Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Question for those with high Pain Tolerance

alwaysaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Spurrier was worse but Norv was by far the worst experience for fans of the team.

He should have been canned after 96. How do you start 7-1, lose nobody to injury that I remember, and miss the playoffs? Losing that Boomer Esiason Cardinals game in the process.

Then they go and start 0-7 in 1998 and he still wasn't fired. WTF?:chair:

Norv was worse because he was a cowboy beforehand to top it all off:doh:.

I never hated spurrier too much because of all the loot he won me in college while at UF. He was in the wrong field, he knew it, and stepped down. Can't fault the guy too much for giving it a shot. Plus as skins fans we can get the last laugh because he is now getting his butt kicked year in and year out from the same team he left to take the Skins job.

Spurrier, point and laugh. Norv enherited a great team and is a contender every year with a great GM and one of the best personel departments in the NFL.

I can't stand Norv. All the more reason why I will personally will the team to victory when I attend the SD game on January 3rd.

Norv was long and drawn out torture, as we would continue to find ways to lose games. "These guys fought awful hard."

The Norv years were way worse. Six out of seven seasons of failure and heartbreak compounded by aged Dallass rejects and "What we do here works" quotes from the coach.

Don't forget "We did some good things today." Think I might've heard Spurrier use that one, too.

What made Spurrier bad for me is the fact that I am a huge Florida State fan. So for him to come to my favorite pro football team and destroy it like he did made it a thousand times worse. I hate Florida, hate Spurrier and I hate the fact that Danny Boy actually thought he could bring his Fun and Gun offense to the NFL and have success, what a bunch of Bull****!!!!!

this choice is much like south park's dilemma: having to choose between a poop-sandwich and a d-bag

I think Spurrier was worse, he brought annoying Gator fans to this board much like Colt brought all these annoying Hawaii fans

He also brought in Danny Wuerffel, and never took being a nfl coach seriously. recall him making fun of jim haslett sleeping in his office?

this choice is much like south park's dilemma: having to choose between a poop-sandwich and a d-bag

I think Spurrier was worse, he brought annoying Gator fans to this board much like Colt brought all these annoying Hawaii fans

He also brought in Danny Wuerffel, and never took being a nfl coach seriously. recall him making fun of jim haslett sleeping in his office?

In 1994, Norval's first year, the Redskins lost every home game, a feat that had never been accomplished and has not since

In 1996 the Redskins opened the season 7-1 before finishing 2-6 and out of the playoffs.

In 1998 the Redskins opened the season 0-7 and were never in the hunt.

from http://curlyr.blogspot.com/2007/08/saga-of-norv-turner.html

norv for the lead!!!

I found the Spurrier Era entertaining. It felt like one long piece of performance art. I wouldn't be surprised if we later learn that "Steve Spurrier" was played by Sasha Bara Cohen.

From a purely football standpoint, Norv's teams looked like football teams. They weren't terribly good, but it was just mediocrity.

SOS's teams were like football combined with an acid trip. I'm not sure that team ever actually practiced the plays they ran.

Archived