Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bison meat

SiCkSoULjA

Watching TV this morning Tony Little is on with some chick on HSN selling a ton of BISON meat for 70 dollars. I talking tons of meat here

1 8oz BISON STEAK 220 calories 2g of fat and 52g of protein that is unreal. They are claiming it taste better than beef. They claim if you eat 10 Bison steaks you are eating less fat than 1 chicken breast. Anybody ever eat Bison before?

My buddy had bison burgers a couple nights ago. He said it was great. I said, yeah, but you seasoned it big time, didn't you? He said yeah, but he still liked it.

It's very very lean. I hardly believe it tastes better than beef. That is why it is seasoned so heavily - to disguise the bland taste.

I am a steak man I went on a 6 year stretch where i was eating nothing but chicken n turkey no beef in pork. Well a few years ago I had a steak and thought wtf was I doing to myself STEAK is the best! So I when I saw this **** on HSN i was like yea right but to have less fat than 10 steaks and to have the protein it has is amazing and the **** looked kind of good. I want to try it and I am not the type to be trying things

My buddy had bison burgers a couple nights ago. He said it was great. I said, yeah, but you seasoned it big time, didn't you? He said yeah, but he still liked it.

It's very very lean. I hardly believe it tastes better than beef. That is why it is seasoned so heavily - to disguise the bland taste.

the flavor is in the fat

if you get the legit bison meat that really is lean,it will taste good but not close to say 80/20 beef.

that said I've seen bison popping up in some chain grocers and it's not as lean as it could be. I'd guess it's a 93/7 blend in places like kroger/farm fresh. which will have about 8-12 grams of fat per serving.

I normally just go for the 99% lean ground turkey,super lean bison has to be ordered.

Bison is great, its a terrific alternative to ground turkey which has a certain taste/aftertaste to it.

Its the real deal man and a fantastic option for burgers, meatloaf, chili, etc. The best burger on the planet will not be bison, but a darn good one can be. If you put it in chili or meatloaf and served it to me I would have no idea unless you told me.

I 've had it a few times. Whether it is as good as beef or better is a matter of opinion & personal taste. It also to depend on the quality of the beef. But in my personal opinion burgers go in this order

1) Venison Burgers (I usually add about 10-15% beef fat & I only use fresh wild venison)

2) Beef Burgers (Made from good quality meat)

3) Bison Burgers

4) Beef Burgers (Made from average to cheap meat)

Also that fat content deal is sort of misleading. Almost all of the time a 85% lean burger will taste better than a 80% lean burger. A burger needs some fat in it but too much completely ruins the burger. Of course in my expert opinion Frog Legs & Rabbit beat all of them.

Watching TV this morning Tony Little is on with some chick on HSN selling a ton of BISON meat for 70 dollars. I talking tons of meat here

1 8oz BISON STEAK 220 calories 2g of fat and 52g of protein that is unreal. They are claiming it taste better than beef. They claim if you eat 10 Bison steaks you are eating less fat than 1 chicken breast. Anybody ever eat Bison before?

Bison burgers (at Ted's) are as good as any beef burgers around. With the health factor, I'll order it every time no doubt.

Bison steaks are good, but different. I personally don't think it tastes better than a real steak. But still good.

Archived