the end of the 3rd, and Colt comes in. That wouldn't count as a benching. But if we were losing with the score the opposite way, I would count that as a benching. Because, it was his inability to help the offense score points that led to it (most likely). Again, something we would have to talk over if it were to happen.

Any other things to be cleared up?

In 2008 in the top 10 QBs in terms of TDs you have Drew Brees - (8-8 season) Cutler (8-8) Arron Rogers (6-10) . Making a wining season part of the bet is a little odd ... after all as we are often told Campbell is the worst QB in all of creation . If these QBs cannot get their team a winning record then is it fair to assume Campbell will even if he has a fantastic year ?

In 2008 in the top 10 QBs in terms of TDs you have Drew Brees - (8-8 season) Cutler (8-8) Arron Rogers (6-10) . Making a wining season part of the bet is a little odd ... after all as we are often told Campbell is the worst QB in all of creation . If these QBs cannot get their team a winning record then is it fair to assume Campbell will even if he has a fantastic year ?

Thus the top 5 QB or Pro bowl cop-outs. However, it depends on what others think about the record.

However, we are (most of us) assuming that our defense will be at least top 5 again. Guys like Drew Brees and Cutler didn't have near the defense we have.

in 2008 in the top 10 QBs in terms of TDs you have Drew Brees - 23rd defense, Cutler - 29th ranked defense, Aaron Rodgers - 20th ranked defense.

campbell had the 4th ranked defense. please tell me you can see the difference.

Okay I am down with the 9 wins .... one other quick question . About the benching ...Wasn't McNabb benched for a game yet he lead the team to the playoffs ... Championship game . Campbell could be theoretically benched in a bad game early on , CB5 could come in and stink on ice, then Campbell could come back on fire meet all the requirements take the team to the championship game or even the superbowl yet the doubters win .... What if ... and I know this is unlikley... the last few games of the season with home field wrapped up Zorn desides to rest most of his starters for the last games including Campbell does that meen he is benched ....ahhh whatever straw clutching I don't really care the conditions are fine ....I am down with Campbell and the Skins ...bring it on

Dude, 20 touchdowns?

Ben Roethlisberger had 17, and I would argue he is the third best QB in the NFL right now. This bet is fundamentally flawed.

Say 10 wins with Campbell as the starter, and I'm in. We don't need Campbell to put up Bradyesque numbers for us to be a championship contender.

Dude, 20 touchdowns?

Ben Roethlisberger had 17, and I would argue he is the third best QB in the NFL right now. This bet is fundamentally flawed.

Say 10 wins with Campbell as the starter, and I'm in. We don't need Campbell to put up Bradyesque numbers for us to be a championship contender.

campbell needs to score more points. id hope we can all agree on that at least.

Dude, 20 touchdowns?

He had 13 this year, so that's really not that much more. We sucked at scoring points last year. 7 more touchdowns (scrambling, passing, however he gets them) isn't really all that much more to ask.

11 of the top 20 quarterbacks had 20+ touchdowns. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Also i'd say bradyesque is around 30+ :2cents:

He had 13 this year, so that's really not that much more. We sucked at scoring points last year. 7 more touchdowns (scrambling, passing, however he gets them) isn't really all that much more to ask.

11 of the top 20 quarterbacks had 20+ touchdowns. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Also i'd say bradyesque is around 30+ :2cents:

I think Jason Campbell is worthy of being an NFL starter (Top 32 QBs in the league).

I'm not ready to say top 11.

Archived