Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Help Finding A Puppy

Chiefinonhaze

Rescue is the way to go if you are willing to be a little flexible on the age requirement.

No matter what, just be sure you're ready to be firm with the discipline.

Alsatians are great dogs, but if they don't sense an alpha in the pack, they will try to become alpha themselves,

I'd encourage you to do a bit more research or go the rescue route.

Finding a GS puppy for less than $500 bucks from a reputable breeder will probably prove very difficult.

Otherwise you'll probably end up supporting puppy mills or bad breeding that is much more likely to cost you tons of money at the Vets office in the future.

I went searching for a Yorkie online. As you know, they are very expensive. I found a breeder of Bull Mastiffs that had pure bred Yorkie's for sale. They were a licensed breeder with reputable sources and a website full of contact information.

A member of the family had a pet Yorkie who had puppies with another Yorkie. They just wanted to "get rid of them" and sold them for $300-$400. I got lucky. Today, Cooley is just over one year old with no problems, knock on wood. He is fast, strong, and SUPER active.

Being a dog lover I would suggest searching pounds first because (and this is pathetic) the sour economy has seen an increase in people giving their animals away. I have a good friend whose wife searched for a dog at their local pound and, by accident, ended up w/a Belgian Malinois (they look much like German Shepherds btw). They didn't even know they had a full bred dog until his wife was out somewhere with the dog and someone complimented her on her choice of breed. And it's been a great dog for them. Search the pounds first! You can find pure breds there too and you'll be saving a pooch from being put down.

Edit: There are also websites such as Greyhound Rescue, Boxer Rescue, etc. that are great avenues to get the breed you want.

My neighbor bought a pure breed puppy from a Texas breeder for 5k, and he had to fly down to Dallas to pick it up.

I would just bag it and get a rescue dog.

My friends just got a Blue King Pit Puppy for a grip of cash.

My response of "you do know there are trash cans full of free ones" didn't fly to well.

Archived