Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well that just SUCKED!!!!! Double Whammy speeding ticket

rdsknbill

So my son is graduating tonight and I am working out of the house today. He had to go take care of a family members house while they are gone. I say "Hey want to go grab lunch and then you can take off?" He says sure.

I pull out onto the main road, he's following. We aren't even a MILE FROM THE ****ing HOUSE! and there is a speed trap set up at the bottom of the hill. The cop drills us both! These ****s are tucked into a wooded lane. NO WAY you can see them. At one point one cop had SEVEN cars pulled over. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

They hit me for 140 and the boy for 160!

Nice graduation present huh?

How fast were you going and what's the speed limit?

It is a country road. Speed limit is 45. On a normal day, you would get run over if you were doing 45. Anyway, these guys are set up right at the bottom of a VERY steep hill that goes into a straight away.

I was at 60, the boy at 65

It is a country road. Speed limit is 45. On a normal day, you would get run over if you were doing 45. Anyway, these guys are set up right at the bottom of a VERY steep hill that goes into a straight away.

I was at 60, the boy at 65

Radar or are they timing?

I had a cop do that to me a few years back. Basically I was going around a curve and this guy blew past me. I saw the cop coming in the other lane and saw him turn and I was like "NICE! He's gonna' bust that guy." He pulls ME over too. Thinking it was my illegal tint I just got installed, he comes up (I roll the window down long before he pulls me over) after he pulled the other guy over right behind me and asks me if I knew why he stopped me.

I truly had no idea (and didn't want to mention my tint) and he says "Well, I clocked the guy in front of you at 80 in a 55. I ONLY go 5 over (not that that makes it less illegal, but still). He says that I was right with him. I asked to see a print out where I was on radar and he said he didn't have it on me, just on the guy in front of me.

Basically, I took this bull crap to court and he says he was able to observe me for at least 1-2 seconds and the judge thought that was enough to "convince" him when I wasn't on radar and the cop basically had no IDEA what speed I was going. Lame.

That is really stupid that they pull you over going down a freaking hill. I'd fight that.

Well the speed limit doesn't say its ok to speed when you go down a hill. You are suppose to be in control of your vehicle at all times to obey the rules.

Sucks the Cops set a speedtrap up there but sounds like due to the amount of speeding on the road they are trying to crack down and you got caught.

Well the speed limit doesn't say its ok to speed when you go down a hill. You are suppose to be in control of your vehicle at all times to obey the rules.

Sucks the Cops set a speedtrap up there but sounds like due to the amount of speeding on the road they are trying to crack down and you got caught.

I've lived off of this road for the past 17 years and it was never this bad.

I think that they have bigger fish to fry, instead of putting FIVE cops on one speed trap. :mad:

I had a cop do that to me a few years back. Basically I was going around a curve and this guy blew past me. I saw the cop coming in the other lane and saw him turn and I was like "NICE! He's gonna' bust that guy." He pulls ME over too. Thinking it was my illegal tint I just got installed, he comes up (I roll the window down long before he pulls me over) after he pulled the other guy over right behind me and asks me if I knew why he stopped me.

I truly had no idea (and didn't want to mention my tint) and he says "Well, I clocked the guy in front of you at 80 in a 55. I ONLY go 5 over (not that that makes it less illegal, but still). He says that I was right with him. I asked to see a print out where I was on radar and he said he didn't have it on me, just on the guy in front of me.

Basically, I took this bull crap to court and he says he was able to observe me for at least 1-2 seconds and the judge thought that was enough to "convince" him when I wasn't on radar and the cop basically had no IDEA what speed I was going. Lame.

A few years back a Maryland Baconator pulled me over. I was in a group of cars, going with the flow, no faster than the six cars in front of and next to me. I had a ***** that was right on my ass and he pulled me over. He didn't even know how fast I was going, just gave me an excessive speed ticket. I was the one red car in a group of dark colored cars. I guess he had a quota to fill. The day I was going to fight it in court, work screwed me and I couldn't go.

They have some little thing sitting on a tripod, about 12 inches off the ground, at the edge of the trees. I guess it is Vascar?

I wonder if my scrambler would work on it. I'm tempted to go drive up and down the road just to **** with them. :evilg:

I've lived off of this road for the past 17 years and it was never this bad.

I think that they have bigger fish to fry, instead of putting FIVE cops on one speed trap. :mad:

I've lived next to a road in annandale va for about 10 years never had any problems until recently there are cops on it everyday and they put up the big fairfax county police thing that flashes please slow down and how fast you are going.

Seems a new neighbor moved in and complained so they started cracking down.

Just seems like bad timing. You could try going to court but 15 over is pretty big at least here in VA for speeding.

Government revenue enhancement disguised as public safety. Just like the new seat belt laws. Hadn't been a problem since the Model T and now all of a sudden they're concerned about our safety. BS, it's all about money and that's it.

Government revenue enhancement disguised as public safety. Just like the new seat belt laws. Hadn't been a problem since the Model T and now all of a sudden they're concerned about our safety. BS, it's all about money and that's it.

I got a parking ticket in Baltimore for parking in an unmarked crosswalk. $52 ticket. I have parked in the same spot a number of times and never got a ticket. There wasn't a no parking sign where I parked. Definitely a BS parking ticket for city revenue.

I've lived next to a road in annandale va for about 10 years never had any problems until recently there are cops on it everyday and they put up the big fairfax county police thing that flashes please slow down and how fast you are going.

Be aware. They had those ****ing things on this road too. Then they started setting up speed traps. That is likely the next step in your area.

QFT.

If they were actually concerned with safety, every state would have mandatory helmet laws for bikers.

Archived