Extremeskins

Who are your Top 5 Skins of Alltime?

SkinsCrank

1. Sammy Baugh

2. Darrell Green

3. Art Monk

4. Charley Taylor

5. Sonny J

ST is a supplemental favorite but you cant put him among the top 5, as sad as his fate was...

Portis and Cooley might one day break the list, but not yet.

These players played for the skins most of their career and they were great players, all are in the Hall.

Sammy Baugh

Darrell Green

Art Monk

Charlie Taylor

Sonny

Honorable Mention:

Dave Butz

Sean Taylor

Chris Hanburger

Monte Coleman

Gary Clark

Joe Jacoby

Russ Grimm

Jeff Bostic

Jim Lachey

Mark May

Joey T

Charles Mann

Brian Mitchell

Mike Nelms

Coach Gibbs (would be in the list had he played)

You forgot Ken Houston. He deserves a spot on there.

1. Eddie LeBaron

2. Sammy Baugh

3. Turk Edwards

4. Bones Taylor

5. Cliff Battles

You've got to love LeBaron because he is the walking breathing embodiment of heart and the golden generation. There has never been a tougher, craftier player in the history of the league. He was a decorated war hero and a guy who played all over the field.

Also Gene Brito was one of our only good players during the 50's.

I figure I'd mention the older players that none of us got to watch.

Edit: I looked up Gene Brito on wikipedia to look at his career and found some interesting stuff. Apparently he was far and away our most popular player in the 50's (the Chris Cooley of that era). He too served in the military as a paratrooper in WWII. And apparently he was Dick Nixon's favorite player, interesting stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Brito

If they haven't won a championship, they shouldn't be on the list imo

I understand your thinking somewhat, but that eliminates generations of phenomenal players who could hold salt with anyone on our teams in the 80's and 40's. Some of those players embody what it is to be a Redskin. Especially the guys on those super talented teams we had in the 60's and 70's that could never get over the hump, i.e. Charlie Taylor, Ken Houston, Larry Brown, and Bobby Mitchell.

And we had some excellent individual players in the 50's even though the teams weren't good. Truly classy guys who's type has gone the way of the dinosaur in today's NFL.

1. Darrell Green - 20 years in the league as a Redskin and Hall of Famer

2. Art Monk - Most underrated Hall of Famer

3. Sonny Jurgenson - a Hall of Famer and true Redskin at heart

4. John Riggins - The Deisel that ran the Super Bowl wins

5. Charley Taylor - another Hall of Famer and a true Redskin

Honorable mention

Sean Taylor - unlimited talent, true professional, and a true Redskin but died too young to know his true potential.

Dave Butz - a mountain of a man, run stuffer and another true Redskin

Chris Hanburger - Played his position better than any other during his time and should be in the Hall

Gary Clark - Great big game receiver for a little guy

Joe Jacoby - one of the true HOGS and the anchor of the Oline.

Russ Grimm - another true HOG

Jeff Bostic - underrate center of the HOGS

Jim Lachey - A great Tackle and another HOG

Mark May - an underrated Guard on a Super Bowl Oline

Joey T - a true Redskin at heart

Charles Mann - another true Redskin and a dominate DE

I'll have to admit that I was suprised to see how many times Taylor showed up on these lists. He really only had one good season for us. Yeah, he was promising, but that was tragically never realized.

But that surprise could not prepare me for when I saw JC on someone's list. I seriously almost fell out of my chair. JC is not even a top 5 on the current team, much less our history. But whatever.

My 5:

1. Sonny

2. Monk

3. Green

4. Riggins

5. Baugh (out of respect; never saw him play)

I'll have to admit that I was suprised to see how many times Taylor showed up on these lists. He really only had one good season for us. Yeah, he was promising, but that was tragically never realized.

Agreed. Sometimes I think people think too highly of him (Dont bash me, im only talking about that in relation to how long he played, i loved him as much as anyone else.) I tend to think about his time as a Redskin as if he was here and left via free agency, if what he did in that time span would be enough to warrant a top 5 selection, and to me it doesnt. Maybe top 10 if you factor in potential.

But to each his own. It doesnt really bother me.

1. Baugh

2. Monk

3. Riggins

4. Houston

5. Green

HM- Gary Clark and Chris Hanburger

05, Sean had the INT return for a TD and then the big game against TB.

07...we all know the path he was on there.

and remember that a lot of people on this board are young.

The path was never realized.

I think age is irrelevant.

Yes he had big games, but there were more Redskins that had bigger games or better careers.

The path was never realized.

I think age is irrelevant.

Yes he had big games, but there were more Redskins that had bigger games or better careers.

he was leading the league in INTs and Pro bowl votes when he passed. he had not only established himself as a monster hitter but now a ball hawk as well.

yeah, it was realized.

Archived