Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Michael Jordan evolutionized the game, what are players like Kobe Bryant...

WhoRUSupposed2Be

and your responses have nothing to do with reality

It's not realistic to think about how today's athletes would fare playing in the past? Ha, I'm sure you've never thought about that. If my responses have nothing to do with reality, why are you responding to them? If you knew I was talking strictly about LeBron why did you say the Cavaliers?

It's not realistic to think about how today's athletes would fare playing in the past? Ha, I'm sure you've never thought about that. If my responses have nothing to do with reality, why are you responding to them? If you knew I was talking strictly about LeBron why did you say the Cavaliers?

I was trying to relate with what you were saying but you didnt like my answers.

OK then, Lebron couldnt beat the Celtics of the 60s.

happy with that response?

I was trying to relate with what you were saying but you didnt like my answers.

OK then, Lebron couldnt beat the Celtics of the 60s.

happy with that response?

Yes. Very. :silly:

I'm just saying, LeBron would have a high # of points, rebounds and assists in a playoff series against the 1965 Warriors. They couldn't hang with him.

Burgold brings up good points also. Rule changes may hamper those from different eras like Polamalu said, the guys in the past wouldn't be able to do what they did in today's NFL because of all the ridiculous rules now in place or vice versa.

I was too young when MJ was in his early 20's. But what player did they say he was trying to be like? Any?

I remember for years...Kobe was trying to hard to be MJ. The way he chewed him gum. They he slouched during other player free throws, and would tug on his own shorts. Etc, etc.

James went as far as wearing 23. But he's just a freak of nature. I think if MJ's mind and skill had Lebron's body. That would have been really scary.

I think one thing that Lebron's defenders in this and are other threads are forgetting is how much a hated figure was Jordan was when he was playing. It comes with the territory.

Currently, Lebron though is not great. Just like Shaq wasn't great until he won his ring or Elway wasn't great until he got his. Marino and Ewing will never be great. Greatness requires you to be the best. Being the best requires a championship.

I know others will disagree with this, but they are wrong :D

This I agree with.

So, why all the hype about Lebron vs. Kobe because it was clear Kobe was the better player.

I was too young when MJ was in his early 20's. But what player did they say he was trying to be like? Any?

I remember for years...Kobe was trying to hard to be MJ. The way he chewed him gum. They he slouched during other player free throws, and would tug on his own shorts. Etc, etc.

James went as far as wearing 23. But he's just a freak of nature. I think if MJ's mind and skill had Lebron's body. That would have been really scary.

Jordan was compared to Julius Erving. Until he won a ring. Then he was just called the greatest.

He came in as the Dr was going out. So, there was that. Real basketball gurus thought he was going to be a better Sydney Moncrief though. The Doctor was never interested in playing D.

What everyone forgets is that if you were in junior high in 1987, there was a legitimate debate between the Air Jordan fans and the 'Nique fans. After the '88 Eastern Conference semis, you could make an argument that the superstar of the next ten years was going to be Wilkins. The Hawks seemed far ahead of the Bulls at that point and Wilkins had every shot in his arsenal. Jordan was putting up crazy numbers, but he seemed on pace for a Pete Maravich career then (not that any of us knew the Pistol at that point).

I was a Larry Bird fan growing up, but I could definitely get behind the Human Highlight Film.

Now I'm thinking about Sydney Moncrief.

Those Bucks teams in the early 80s were one of the all-time wrong-place/wrong-time teams. They came along and peaked when three of the greatest teams ever were playing - Magic/Kareem Lakers, Bird/Tiny Celtics, and Dr/Moses Sixers.

The 82-83 Bucks had a 25-year-old Marques Johnson and a 26-year-old Sydney Moncrief. If I gave you a team with those two pieces and dropped them in the East right now, you would pencil them into the next 6 Conference finals.

He came in as the Dr was going out. So' date=' there was that. Real basketball gurus thought he was going to be a better Sydney Moncrief though. The Doctor was never interested in playing D.

What everyone forgets is that if you were in junior high in 1987, there was a legitimate debate between the Air Jordan fans and the 'Nique fans. After the '88 Eastern Conference semis, you could make an argument that the superstar of the next ten years was going to be Wilkins. The Hawks seemed far ahead of the Bulls at that point and Wilkins had every shot in his arsenal. Jordan was putting up crazy numbers, but he seemed on pace for a Pete Maravich career then (not that any of us knew the Pistol at that point).

I was a Larry Bird fan growing up, but I could definitely get behind the Human Highlight Film.[/quote']

Nique is still the best dunker Ive ever seen. Better then Jordan and Carter. Dude was vicious when he jumped.

dr dunkenstein could break a rim but he didnt have much range...

Dr J

Jordan

Nique

Carter

Webb

Kenny "Sky" Walker..

no particular order. I know Walker can be replaced but I liked his style.

for power though, nobody beat Shaq in my book.

dr dunkenstein could break a rim but he didnt have much range...

Dr J

Jordan

Nique

Carter

Webb

Kenny "Sky" Walker..

no particular order. I know Walker can be replaced but I liked his style.

for power though, nobody beat Shaq in my book.

Kobe is top 10. LeBron will be top 10 when he actually gets some variety...

Honorable mention...Shawn Kemp, J-Rich, Desmond Mason

in dunking abilities?

kobe doesnt have ****..lebron has big reach and sky but no variety.

when they start doing windmills, tomahawks, extensions, 360's DURING the game then talk to me. Nique

look at these dunks...that was **** that would be done during a contest and he just did it mid air with a dude in his face!! un****ingreal!!

in dunking abilities?

kobe doesnt have ****..lebron has big reach and sky but no variety.

when they start doing windmills, tomahawks, extensions, 360's DURING the game then talk to me. Nique

look at these dunks...that was **** that would be done during a contest and he just did it mid air with a dude in his face!! un****ingreal!!

1) I said quote "when he learns to get some variety..."

2) Kobe does 360's all the time in games. Kobe is a much more fun dunker than LeBron.

Besides, it's not like MJ kissed the rim in game. I think you are forgetting the nasty dunks Kobe had when he was still #8.

Kobe's been in the league 13 years..his jumping days are far behind him.

Kobe couldnt hold Nique's shoes...game time...dunk contest time..haircut time..

Kobe has a plethora of in game 360's, windmills, baseline reverse slams, nasty alley oops. I think you just forgot about him when he was young.

Archived