Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: DC Sorts Bog: Previewing Tony Romo and the Congressional Boos

bubba9497

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/06/previewing_tony_romo_and_the_c.html

Click link for entire article

Previewing Tony Romo sits to pee and the Congressional Boos

There are certain standards in golf, and certain standards at Congressional Country Club. You don't wear your baseball hat backwards. You don't wear cargo shorts. You don't yell at golfers mid-swing, and you sure as heck don't boo.

Wednesday morning will put those standards to a severe test, when Tiger Woods, Tony Romo sits to pee, John Boehner and one other as-yet unnamed fellow tee off together from No. 10 at 6:30. Think less "Get in the hole!," and more "Fall in that ditch, Romo sits to pee!"

"Oh, I'm gonna definitely boo him," said one extremely well-respected member of Congressional, who, being a Washingtonian, asked that her name not be used. "This is Redskins territory. It's like the Yankees; you hate the Yankees, and you hate the Cowboys. I might have to wear a Redskins shirt."

"It's a matter of principle," added another Congressional member, who ALSO requested anonymity. "He's basically asking for it, showing his face here."

Gary Williams, as seen above, recommended that fans boo, so that Romo sits to pee can feel at home, or as he usually feels in D.C., anyhow. And Paul Goydos gave D.C. fans a waiver on the normal rules of etiquette.

"Do I think they should interfere with the round of golf? No," said Goydos, himself a Rams fan. "Do I think they should give him some [stuff] if they get the opportunity? That's part of life. He gets paid very well. I don't know that you should be hassling Tiger because he's got Romo sits to pee out there. But a Cowboy coming into Redskin or Eagle or Giant territory has to expect that a little bit. For me to tell them it's inappropriate is not fair. Those people are nuts."

"That's to be expected, right?" agreed Kevin Stadler.

The other interesting fact, noted by the Washington Times, is that Jason Campbell, Bruce Boudreau, Antwaan Randle El and Mike Weir will be teeing off in the group just behind Tiger and friends, at around 6:40 a.m. So theoretically, if one of those Redskins gents has extra Wheaties tomorrow morning and is feeling frisky, he could send a stray ball into the next group and in Romo sits to pee's general direction. Just a possibility.

If they do boo him I hope its like the hall of fame one with Irvin. That was funny.

I hope there are redskins fans that really mess with him, not to the point of harassing the guy but maybe make him miss a swing and get all pissed of about it.

If they do boo him I hope its like the hall of fame one with Irvin. That was funny.

Nah, you're only trying to interfere with Romo sits to pee, a "boo" of that proportion would have to stop ALL play on the ENTIRE course...

The other interesting fact, noted by the Washington Times, is that Jason Campbell, Bruce Boudreau, Antwaan Randle El and Mike Weir will be teeing off in the group just behind Tiger and friends, at around 6:40 a.m. So theoretically, if one of those Redskins gents has extra Wheaties tomorrow morning and is feeling frisky, he could send a stray ball into the next group and in Romo sits to pee's general direction. Just a possibility.

It would basically guarantee Campbell entry into the Redskins Ring of Fame if he nailed Romo sits to pee on the head with a drive.

The audio and video from today's footage = PRICELESS.

Somebody has to post it ASAP.

Watch Romo sits to pee choke and fumble the ball while putting it on the tee...and blame the ball for being "new" and "slippery"

Again, FYI, Marion Barber = ZIPPY 1,000 yard Rushing Seasons in 4 years of play.

CP > Barber.............................all day.

I lost a little bit of respect for Tiger by choosing to play with Romo sits to pee. Of all the people he could have picked to be paired with in DC, he stupidly chose Romo sits to pee. :doh:

Maybe there was a bet between Romo sits to pee and Tiger from when Romo sits to pee played Beth Page Black with Roethlisberger and Justin Timberlake. I'm guessing Tiger lost!

Well, I was at the tournament today, and Romo sits to pee definitely got booed when he was introduced during the ceremony, but it wasn't very loud (I was booing). His girlfriend also sang the national anthem, so it was a double-whammy.

When Campbell, Randle El, and Boudreau were introduced, they all got loud cheering.

Also, saw Kelli Johnson for the first time in person, and I always thought she was cute, but she's actually really hot. Saw Steinberg walking around asking people questions, at one point talking to a gaggle of people wearing Romo sits to pee jerseys.

Archived