Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Day Dreaming: Skins out of Position

Rhodus333

So I'm bored at work, and I got to thinking about what would happen if our team was riddled with injuries during a specific game, and we were forced to put different players in to positions they weren't originally drafted for.

This is more of a fun topic for dicussion than serious, but combined with all the unrealistic movie scenarios out there where a guy comes in and saves the day by playing a totally unfamiliar position (Look at the Waterboy or the Replacements for example), just figured I'd have some fun.

Who do you think would be entertaining or even beneficial to plug into a different spot as a one time, quick fix solution when the regular guys are incapacitated? Mike Williams pounding the ball in from the 1? DeAngelo Hall lined up as a reciever? Cooley blitzing the QB?

So I'm bored at work, and I got to thinking about what would happen if our team was riddled with injuries during a specific game, and we were forced to put different players in to positions they weren't originally drafted for.

This is more of a fun topic for dicussion than serious, but combined with all the unrealistic movie scenarios out there where a guy comes in and saves the day by playing a totally unfamiliar position (Look at the Waterboy or the Replacements for example), just figured I'd have some fun.

Who do you think would be entertaining or even beneficial to plug into a different spot as a one time, quick fix solution when the regular guys are incapacitated? Mike Williams pounding the ball in from the 1? DeAngelo Hall lined up as a reciever? Cooley blitzing the QB?

how about mike williams at wide out

didnt this happen one year. the "body bag game". The skins had Brian Mitchell playing QB by the end of the game.

Yes, Brian Mitchell mopped up at quarterback at the end of that infamous game at Philly after both QBs Jeff Rutledge and Stan Humphries were knocked out of the game. The Eagles won that game, but the Skins got the last laugh that season when, with revenge definitely on their minds they crushed Philly in a first round playoff game 20-6.

Remember the blessfully short punting career of Joe Theismann?

Joe Theismann's career punting stats:

No. Punts - 1

Total Yards - 4

Punting Avg - 4.0

Who on the present day Skins would be the emergency kicker or punter, assuming both the kicker and punter got hurt?

The Eagles won that game, but the Skins got the last laugh that season when, with revenge definitely on their minds they crushed Philly in a first round playoff game 20-6.

Man, what a great game that playoff was...

One reporter caught Gibbs in an unguarded moment. It was January 3, the day before the game. Snow had fallen on New Year’s Eve and the journalist noted that the snow still covered Gibbs’ car in the parking lot at Redskins Park. In the hallway, the more Gibbs talked about Buddy, the madder he got. "I live to play a game like this one. I live to play this guy." Gibbs said, turning red faced with rage.

http://was.scout.com/2/533649.html

Archived